Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hana Kimura Dead via Suicide

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://theovertimer.com/2020/05/stardom-wrestler-hana-kimura-could-be-in-danger/

Decided to post this here since I didn't know we had a specific Joshi thread and it just got bumped.

She got turned into a villian on the show by the fans after slapping someone over ruining her ring outfit. I've seen some of the show in the past and I can't imagine violence on it unless it's really changed. A raised voice is like a knockdown dragout brawl on Real World.

Really hope she'll be ok.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cauliflower Alley Club is saying that she passed away. Only 22 years old. Such a sad week for wrestling.

Edit- Now Meltz is reporting it too.

Staff member
Reaction score
Social media should never have existed. What is it actually good for anyway.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know if there'll ever be a sadder back to back wallop of wrestling deaths than this preceded by Shad Gaspard. All with an underscore of the airing of the Dark Side of the Ring on Owen Hart, wrestling's most notable senseless, needless death.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Aren't professional wrestling and social media supposed to be fun? What the hell is wrong with people!?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My god. Ypov was hyping her in chat like two weeks ago as a gem in his draft card. I watched a match he recommended and she seemed like she was really close to becoming a huge star. She had the look WWE would love and had natural talent, charisma, and ring presence at an extremely young age. The nature of this death is just disgusting and I don't even know why I continue to care about or watch any wrestling with how much disgusting behavior happens universally from the fans to the top wrestling news guy that has been writing for 40 years to retired veterans to the biggest stars today to indie workers to the owner of the biggest company. In this age of social media, it seems like at least fifty horrific or disgusting things are done or said either by fans of or people involved with wrestling every day.

This fucking year is just gonna get worse and worse. I didn't even know who Hana Kimura a month ago, but the way she was cyber bullied and that it lead to a 22 year old killing herself has left me absolutely shook and wanting to do something else with my free time than watch wrestling. This happening a few days after one of the genuinely good people in wrestling drowned while saving his son is just crazy.

RIP

Edit: I now realize the bullying came because of a reality show appearance on a show in not familiar with, but long story short I have been second guessing why I continue to follow wrestling for a while and this death doesn't help things. I imagine she was probably getting gross comments from wrestling fans regardless.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
RIP. Such a shame that a talent like hers, 2nd generation no less, had to endure such cyber bullying over a reality show situation. It also underscores how hard it is to just "ignore it" etc. when you're getting flooded by dozens of messages saying some pretty vile, hateful stuff.

I'll continue to watch wrestling because it's entertainment first & foremost but situations like hers are why I deleted my Facebook account and only keep up with Twitter mostly during the NFL Draft period and even then I've been tempted to just delete my account.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
What a fucking horrible situation and another reminder that social media and the people who use it are terrible. 22 years old. Goddamn. RIP.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
This kept me up all night. It's wrong. That's all I can think to say.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
This kept me up all night. It's wrong. That's all I can think to say.

Me too. I saw a headline right before I was about to go to bed and it really shook me up and I couldn't sleep.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's really sad that so many people don't know or don't care about he power of the words once they're able to sit behind the cloak of the internet. Social medias isn't the real world but insults and shit talk hurts there just as much (if not more) than real life.

At risk of sounding corny, I'd like to thank you guys for creating a fun positive space on the internet for my formative years and up until today. I love y'all!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jesus christ. We had a long talk about this last night in chat when we didn't realize she had died, as it related to terrace house, the culture of shaming celebrities in asia for not meeting the expected standard of behavior etc.

This is just terrible to me as someone who has battled suicidal thoughts his entire life. No one should go through this.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1265219134146691079
Maybe some good will come out of this awful tragedy.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Things get worse as rumors surface yesterday she asked to leave the show early on and was denied. You have to think if she was allowed to go, she’d still be here. She had a history that put her at risk for suicide but she would’ve avoided this inciting incident.