Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hosting an Email List

Dandy

Reaction score
Does anyone know a free (preferably) or cheap way to host an email list? I am in charge of an alumni group that is currently housed at Marshall University's server. One of the faculty is currently keeping track of the list, but plans to retire soon and we are trying to start the transition elsewhere, as none of the rest of us have access to Marshall's server due to not being faculty members. We need to be set up where any member of the group can email one address and everyone in the group will receive it. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Google Groups is great for doing this. You don't even need a Google Account to be part of it, although I suspect you'll need one to get the group itself started. I have a few different classes where I needed to make a listserv and that's what I used- you create your own name for the group and everything and then it's hosted @googlegroups.com.

groups.google.com

Now, if it's an especially large group, I don't know if it's a great option, but it's cool because you can upload files and all that as well on to a site for it.

Dandy

Reaction score
Much appreciation to both of you. This is for a thousand or less email addresses. We add to it each year, but we purge it from time to time as well.