Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

God of War (2018)

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I picked this up today and it's pretty good so far. The combat reminds me a lot of Assassin's Creed Origins (which is based off of Dark Souls) and I like how Kratos (who I now can't unsee as Tommaso Ciampa) is still a moody asshole but is trying to not completely take it out on his son.

The game looks fucking gorgeous too.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I absolutely love the relationship between Kratos and Artreus in this. The kid is just enough of a smart-ass to not be annoying and Kratos' basing his child rearing on the philosophy "everything and everyone sucks" is so wrong they both know it but Kratos has been through enough shit that he can't help it and Artreus is just humoring him.

Kratos' attempts at telling stories on the boat is hilarious too.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I seem to be the only one here playing this, but fuck this game is great. I'm so glad I didn't read reviews or anything on this beforehand because there's a moment they build to that some reviews apparently spoiled and it's probably one of the best moments in a game in some time.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I watched a friend play for a bit. I wasn’t a fan of the first 2 because it was way too button mashy but the combat in this one seems better.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I started playing this last night, and man, the combat in this game is surprisingly difficult, or maybe I just suck because I'm not blocking enough.