Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Grand Theft Auto V

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PC version was delayed to March 24th. System requirements (65GB HDD
whyfi8.gif
) and 4K screenshots were also posted. Rockstar Social Club is required for installation, which is no big surprise. It makes other mentions of DRM, but nothing real specific.

Also says online heists will be included at launch, with console versions receiving them before then.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52374/gtav-pc-new-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Online heists for consoles March 10. PC version delayed again to April 14. I LOL'd.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52394/gtav-updates-online-heists-coming-march-10-gtav-for-pc

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AnonymousBroccoli said:
Online heists for consoles March 10. PC version delayed again to April 14. I LOL'd.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52394/gtav-updates-online-heists-coming-march-10-gtav-for-pc

Very, very nice. I'm glad that they put a date on it, and I'm happy that I have some money and vehicles saved up on PS4.

I've been waiting to use my maxed out Granger for far, far too long.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I think I found a bug and I was wondering if anyone had the same problem (Xbox One):

As Trevor I pick up the high hitchhiker and go to the Altruist Camp. The Altruists capture me and I die in the shootout. (I know I should do better.) The game asks me if I want to retry. I select yes but I end up at the closest hospital. Shouldn't I end up at the camp again?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When you "die" in GTA games don't you always end up at a hospital when you continue? Or am I think of getting busted/going to prison?

Taxman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In storyline mode you do. Online, you respawn near your death site.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
I am having a hard time getting in to this. I feel like all I do is drive around.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
GTAV pre-load is now available through Steam and Rockstar. I think it may actually be coming out this time. :eek: Reminder that the game is roughly 60GB to download.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204657218

Steam's overall download bandwidth spiked when this was made available.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

LTA0Zef.png

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Reading about the PC release of this thing makes me wonder how people are able to play this one handed and with their video cards full of spunk.

Reaction score
Oh man, finally being able to play heists online is GLORIOUS. Hadn't touched the game in months, but me and a buddy signed on tonight for like, 8 hours or something absurd.

I also played some of the PC version; while I questioned at first why first-person was such a big deal, after playing it, I totally understand.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Picked this up last weekend and I've been playing it virtually nonstop since. My first experience with Online was running over a pair of young'uns (8-12, definitely prepubescent) who couldn't stop yelling racial slurs and commenting on the quality of their mothers' respective vaginas.

I'm actually amazed at how well written the story is. I love each of these characters and dread having to make that final choice.

My only real gripe is that Online takes for-fucking-ever to load and joining jobs/missions can be an exercise in futility. I spent 30 minutes trying to get one heist going but people kept dropping out just as it was about to start.

Any game that allows me to carry a G36 is fine in my book, though.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My first time around playing it I looked at the final choice rationally and decided that I couldn't kill Michael because I owed everything to him. The second time playing it around I realized that Michael, whilst being a mentor to Franklin is kind of lame so I went with the death wish which is infinitely more fun. I have never killed Michael but it seems like it results in a ton of people hating Frank and turning their backs on him.

Laz

Reaction score
Really been grinding out Online. Started a Crew to get some RP/cash boost and found a few people to regularly run Heists/CEO missions with.

Also, throwing Sticky Bombs onto the outside of your Insurgent (should you or a friend have one) is a great way to suicide bomb people. One on each side, drive into a mass and duck down to make yourself harder targets, and then detonate.

Laz

Reaction score
Bumped for one of the most anticipated DLC drops in the game's history.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60211/First-Details-and-Screens-for-GTA-Online-Gunrunning

While sharply dressed CEOs trade Special Cargo from lavish air conditioned suites, and leather-clad Bikers own the roadways moving illicit consumer goods; new opportunities are opening in a highly lucrative and equally malicious network hidden underground ripe for takeover by the VIPs, CEOs, and Biker bosses of Los Santos and Blaine County.

Southern San Andreas' illegal weapons trafficking industry rises to the surface in Gunrunning, a massive new update coming this June to GTA Online.

Dotted throughout Blaine County are hatches - look into these mysterious properties on the Maze Bank Foreclosure site and you’ll find sprawling underground headquarters for sale, ready to be stocked with new military grade vehicles and weapons manufacturing equipment capable of developing highly sought after offensive and defensive technologies. As the residents of Los Santos know, the only thing more fun than crime is profit and should you choose to invest in this new business, some extremely shady customers are ready to pay top dollar for what you can deliver.

Stay tuned for more on Gunrunning, including specific business and research opportunities, details on the massive tactical, full-service Mobile Operation Centers complete with new weapon upgrades and deep customization, all new Weaponized Vehicles and more.

Images spoilered for loading time.
c302ac9d4bc734059ef2c05690e9b85b835fd97f.jpg

6c1c2d14070879bbe02fc487f8e0af78660d239c.jpg

baa67f0a70e08f7bccbfaff8ccb03aec42a011db.jpg

c61d2908033f180d5f1bf5ee0240bcc1ea0383d7.jpg

064f1125e6b46f85eab11fd711153e15e79994d7.jpg

3b8ade01009945e2a56b6ca8c0905a248fe49ac2.jpg