Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

HEY YO TSM! WE DID IT! IT'S A STALLONE THREAD

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
What did you guys think Rocky IV was about?

anyway, most famous people are secretly republican. If you stopped consuming art because of that, you'd have to clear out a lot of your content library.

Harrison Ford is still a better action star and deserved that win though.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Ford didn't get an Oscar for telling the life story of Chuck Wepner but giving him an Italian name.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Dolly Parton wrote in her bio that while filming Rhinestone with Sly, she went to give a vagrant money or somesuch and Sly stopped her. He told her something like "Don't help that guy, we rose from nothin and he needs tomake his own way out of the gutter" (paraphrasing). Dolly told Sly to bugger off and went and helped the dude.

TLDR: Sly believes in bootstraps.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Think this clearly makes Arnold the GOAT
Nazi Dad. Serial sex predator (at least by 2021 standards).
--
I told my Mama to blow her savings so me and my brothers have nothing to fight over. I'm with Chan on making your sex trophies earn their way. I mean honestly he probably paid the kid's tuition, if you fail after being sent to third base, that's amore.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I'm with Chan on that one. If his son is capable of keeping his head above water, then he'll do it. Y'all acting like he hasn't already had tons of opportunities awarded to him because of his dad as it is.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Hey yo TSM! You can love Rocky again:

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sly has always come across as a nice guy in interviews but remember he flaunted his affair with Brigette Nielsen in front of his first wife in public and Nielsen has said he was a nightmare as a husband when *they* were married

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rocky 4 is one of my favorite mindless 80s movies, along with Red Dawn. I must've said that goofy "Boys, avenge me!" about ten thousand times in public (and upwards of a couple times someone got it). But, man, Rocky 4...just turn your head off and let it ride. This is gonna be like adding another 40 minutes to a real good, combed straight back potdope high.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was initially gonna post this to make fun of it but I would ABSOLUTELY go see an orchestra play songs from Rocky if it came to Portland. Especially if they attempted the goofy AOR from III and IV and the goofy new jack swing stuff from V.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I rented Rocky 4: recut with my buddies. All spoilers here after:

- They edited out the explosive boxing gloves!!! Minus 5 stars.
- Opening is now a long Rocky 3 montage. Apollo is the main character of the first Rocky 4 act (Can't recall if he was originally) and Drago is intro'd on TV before we ever see Rocky.
- It feels like they cut some meat out of the first arch, as the Creed/Drago fight feels like it comes much faster than I recall.
- I thought they edited out James Brown for a moment as it seems like they linger on Drago in a shadowy ring for a long time as a WCW-like edit of James Brown's song beat plays softly. Again, might be how the original was, but it felt off.
- We get an extra scene of Adrian and Rocky in the kitchen as Adrian is dead set against Apollo fighting the big ape.
- I read they gave Apollo more of a fighting chance in this edit, but he still pretty much get mauled.
- The "Drago gets more backstory to flesh out his character" thing I read about was litterally one sentence at a presser, and then he sips water.
- They definitely redid the montages. I'm pretty sure both Rocky driving around town and Rocky/Drago training comparisons had added stuff and it threw me off as I've watched those on youtube a thousand times. (And did a Brody/Derek training video to parody it)
- We get an extra 3 min scene where Rocky has to argue with boxing suits who ban him from fighting a rookie. This was covered in the original by simply throwing a newspaper headline at us.
- Rocky is knocked down and has new inter dialogue added telling himself to get up.
- A crooked Russian official tries to call the fight off after round 14 in a new scene.
- Rocky adds a line in his final speech about how his friend Apollo died which was suppose to tie into Stallone making this version more about Rocky and Apollo's bromance and not "Merica vs USSR.

As a frequent Rocky 4 viewer, this felt off. The first segment felt like it was missing....something.... and Stallone cut out light hearted moments that I didn't catch off hand (other than no robot). It really didn't seem like 42 mins of new stuff to me.
So on the Meltz scale Rocky 4: 15 out of 10 stars.
Recut: 10/10 Stallone *heart emoji*

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
35bsy6y4cld81.jpg