Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Greatest Action Hero Tournament: Last Men Standing

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Both Phil Hartmand and Sinbad deliver pretty good comic performances in it but their best collaboration is Houseguest.

The worst Schwarzenegger movies involve Jim Belushi since he's in Jingle All The Way too in th scene where Arnold fights a bunch of Santas (including Big Show Santa and Verne Troyer Sanata)

Incidentally though, the action movie that Jim Belushi starred in, The Principal is actually PRETTY GOOD '80s action trash IIRC.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The start of Arnold's decline for me was from Batman & Robin right before the Governator as I don't believe he had a hit outside B&R (which has an ensemble cast and was a popular comic adaptation so it was going to make money regardless) and Terminator 3 (another popular, established series).

End of Days, Sixth Day, and Collateral Damage are all the same movie to me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would say decline starts after True Lies. Some action snobs might say after T2 since Last Action Hero still has a mixed reputation.

Holy shit. While looking it up, I saw Arnold blamed Bill Clinton being inaugurated for LAH bombing
https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/arnold-schwarzenegger-blames-bill-clinton-for-last-action-hero-failure-2017-10
Can I switch my vote to Jackie?

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
lol. Maybe don't pick Jackie if we're going to choose based on politics.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Yeah. Bad idea there. Baaaaaad idea.

And fuck it, Last Action Hero is awesome. It also gives us one of the best Arnocorps tunes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also I wouldn't vote in this tournament (or post on a professional wrestling forum...or perform stand up comedy) if I did everything based on my far left politics.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
Well, I am a supporter of communism so Jackie is alright by me.

Ready for the Woke Kamala Communism Craziness thread

OG

OG
Reaction score
Arnold by a landslide. He is action movies to me.

Sabotage could've been the last great Arnold action movie if the last 30 minutes didn't happen. The first half is legit badass and has one of Arnold's most dickish performances.

Also, The Last Stand wasn't bad amongst his post-True Lies filmography. I'd have it on par with the likes of Eraser.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hated hated hated Sabotage. His worst movie by far. It's misogynist homophobic trash with probably the two worst female written characters I've ever seen. Most of the dialogue is bros accusing each other of being gay. The shaky editing and overall look of the movie is just hard to watch. Arnold is way miscast playing a role for someone in their 40s like Mark Wahlberg or Gerard Butler. The last place Arnold should be is in a modern Bro-ey action movie. He sticks out like a sore thumb with the hilarious Macklemore haircut. The only good thing Sabotage had was this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=En0ToMGT5nQ

The scene is actually edited like that in the movie. It wasn't changed on YouTube.

Last Stand was solid though.

OG

OG
Reaction score
STUD said:
I hated hated hated Sabotage. His worst movie by far. It's misogynist homophobic trash with probably the two worst female written characters I've ever seen. Most of the dialogue is bros accusing each other of being gay. The shaky editing and overall look of the movie is just hard to watch. Arnold is way miscast playing a role for someone in their 40s like Mark Wahlberg or Gerard Butler. The last place Arnold should be is in a modern Bro-ey action movie. He sticks out like a sore thumb with the hilarious Macklemore haircut. The only good thing Sabotage had was this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=En0ToMGT5nQ

The scene is actually edited like that in the movie. It wasn't changed on YouTube.

Last Stand was solid though.
I don't disagree with your criticisms of it, the script was awful but I still defend the story (again, the first half at least) and did like Arnold in that role. No one on his team (including him) was meant to be at all likeable.

The Thread Killer

Get off my damn lawn
Reaction score
I have been going back and forth on this...but I'm going to have to give my vote to Arnold based on his body of work. It was really close for me though, because I have a ton of respect for Jackie Chan.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I wavered back and forth, but I have to go with Arnold just because I grew up on more of his stuff. Personal bias, they're both great though.