Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Grand Theft Auto V

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
909 said:
DrVenkman said:
I'm completely stuck in story mode and some internet research revealed I'm not alone (though I was hoping these were all complaints from September or a pre-Online patch). I've actually read up on what missions I'm supposed to do but I seemingly have no way of doing them.

What I've done:
- Trevor into Wade's apartment, made a heist plan, stole a mini-sub.
- Michael completed flight school up to the helicopter, because that's too hard and screw it I have 100 in Flight now.
- Franklin upgraded his shooting to 80 after doing some shooting range stuff at Ammu-Nation.

What I can't do:
- So, there's supposed to now be another FIB or B marker as... Trevor? Michael? None of my characters have mission markers (not counting S&Fs) for anything to advance the plot.
- I gather I'm supposed to be doing a string of missions that involve getting a dump truck, masks, and a car but again, I have no way of initiating this.
- I do have a text from Wade (as Trevor) reminding me to go to Fort Zancudo to steal a helicopter, but that sounds hard.

You have to go steal the helicopter. And yes, it is kind of hard.
It must have just been luck, but that was one of the easiest missions I did. Literally just drove right up to the side of the helicopter, got in, and flew away. I was actually a little confused by how little resistance there was.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
The thing I read said even if you try to be stealthy, stepping foot on the base is an automatic 4 star warning as the game scripts you being there as causing an alarm.

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to kill waves and waves of soldiers. And as Trevor I always forgot to use his special ability, so you can guess how that went.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bumping this because I just beat the game today. It's the first GTA game I've ever actually finished the story on, and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I mean it's good that it didn't just completely bore me to tears and make me not want to ever go near it again, like GTA IV, but it's bad because it also means that I just didn't enjoy doing stupid random fuckaround stuff that made me forget about the story, like the PS2 GTAs.

Also: FUCK the Epsilon missions. Holy shit absolutely none of them are anywhere close to fun, and doing them all in one play session was probably a really bad idea.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been behind on gaming for a long-ass time, but I finally got this game and finished the story last week. Haven't gotten into the online stuff yet. Gonna bring up some stuff from earlier in the thread.

-I also went in smart and with the cheap gunman on the initial Michael jewelry heist. Same result.

-It only took me a few tries to steal the helicopter with Trevor. I just drove in to the left, and hit one of the ramps so I could land right by it. Just had to get out the car and get in the helicopter before I got gunned down.

-Lots of funny deaths, the one I remember most was inadvertently getting Franklin killed while he was trying to jump on the stolen boat.

-I absolutely sucked at flying at first, but I'm decent enough at it now. Shit, my driving ain't the greatest in the world either. I could not win that one race with Franklin, so I restarted the game.

-I also agree that Trevor is basically Agent turned up to 11.

-No surprise, but I went with Option C for the ending. I had a really hard time losing the different groups though. Especially the Triads; those cheating-ass motherfuckers kept re-spawning right behind me! In the end, I "cheated" and jumped in the water to get rid of them. Good enough.

-The most WTF mission fail was when I didn't buy the right guns and ammo for Franklin cause I wasn't paying attention.

-I really liked the mission where you went in as firefighters. But why the fuck were FIB agents there in the burning building with all that smoke?

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thanks to the +%50 experience point bonus from this weekend, I did some grinding tonight. I went from 67-80 by running "Down The Drain" with my Adder over and over again. I must have found some "repeat winner" glitch, as I pocketed 4k from every race I ran by myself. It wound up being close to 300k.

The scariest part was coming out of the game with 300,000 in unsecured GTA dollars and being on a tall bridge with three players surrounding me. I quickly quit to single player. Now, I just need 200k more before the RTSM crew has their own tank(s).

And it took me months to realize it, but I finally changed my avatar to a Dean Ambrose cosplay. I think that the new "cracking knuckles" animation makes it work.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The "High Life" update is out for the online game. It features some new suits and new high-end apartments. Most noticeable is the new Pegassi Zentorno, which is heavily based on the newish Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, which was featured on BBC's Top Gear. I'm not even a car guy, but this is quite the cool addition to the game.

300px-PegassiZentorno.jpg

But really, this update just feels like a step towards the planned "Heists" update coming later in the season. And really, the next update is what should make or break the online mode.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damn, this looks amazing.. Dated for November!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBrG2YjqQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1vOrm9SX4

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I already bought this for PS3 when it first came out, but haven't completed the story, having probably gotten about 2/3 through. I've seen some of the videos that compare the better graphics/details and show off next-gen upgrades such as the ability to populate the city with more traffic and whatnot, but are there any other key improvements?

Was thinking of trading in my older copy toward upgrading on PS4. I wouldn't mind playing through again, since I do forget some of the story anyway, and it's still a game I'll play on and off for a while just to mess around.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, I purchased my first PS4 game digitally on this. I'm confused about the download size. Originally, I was downloading a 50GB game, but then the file changed over to say 500MB or so. Was this just a compression or something I should worry about?

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
A Happy Medium said:
So, I purchased my first PS4 game digitally on this. I'm confused about the download size. Originally, I was downloading a 50GB game, but then the file changed over to say 500MB or so. Was this just a compression or something I should worry about?

Was going to ask the same thing - when I bit the bullet on it, it downloaded a patch (a bit over a gig) and had a "99+ hour" download set for the 44GB of the game. Then it shrank to about 800MB and as of this morning was a countdown clock until midnight.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Venkman said:
A Happy Medium said:

Was going to ask the same thing - when I bit the bullet on it, it downloaded a patch (a bit over a gig) and had a "99+ hour" download set for the 44GB of the game. Then it shrank to about 800MB and as of this morning was a countdown clock until midnight.

The exact same thing happened to me. I guess we're having a normal experience.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
A Happy Medium said:
Venkman said:
A Happy Medium said:

The exact same thing happened to me. I guess we're having a normal experience.

I'm guessing that is how much that will be needed to download to start playing.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
So it's been 16 hours and I'm at 67% installed. This is obviously going to take the rest of the day... but I want to watch the Savage Blu-Ray. Or something on WWEN. Or do anything else with the PS4 while I'm at home and awake. I got warned for trying to open something but it implied it would only "pause" the installation process. Does anyone know if this is true, or am I starting over from scratch if I try anything?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In my experience with PS4 games, you should be able to press the PS button and go do something else while it does it's thing.

DrVenkman PhD

Reaction score
It said it was going to suspend it, which I understand the word "suspend", but someone else asking about the install time said their daughter loaded Netflix and sent him back to 1%. I took the chance to update (and now watch) stuff on WWEN and when I checked back, no progress was lost.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It took me a couple of hours to install last night. It's annoying that they couldn't allow installation before 11 PM CST last night. But, I caught up on Lucha Underground.

I'm having some online issues. When I get online in the game, I'm always alone with my level 144. Maybe they're keeping me away from the newer players. Also, none of my new pictures have uploaded to the social site. Still, I'm enjoying the new perspective on these missions, as well playing fetch with Chop and hurling my body through things.

Mazto

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of the guys I work with got it.

Just watching him get into a fist fight with random people, then have the cops make the citizens freak out and run him over in 1st person was hilarious.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Traded in a few games to get this for half price. My eyeballs are ready.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just beat this on ps4. I chose option c at the end. I just couldn't bring myself to do a or b.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I didn't get full completion. I didn't buy any property or touch an epsilon mission, I'm not even sure how to do them.
But after the credits it takes me to Trevor who is right by home. He walks in and his mom is there.
Was I supposed to do this before the end?

So what happens if you take option a or b?

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The mom mission only happens after beating the main story (either B or C). If you take option A, Trevor dies and you can't use him anymore. Same thing with Michael in option B.

*We really don't need spoiler tags at this point do we?

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So how does the one you didn't kill react when you take a or b? I take it you don't get to go on the awesome revenge tour.