Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hawkeye - Disney+ Series

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Starting 11/24. Looks like a lot of fun, actually. Seen it pointed out a ton, but this does give off a bunch of Die Hard vibes.

Also, Rogers the Musical!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really happy with the Tracksuit Mafia stuff, using Ronin and how much of this is about Kate. They definitely picked some of the best Hawkeye material to crib from.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Dug the first two episodes a lot and the Kate character is great. Some of the fight scenes did run into the Marvel-esque problem of going on too long and becoming too choreographed for my liking but overall this is great stuff. The LARP scene killed me.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
3rd episode was a lot of fun. Lot of fun comedy and character development. Everything with the trick arrows was great. This is far and away the most likeable Renner has ever been. 4th episode really started laying the pieces out more with the big surprise reveal I've been waiting for. The reoccuring theme in all these shows of PTSD and being haunted by your past is very interesting.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
The intriguing thing about Hawkeye is that it serves up PTSD, with a double helping of survivor's guilt.

Also, I still can't believe that we had to put up with eleven years of Hawkeye in the MCU, before we finally got some god damned trick arrows.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is hands down the best D+ series yet. I love all of them, because i'm just an MCU fanboy, but this show is blowing me away.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I wasn’t sold after the first two episodes. Series has really picked up since then. Having a great time with it, loving the Christmas setting.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Finished it up. Great stuff and good closure on a lot of fronts. Very entertaining series overall!

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Loved the last two episodes. Yelena needs to be promoted to the main Avengers movies ASAP. Fantastic stuff with her. Always happy to see more crossovers from the Netflix shows as well. This whole series felt like it paid homage in subtle ways to classic action movies like Die Hard. I also think this was the most even of all the shows with the pacing and the finale not dropping off in anyways.