Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Heels

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Stephen Amell is doing an 8-episode drama called HEELS about husband and wife wrestling couple in Georgia. Pilot was written by someone involved with Community.

https://tvline.com/2019/08/19/stephen-amell-heels-starz-wrestling-series-cast/

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Instead of a world title, they get a piece of that AGGRO CRAG.

We're just one step closer from Amell making the fulltime switch to wrestling. Guaranteed he does an angle for the show in AEW when it's about to premiere.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
While I like Amell in general. He’s not a strong actor. Looking forward to see how this works though.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Epic for the Summer said:
Instead of a world title, they get a piece of that AGGRO CRAG.

We're just one step closer from Amell making the fulltime switch to wrestling. Guaranteed he does an angle for the show in AEW when it's about to premiere.

While it's not him showing up in AEW, it's one step closer

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1163462579525754880

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
His brother, the promotion’s tip babyface has been cast

https://deadline.com/2019/09/alexander-ludwig-cast-star-co-leadstarz-stephen-amell-wrestling-drama-series-heels-1202736137/

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's definitely great potential for a dramatic series about independent wrestling but I do NOT trust that Starz is the network to produce it.

Ah shit. Frank Sobotka dressed like a glam rock David Crosby!!!!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's going to be so many memes made out of Cody's inevitable story arc as a glowering land developer that HATES wrestling.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TSM's favorite publication The AV Club said this was a decent dramedy and CM Punk steals the show FWIW (probably not much).

rollie

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TSM's favorite publication The AV Club said this was a decent dramedy and CM Punk steals the show FWIW (probably not much).

Obv reviewers can have different tastes but AV Club tends to be pretty harsh in their reviews. A decent review from them is a p good sign

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I'll give this a shot just for Chris Bauer.
I like Chris Bauer just fine. But I don’t know if this line has ever been said before.

This looks cringy bad for me. Amell seems like he was right for a roll like Arrow, but nothing else.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey hold up! MIKE O'MALLEY is the SHOWRUNNER and LEAD VILLAIN for this!?!?

My interest is GAK BACK!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mike O'Malley killed it as a villain on Justified a while back. INTEREST IS BACK

DO DO DO DO YOU HAVE IT?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mike O'Malley's character is the owner/operator of a death match promotion. Uh, how does @Laz feel about Mike O'Malley!???

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I...like him a lot, actually. He was awesome as a villain on Justified, like @Brocklock said, and he made that generic sitcom where he was the deadbeat brother watchable. He also has a fun turn in the Good Place.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He was also briefly the quintessential NEW ENGLAND MAN during a brief period in the mid '90s after Cheers ended but before Good Will Hunting made Matt Damon & Ben Affleck superstars.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've enjoyed the first two episodes. For the most part I've been saying, "y'all need to be nicer to Crystal" and that appears to be resolving.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I enjoyed CM Punk in episode 3. He simultaneously was not CM Punk while still being CM Punk if that makes sense. The lack of tattoos was jarring. There are a LOT of great individual efforts by the cast and I can't really pinpoint my favorite.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score