Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hades

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I fucking love this game, but I really like games that almost encourage you to suck so you get better. Addictive, voices are fun, and the music is incredible. Saved Thanksgiving.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It's worth it, especially now it's on sale. Perfect cooped up inside game.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've only had one successful run because I'm really bad at character building and spent too long trying to rush instead of plan. The bow is a garbage weapon, too.

I think we as a species need to get back into polytheism, though. So much simpler.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I just get distracted by perks without thinking ahead a lot of the time. The random levels make it worse. It's extremely fun, but when you're pretty much forced into a play style at times it's just making it make sense to myself.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
So, I've seen this game pop up a lot and a lot of the not traditional media seem to scream "you must play this". And from what I've seen it looks fun. I might be able to squeeze out a few dollars for a purchase here soon, so that'll be fun to attempt. As I suck at these types of games.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It's very worth it. I'm taking a self-imposed hiatus because otherwise I would never stop playing it.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Die and start again. Or hope you get good boons to work into your playstyle. You can swap your item at the end of each stage.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I fell back into it. Shit's addictive. Game might crack my all-time favorite list.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Been playing it a lot the last month or so. 70 escape attempts or so. Got out enough times to roll credits. Still work to do though.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've been playing it at night when I can't sleep. It's been very good times. The mere existence of the adamant rail is still silly but in the best way.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I've been playing it at night when I can't sleep. It's been very good times. The mere existence of the adamant rail is still silly but in the best way.
that’s my least favorite weapon. Not caring for the bow after doing some titan heart upgrades to it. Where you load your cast into your arrow shot. I’d rather have the cast.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The bow sucks. I think I've only gotten to Elysium with it by luck. Shooting your cast is helpful when it comes to Diyonisus or Aphrodite boons, but that's it. Rail is a joke weapon but you can build it pretty well. Got out at least once with it loaded with doom. Sword is still best to where it isn't funny, with shield right behind it.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bought this today but not sure when i'll start this. not having a lot of luck with the games I've bought lately so I don't want to start it when I'm in a bad mood and giving up quickly.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The bow sucks. I think I've only gotten to Elysium with it by luck. Shooting your cast is helpful when it comes to Diyonisus or Aphrodite boons, but that's it. Rail is a joke weapon but you can build it pretty well. Got out at least once with it loaded with doom. Sword is still best to where it isn't funny, with shield right behind it.
If you can luck info the weapon power up that let you hold button, and fire three quick shots in succession; it’s a game changer for the bow.

I’ve had had the most escapes with the fists. Repeated dash-striking with those can clear rooms quickly.

Yeah. The rail blows. I don’t like the shield either.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
finally started this although only played a little. very fun. I don't like the bow at all. Sword and Shield are cool. I'm probably going to start a new game because I was just fucking around getting a feel.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Just keep going, the fun is fucking around. The game wants you to.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
finally started this although only played a little. very fun. I don't like the bow at all. Sword and Shield are cool. I'm probably going to start a new game because I was just fucking around getting a feel.

When you can get the flurry shot upgrade; the bow is a great weapon.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I almost beat Magera on the third try after getting a couple Dadelus Hammer upgrades. Some really fun combinations in this game for sure. I'm not great at gaming so I die more than even most people probably but the game is amusing and it keeps things changing enough it doesnt get frustrating or repetitive at least so far.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Yeah it's made to just keep trying and trying, no need to restart. There's always some kind of progression and failing is a big part of the fun. Music and voice acting are great as well.

I've been doing a lot of Aphrodite-related playthroughs and I think I might finally have found one that fits. Her and Aries/Athena get shit done.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I avoid Aphrodite as much as possible.

Zeus, and Artemis give me the best builds. Athena for the dash block helps out.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Yeah Artemis is is the best addition to literally all of them. Aphrodite has worked out really well lately, though. Once I got down how her boons work, it's gotten really fun. Weakness and Seeking Shot with some Zeus/Poseidon calls is solid.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Furthest I've made it is Elysium and the miniboss fight with the Minotaur but that was pretty much luck. I'm mostly crapping out in the boss fight with the Hydra still. Unlocked the gloves and those are fun weapons.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The gloves are good for the last part of the hydra fight. You can just hit, and dash all the heads.

Valeyard

Reaction score
The only way I think I've consistently beaten Hades himself is with Artemis's help.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beaten it a few times now. I'm sure I haven't unlocked all the cutscenes or anything and that there is more to "do" but I don't have the attention span I used to. Really great game. I might come back to it in a while and do some more runs. The fists are by far my favourite.