Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hulk Hogan has lost his mind

atticus Chaos

(atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
Reaction score
-- Radaronline.com is reporting that Hulk Hogan's back problems have worsened and he's in the hospital right now trying to get the issues stabilized.

f4wonline.com

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
I came in here expecting to read Hulk Hogan died. I pretty much expect that any time this thread has popped up since October... it's just how I cope with the downfall of Hulkamania and America as a whole. :'(

atticus Chaos

Reaction score
I think we might have seen the last of Hulk in TNA. He costs a lot (he's on a pay-per-appearance deal, I believe), doesn't mean a thing for the immortal angle (Bischoff and Flair are better leaders and can at least take bumps) and even showing up and cutting a promo seems too much for him these days.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
hulkhogan.png

atticus Chaos

Reaction score
Linda's boyfriend looks exactly like a young Hulk too.

A shrink could have a field day with that family.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Icon 1 posted 01-12-2012 01:24 AM Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote According to TMZ, Hulk Hogan is having some issues, following a doctor accidentally ripping out 50 stitches from his mouth. Back in October, Hogan had dental surgery for an implant. The doctor performed a sinus graft, placing a bone in the mouth to support the implant. But when Hogan went to his cosmetic surgeon to begin the implant process, the doctor ripped out 50 stitches from the donor bone procedure.
Since that time, Hogan has been dealing with several problems. His mouth had become infected, and antibiotics were not working. Hogan also had a CAT scan done, and when he got the results, they discovered that one of his doctors left a metal tack in his mouth. Hogan had to go to the hospital last night for surgery to remove the track and to clean out the infected mess.

When asked about the procedure, Hogan stated that, "They had to drill a f**king hole in my face!". Hogan is currently at home and recovering.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hulk Hogan Sings Lady Gaga in Video to Promote Fitness | #ChallengeHulk

Linda Hogan is on the newest Celebrity Rehab spinoff about couples therapy with her boyfriend, mini Hulk circa '82. In the five or ten minutes or so of the show that I saw, she was actually sort of portrayed as a voice of reason. Of course, this isn't hard to accomplish when DMX is on the show. Poor DMX. Now that's a guy who lost his mind a while ago if he ever had it.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Its the legal equivalent of mercy killing the two ton Andre at WrestleMania 1

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TAMPA

I met Terry Bollea (a.k.a. Hulk Hogan) and restaurant partner Ben Mallah just before Christmas for a walk through what was just about to become Hogan's Beach. Taking over the Crabby Bill's space at the Best Western Bay Harbor hotel on the Courtney Campbell Parkway, this new concept would pay homage to Bollea's long career in professional wrestling, film and television while offering the public three menus.

Food and beverage director Robert Uzzillia enumerated: a 30-item sushi bar, a second indoor menu of upscale steaks and seafood, and a casual menu of Frenchy's-style Florida favorites for the patio.

Opening with a New Year's Eve party, Hogan's Beach immediately boasted huge numbers, with the tiki huts and newly laid sand thronged with party people most nights and weekends.

But at this point, the food is a train wreck and the three menus incoherently jumbled. The physical menu is a good indicator of the care currently taken: Several pages of copier paper are stapled, their only embellishment the odd spill, footprint and dog-eared corner.

Hogan's Beach opened too soon, long before any of the fundamentals were dialed in. The Best Western Bay Harbor hotel is contractually obligated to have room service and a working restaurant, but couldn't the eatery have closed as Crabby Bill's and operated for a while just as "the restaurant at the Best Western Bay Harbor hotel" before debuting Hogan's Beach with a big splash?

One night my leg was scratched by ripped vinyl in the booth. Ripped vinyl in a 4-week-old restaurant? And at four weeks, if you call the restaurant and are put on hold, the recording still gives the details about Crabby Bill's. Often there's no host at the door; servers are clueless about the food, wine and cocktail options; and managers swirl grimly around the dining room without anticipating diners' needs or heading off problems. So much is still a mess.

I'm a firm believer in cheesy fun — the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company's "run Forrest, run" signs, the erupting volcano at Margaritaville, even Medieval Times' utensil-free dining. Hogan's Beach has a cheese factor, the foyer and hallway given over exuberantly to Hulkobilia, with cases of reproduction championship belts, a wall devoted to "the body slam heard around the world" when Hulk defeated André the Giant, and loads of movie posters for regrettable cinematic efforts like 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain.

But good cheesy isn't sloppy cheesy. Restooms aren't particularly clean, and servers are likely to say things tableside like this: "Uh, your food is back in the kitchen." Yes, that's where I'd guess; does this mean I should go get it myself?

And then there's the food itself. I strongly suspect that a number of dishes are straight off the back of a Sysco truck: Pork pot stickers ($6.90), coconut shrimp ($9.50) and fried calamari ($8.90) were all perfunctory, their sauces clearly not housemade, their presentation bare bones. Far from a 30-item sushi menu, a quartet of rolls includes yawn-worthy California ($6.50) and spicy tuna ($11.90) inexpertly rolled. On my last visit I asked the waiter about the M.I.A. patio menu and he answered vaguely, "I think they're adding pizza and sliders."

Having favorably reviewed Uzzillia's projects in the past, I can only assume he's cringing at some of what is being sent out of the kitchen. To be fair, serving mahimahi tacos ($10.50) made with cheap fish or wedge salads ($6.50) with bagged bacon bits and even red onion that tasted prechopped may be the expedient, cost-conscious route for a high-volume restaurant. But "upscale" it is not.

The 12-time world champion and wrestling icon was not in evidence on any of my visits. Thus Hogan's Beach becomes more about the idea of Hulk Hogan than about the man himself. Yes, what he said to me in December is true: "In 36 years I've become so tangible to the public … We have a chance to be an international draw." But the 20,000-square-foot restaurant is at risk of becoming the kind of touristy "turn-and-burn" factory where customer satisfaction is irrelevant because of the availability of fresh faces. A serviceable meatloaf ($12.90) and a lush whiskey bread pudding ($5.50) don't go far enough to compensate for the dozen or so other dishes I ate that were unremarkable or downright poor.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Remember my androgynous long haired friend that has showed up in many of my photos? Well he was staying with me for a bit, but I couldn't handle living with him anymore (seriously he takes two hours every day to get ready) and had to ask him to leave. There's a whole backstory of him bascially being an adult child and not growing up. So what does he do after I throw him out? This:

Hulk Hogan Cuts A Promo For James