Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

How long ago did Dunkin' Donuts rebrand to simply "Dunkin'"?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
You know this thread also has me thinking I wonder if @King Kamala posts in Current Events would have an entirely different tone if Trump offered a significant UberEats discount code

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If it makes you all feel better, the order was 45 minutes late and missing over half the items.

A Christmas Miracle for those who believe in WOKE NEW ENGLAND MAN KARMA!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They also gave me a regular Sausage Egg, and Cheese croissant instead of a Beyond Sausage, Egg, and Cheese croissant. OK NOW I'M DEFINITELY SWITCHING MY SUPPORT TO AROMA JOE'S AND I'M GOING TO PISS ON FRED THE BAKER'S GRAVE!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I don’t know if this will excited @King Kamala or not but when I was browsing ordering groceries the other night there was a coupon for some Post cereals. Apparently now Post is producing multiple flavors of Dunkin’ inspired cereal.

6+x+4+in+1_a4364eab-d722-494f-80e1-55a674246eeb-prv.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I heard universally awful reviews of these cereals even from fellow NEW ENGLAND MEN/Dunks enthusiasts. Plus I only drink unsweetened beverages from Dunks (since I've turned into a big baby RE: Sugary drinks in last five years. See Arizona Iced Tea thread) so even if I heard they were awesome, I'd only have mild to moderate interest.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
They show up at blood drives all the time, too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but them giving out free iced coffee at Paul Brown Stadium ISN'T QUINTESSENTIALLY NEW ENGLAND!

It's been discussed on Doughboys and a few other NEW ENGLAND centric podcasts but it's fucking bizarre for a NEW ENGLAND MAN in New York City for the first time to see Giants, Jets, and Yankees in local Dunkin spots/posters. It's almost like catching your parents cheating. I highly doubt @Brooklyn Zoo or @Winter Epicland have occasional stomach churning anxiety over the regional allegiance of mediocre chain coffee chains.

Last edited:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The fact the statement “NEW ENGLAND centric podcasts” even exists just goes to show there are way too many podcasts

Laz

Reaction score
All I know is my favorite podcasts are GCP, and the host is from my former home of Haverhill, MA.

NEW-NEW-NEW ENGLAND MEN.

WE'AH TAKIN' OVAH, KHED.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That is the first time I've read someone saying something unequivocally good about a donut at Dunks in a solid 20 years. Although most of the reviews of that sriracha donut that came out not long ago were "Actually a lot better than you'd think".

Stopped at a Dunks yesterday on a drive home from VDay Weekend getaway and it was a fancier new one where they had wooden tap handles for all of the cold coffee & tea beverages. BOUGEY! New extra charged iced coffee is really damn good too. Score another one for Dunks.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
We had it delivered Saturday morning and my breakfast sandwich (sausage egg and cheese so basically an egg burger) and Boston Creme donut were on point, but I had an iced mocha and I got through maybe two sips of it. Cloyingly sweet and artificial tasting. But I'm not a coffee guy so who knows.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe after I get paid this weekend. Right now I'm on a budget that budge so I don't want to live up to MILLENNIAL SPENDING HIS LAST MONEY ON SOME DANG AVOCADO TOAST stereotype (especially not for fast food avocado toast).

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I heard the toast thing yesterday, assumed it was your fault, but didn’t care enough to make the post.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just assumed they’ve always had this. Didn’t realize the DUNK was so behind the times.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was a Starbucks loyalist from 2013 to 2018, which probably disqualifies me from ever running for office in Massachusetts. If you include their ground coffee and prepackaged iced coffee that you get at the grocery store, I've probably drunk twice as much Starbucks as Dunks in my lifetime.

I'M A POSEUR!

Laz

Reaction score
Real talk: the sour dough grilled cheese w/ ham that is on the same billboard as the avocado toast is delicious