Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Guns N Roses (Including former members)

Reaction score
I'm listening to this new Slash CD and it's so sad. Some of the songs are so good that they remind me that if the real Guns N Roses got back together they could still make some amazing music.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have to check that out. I've heard good things, and am glad to see he has recovered from being criminally underused in Velvet Revolver.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I really wanted to like Velvet Revolver, but I could never get into them.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
"Chinese Democracy" isn't a real song. It isn't anything. Nothing by Guns N' Roses really is, while we're at it.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
And if you don't believe me, why don't you take it from Steve Albini, the producer of the seminal post-grunge masterpiece Razorblade Suitcase by Bush:

Some of you people like Guns 'n' Roses! Haha!

Pure shit. Completely murderable band. Every song, every moment. Deserving of murder.

At their absolute peak they were nowhere near as good as Aerosmith's Draw the Line album, which totally sucked.

C Dubya 09

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Haws Bah Gawd said:
I really wanted to like Velvet Revolver, but I could never get into them.

Yeah, I felt the same way. It was way better in concept than in execution.

Slash's autobiography is an amazing book, btw. It's all over the place and at least ten times he mentions a story but says "we'll get to that later" then forgets about it apparently. But, the stories of the excess of GnR are just fantastic.

Steve Albini can go grab Gavin's dick from Gwen and suck it for all I care.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
BUTT said:
And if you don't believe me, why don't you take it from Steve Albini, the producer of the seminal post-grunge masterpiece Razorblade Suitcase by Bush:

Pure shit. Completely murderable band. Every song, every moment. Deserving of murder.

At their absolute peak they were nowhere near as good as Aerosmith's Draw the Line album, which totally sucked.

This is one of the most offensive things I have ever read

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Appetite is better than anything Aerosmith did, including Rocks and Toys. Shit, the UYI albums are better than Draw the Line.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
BUTT said:

While he's produced a dud or two, he's also produced albums for The Pixes, Om, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Jesus Lizard, Zeni Geva, Mono, and a other bands you probably are unaware of. Plus, dude was in Big Black and Rapeman. He deserves a fucking medal for recording "Songs About Fucking."

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
Zontar: The Thing From Penis said:
he's also produced albums for The Pixes, Om, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Jesus Lizard, Zeni Geva, Mono, and a other bands you probably are unaware of.

gary floyd just put you on notice, Kreese.

Sesquipedaliantique

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Albini isn't really a producer. He's a recordist. He's said that he'll record for virually any band, including those he dislikes (because someone else might enjoy their sound). I'm sure he's not a Bush fan. He even hated Pixies at the time.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
I'm shocked that Kreese hasn't popped in to respond to gary floyd's megaburn yet. He must be shook bad.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Sorry I just don't see what the big deal is about Axl Rose. I keep reading "best of" lists that call Appetite for Destruction one of the best hard rock albums of all time. But it's awful. How can something be one of the best if it's not any good? That's a logical fallacy. What does their inexplicably large fanbase like about them? "Welcome To The Jungle" is a meathead party anthem fratboys sing at their tailgate parties, "Sweet Child o' Mine" was done better by Sheryl Crow, "Paradise City" is best known as the song from that Jennifer Love Hewitt movie about the graduation party, and "November Rain" is a Poison/Warrant power ballad unjustly awarded classic status due to its excruatiating length. GNR "fans" can't possibly like these songs; nobody could. So what is it that they like about Axl Rose? His gay nuthugger shorts? His cornrowed wig? His Hogan mustache? I'd like to hope any myths about this fatass's "talent" were put to rest when he took 18 years to make an album that has Shaq on it, but what do you expect from Cowboy Numbers?

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Yeah, well... that's just your opinion. For everyone of those type of opinions... there's like 4 people against you admiring the greatness of this truly powerhouse band.

FroGG_NeaL

WIT DA GREATEST OF EASE
Reaction score
BUTT said:
Sorry I just don't see what the big deal is about Axl Rose. I keep reading "best of" lists that call Appetite for Destruction one of the best hard rock albums of all time. But it's awful. How can something be one of the best if it's not any good? That's a logical fallacy. What does their inexplicably large fanbase like about them? "Welcome To The Jungle" is a meathead party anthem fratboys sing at their tailgate parties, "Sweet Child o' Mine" was done better by Sheryl Crow, "Paradise City" is best known as the song from that Jennifer Love Hewitt movie about the graduation party, and "November Rain" is a Poison/Warrant power ballad unjustly awarded classic status due to its excruatiating length. GNR "fans" can't possibly like these songs; nobody could. So what is it that they like about Axl Rose? His gay nuthugger shorts? His cornrowed wig? His Hogan mustache? I'd like to hope any myths about this fatass's "talent" were put to rest when he took 18 years to make an album that has Shaq on it, but what do you expect from Cowboy Numbers?

Welcome to the Jungle is about a farm boy moving to la to become a rockstar, and he gets eatin alive by the jungle, so he adapts and goes insane.

Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
BUTT said:
"Sweet Child o' Mine" was done better by Sheryl Crow

You have been automatically disqualified.

Paradise City is not best remembered for the JLH movie youre talking about, that i cant even remember the name of. I've never had that song come on and somebody relate it to a movie.

November Rain is so far beyond average 80s/90s power ballads that if you cant see it, then i'll be of no help to you.

GNR are over rated by alot of their fans, but they're still one of the best bands from the past 30 years.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don't act like you're ignorant of the fact that the JLH movie is Can't Hardly Wait. Buncha posers.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Let us not forget that after GNR broke up (thankfully), Waxl hired a shitty guitarist with long hair and made him wear a mask and bucket on his head in order to trick people into thinking it was Slash. He also hired some dude from Love Spit Love (who?) because he looked like Izzy and the bassist from the Replacements (appropriately) who he hoped to trick audiences into thinking was Duff with short hair. Also he was in the worst Dirty Harry movie.

FroGG_NeaL

WIT DA GREATEST OF EASE
Reaction score
Mattdotcom said:
Don't act like you're ignorant of the fact that the JLH movie is Can't Hardly Wait. Buncha posers.

I really didnt know. i recognise the name of the movie now that you mentioned it, but i still dont remember shit about it.

BurningPirateShipSex

BurningPirateShipSex
Reaction score
Jaxxxson Mayhem said:
BUTT said:
"Sweet Child o' Mine" was done better by Sheryl Crow

You have been automatically disqualified.

BurningPirateShipSex said:
24xlvm8.jpg

Auto-disqualified from life.