• They are

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • You don’t know what youre talking about

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Does anyone like this band? I think they might be my most disliked musical act of all time. I find even music I don’t like to be somewhat listenable but almost every song I’ve heard from these guys makes me want to change the radio station immediately. Heart and soul is the only one I can tolerate.

I feel bad if the Huey stans are too nervous about being roasted over their love of this band but if you like them, please share.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
They perfectly encapsulate upper middle class America in the early to mid 80s. It's hard not to at least appreciate the cynicism behind the music.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The way Huey Lewis sings “Don’t need a credit card to ride this train.” Is the definitive ‘80s yuppie music moment.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They laid the soundtrack for one of my favorite movies of all time. I can't compute hate for them. "Not my thing" is an acceptable expression of dislike, but I'm astounded at out right acrimony for them. But that's the beauty of music, you don't have to like what that guy likes, as long as you do find some music somewhere that speaks to you.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For the record, the starter of this thread professed to liking Jefferson Starship's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now." I'm not stanning for Huey Lewis but that song is worse than probably any of his group's songs.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I danced the night away with the girl of my dreams to "Nothing's Going to Stop Us Now." She was a bit of a dummy, but man was she pretty.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" is more like Journey than Huey Lewis & The News.

DO ALL '80s CORPORATE ROCK ACTS SOUND THE SAME TO YOU PEOPLE!?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And I don't care what anyone says, "Heart and Soul" is a good song.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The way Huey Lewis sings “Don’t need a credit card to ride this train.” Is the definitive ‘80s yuppie music moment.
Without Back To The Future I don't know if I'd give a fuck. That's probably the biggest line in the sand for Huey.

Having done a semi-dive into Huey Lewis, I'm not unconvinced he's an ironic parody of the Eagles' solo careers.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
In elementary school, we would have gym class outdoors if the weather was nice and the teacher would play music while we did stretches. It seemed like the same three songs were played on a loop every single day: Summer of '69, Africa, and If This is It by HLATN.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I remember "We Built This City" and a lot of Jock Jams whenever my elementary school gym teacher would bring in a boombox. I would occasionally stop and do the Alex Wright Dance and get yelled at by her.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Your gym teacher was a smart person to not encourage your shenanigans.