Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hollywood Under Fire For Sexual Assault

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Given the Weinstein stuff, apparently Selma Blair & Rachel McAdams have come out against Director James Toback now regarding sexual assault.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/selma-blair-and-rachel-mcadams-share-their-stories-of-james-toback-sexual-harassment

The group, which included Blair, worked with Los Angeles Times reporter Glenn Whipp on a story that broke on October 22, citing 38 women in total who alleged sexual harassment suffered at the hands of Toback. Since then, the number of accusers has risen to more than 200 women—including Blair and Oscar-nominated actress Rachel McAdams.

I can see more and more Directors/Big Wigs getting named to be honest.

Shooting Star

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: Directors Under Fire For Sexual Assault

Screen Junkies guy was also fired

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/09/andy-signore-honest-trailers-founder-fired-following-sexual-abuse-allegations

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Is that the big voice guy?

DMann1979

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Damaramu said:
Is that the big voice guy?

No, this was the guy who created Honest Trailers.

Though the Epic Voice Guy apparently did some douchy stuff following a girl around at a con a few years back as a prank saying lewd stuff about her on a wireless microphone. Nothing as serious as the other guy, but more in the "this is what women have to deal with and guys brush off as ok behavior" kinda deal.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score

Kevin Spacey is under fire now...
https://www.avclub.com/anthony-rapp-claims-kevin-spacey-made-a-sexual-advance-1819959859

Staff member
Reaction score

He's a pedophile so clearly he should be under a lot more than fire.

Staff member
Reaction score

The way the media is now only talking about him being gay and ignoring that he admitted to doing pedophile shit...totally fucking disgraceful.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

209 said:
The way the media is now only talking about him being gay and ignoring that he admitted to doing pedophile shit...totally fucking disgraceful.

Always been a big Spacey fan but sexually assaulting a 14 year old is gross and shouldn't be swept under the rug at all by the media.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score

209 said:

Yeah, this is some Frank Underwood shit. I'm sure this was his intent when he released that statement.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I guess Adam Blampied from Whatculture/whatever the new website is decided to take a leave of absence after he admitted that he used his status and internet celebrity to get girls to send him nude pictures. I mean I understand that sexual assault and harassment is awful and that everyone is rightfully under a microscope right now but it takes two to send nudies.
Now if he was overbearing and harassed the girls until they gave in then that's one thing but if he was like "hey what's up. You know who I am. How about some tits?" and they were like "Sure I'll send you whatever you want Mr. Internet Celebrity!" then it's another story. I never got details on how it actually went down.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Very disappointed in Spacey but he can't expect to pull shit like this and expect to get away with it no matter how long ago it was.

I'm certain that if we dig deep enough on every celebrity, we'll get a similar story on each of them.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Netflix just announced that the next season of House of Cards will be its last.

Are we really going to have to make threads for every Hollywood scum bag?

Staff member
Reaction score

No. Title changed.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

Epic Reine said:

I heard that it might have been the final season anyway. If not then it’s a shame so many people are going to lose work because of that asshole.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Epic Reine said:

I heard that it might have been the final season anyway. If not then it’s a shame so many people are going to lose work because of that asshole.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/netflix-is-reportedly-considering-house-of-cards-spinoffs.html TV gods giving us based Doug spin offs

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Epic Reine said:

Production has been suspended. This escalated very quickly.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I read that one of the guys who writes the GameChange books and works for NBC has been accused and the newest book is cancelled and NBC and msnbc fired him

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
209 said:
FUCK YES WE GET A DOUG SPINOFF OUT OF THIS

I kinda want a buddy comedy with the press secretary

Agreed but with them in an entirely different environment and something depressingly mundane like an landscape or office supply company.

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's very likely they can the sixth season and start two new series about Doug and Claire with a news story that Frank choked on a dick and died or something like that.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
209 said:
I think it's very likely they can the sixth season and start two new series about Doug and Claire with a news story that Frank choked on a dick and died or something like that.

I’d also change the name of that show, just to completely distance themselves from the Spacey show. Claire & Doug Road Trip or whatever. Frank dying with a dick is his mouth is a happy ending for him though, maybe he dies eating poisoned BBQ from Freddy.

Staff member
Reaction score
http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/jeremy-piven-sexual-harassment-entourage-1202603537/

Jeremy Piven. She says it's on tape.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Not just Hollywood as David Blaine's being accused of rape from a 2004 incident.

"The allegation was reported to police on 17 November 2016 by a woman who alleged she was raped at an address in Chelsea in June or July 2004 when she was aged 21."

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
209 said:
http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/jeremy-piven-sexual-harassment-entourage-1202603537/

Jeremy Piven. She says it's on tape.

Maybe the least shocking of all. Guy has a reputation of being a total dick. Hollywood has had it too good for too long getting away with shit. So much more is sure to come out.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
https://www.buzzfeed.com/bimadewunmi/lets-talk-about-black-women-in-hollywood-and-harvey?utm_term=.hvQ4BeKX41#.gwM4vn1P47