Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

HTML Issue - Thumbnail Rotated 90 Degrees Counterclockwise

Dandy

Reaction score
Any web designers or old school HTML people know a fix to this? I run my parents' lodging website and it is very, very basic. In the process of updating the interior photos of the different units, my mom took photos with her iPhone and then texted them to me. I uploaded them to the file directory of the website from my phone. Some of them have rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise for the thumbnails on the pages, but clicking on the photo to view the full-size original photo shows them correctly. When viewing the site from my phone's browser has the thumbnails rotated correctly. Chrome on a desktop/laptop has the thumbnail rotated incorrectly and the original photo correct. Explorer on a desktop/laptop has both the thumbnail and the original rotated incorrectly.

I assume this is due to the internal coding within the picture as it was taken by holding the phone a certain way. I read something about that while searching for the answer online. How I go about correcting this for the website though, I am lost.

Any ideas?

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
Is it possible to open them in Photoshop or another editor and save them again? Maybe that will correct the alignment.

Dandy

Reaction score
Maybe so. I have no such program and no knowledge of said programs but I know plenty of people who do. I will ask a friend to run it through their program(s) and upload the new file. Definitely worth a shot. Thanks.