Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Grand Theft Auto V

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A Happy Medium said:
It's a shame that you need to buy the high end cars, but I understand the idea of owning a Comet to be an achievement. Right now, I'm just grinding towards 400K to buy the most expensive condo in the game. It comes with a 6 car garage, I believe. So, I'm doing a survival, survival, sell stolen car spree at the moment.

Couple things here:

I FINALLY survived all ten rounds on Survival, had some epic teammates. They did 80% of the work I must admit. Nice payoff.

I lucked onto a REAL money maker with some guys last night, I joined a random race and there was two guys in there, they had a small motorbike race which was about 1.2m or so, and had it set to one lap. Third place gauranteed about $1600, second $3600 or so and first place got about $6000, so they replayed it over and over and over again, must have got about 30 grand that way.

To your condo, I purchased the £223,000 one (I couldn't bother to wait any longer for the 400k one) and that comes with a ten car garage. I'd recommend that one.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
We're about to be richer!
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/11/grand-theft-auto-5-online-players-to-receive-a-half-million-in/

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Exslade ZX said:
And every player will immediately blow it on the 400k apartment lol.

It is rather nice, though. I feel like a sucker for saving up for it, but hey, 500k is a nice chunk of change to play with for new vehicles, and at least I still have the satisfaction. But, I'll probably buy a nice car and put the rest away for a higher level and owning an airplane.

I'll be on late tomorrow night after work. 12 AM central time.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
So am I unlucky or did the patch (PS3 version) destroy my game? Twice now I've tried playing and the first time it cycled through the loading screens, the music stopped on Trevor and nothing happened. It's still technically loading / working since the tips are there, but nothing is happening. I quit, tried again, and now it didn't even switch from the bikini girl loading screen - it's just loading from there and doing nothing but showing the tips. I can press X to switch between story / online but it seems to do nothing.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zeMuJbn_OhA

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Amazing Rando said:
I'm doing the "walk 5 miles in the desert" Epsilon mission with the help of a rubber band and some tape. Pain in the ass.

Finished this, but accidentally bailed on the 2.1 million dollars because I assumed I'd get some kind of prompt for "kill everybody and run" and instead I just walked away and "mission complete, no cash for you!". So angry.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Game started working again yesterday but unfortunately I didn't realize how long the mission I was taking was - I went to Trevor's safehouse to change into the nice sweater I bought him and this prompted the phone to ring and start a mission - and I don't feel like doing it over so soon.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I promoted everyone in the crew to Representative so you guys can invite people if you want. Don't you all feel special?

Adam

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What's thew crew KingPK? I searched for The Real TSM but nothing came up on R*.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
FLAM, wtf was that last night in that first mission? Did you and the other guy spawn inside the military base?

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
ギース・ハワード said:
FLAM, wtf was that last night in that first mission? Did you and the other guy spawn inside the military base?

Yeah, that was terrible trying to get out of there.

Also, I forgot my car was locked for everyone, in case you thought I was being a dick when you were trying to get in.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
0_0.jpg

Someone was nice enough to give me a good snapshot to take from the window of the condo.

0_0.jpg

I had to take a picture of this.

Connected to the second image was someone I was playing with last night. I was in a delivery truck and he was hauling me through the air. We decided to go after a bounty, which meant that he dropped me on top of the bounty car.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I want to build my strength so I don't go down so fast, but nobody wants to play tennis or golf with me. Even with almost full armor and full health a couple of shots puts me down.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Not really. I guess I could just run down the street clotheslining everyone. I actually tried that around Franklin's first house, but everyone pulled out their guns.....

Exslade ZX

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KingPK said:
I want to build my strength so I don't go down so fast, but nobody wants to play tennis or golf with me. Even with almost full armor and full health a couple of shots puts me down.
Does that actually determine how fast your meter goes down in multiplayer?

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I though the little tooltip said that higher strength means less damage taken.

Oh hey, I just leveled to 19 and my max health increased. I guess that's what it's tied to.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
I'm completely stuck in story mode and some internet research revealed I'm not alone (though I was hoping these were all complaints from September or a pre-Online patch). I've actually read up on what missions I'm supposed to do but I seemingly have no way of doing them.

What I've done:
- Trevor into Wade's apartment, made a heist plan, stole a mini-sub.
- Michael completed flight school up to the helicopter, because that's too hard and screw it I have 100 in Flight now.
- Franklin upgraded his shooting to 80 after doing some shooting range stuff at Ammu-Nation.

What I can't do:
- So, there's supposed to now be another FIB or B marker as... Trevor? Michael? None of my characters have mission markers (not counting S&Fs) for anything to advance the plot.
- I gather I'm supposed to be doing a string of missions that involve getting a dump truck, masks, and a car but again, I have no way of initiating this.
- I do have a text from Wade (as Trevor) reminding me to go to Fort Zancudo to steal a helicopter, but that sounds hard.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm blocked too. Michael and Trevor just kidnapped someone and I can only play as Franklin. Which is part of the story...but that was days ago (in game and IRL). I'm left with nothing I can do since I can't start the next mission until one of Michael or Trevor is available.

Staff member
Reaction score
DrVenkman said:
I'm completely stuck in story mode and some internet research revealed I'm not alone (though I was hoping these were all complaints from September or a pre-Online patch). I've actually read up on what missions I'm supposed to do but I seemingly have no way of doing them.

What I've done:
- Trevor into Wade's apartment, made a heist plan, stole a mini-sub.
- Michael completed flight school up to the helicopter, because that's too hard and screw it I have 100 in Flight now.
- Franklin upgraded his shooting to 80 after doing some shooting range stuff at Ammu-Nation.

What I can't do:
- So, there's supposed to now be another FIB or B marker as... Trevor? Michael? None of my characters have mission markers (not counting S&Fs) for anything to advance the plot.
- I gather I'm supposed to be doing a string of missions that involve getting a dump truck, masks, and a car but again, I have no way of initiating this.
- I do have a text from Wade (as Trevor) reminding me to go to Fort Zancudo to steal a helicopter, but that sounds hard.

You have to go steal the helicopter. And yes, it is kind of hard.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Go to the mask store on Vespucci Beach (near the pier) for the masks. IIRC some of the heist setup missions don't have a mission marker and are just things to find in the world.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
Ok I'll try these things later. I ended up getting all geeked out over hearing music from Pee Wee's Big Adventure while shooting clowns.