Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hulk Hogan has lost his mind

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
giphy.gif

In 20 years he'll say he won $800 million from them while preventing Trump from becoming president.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
lol at all the 'journalists' shitting on this verdict. It's a ridiculous amount of money but Gawker was in the wrong, these bitches complaining because they want the right to deceive someone and ruin whatever life they have to in order to get the story are fucking scum.

Cd3ff5oUUAArztp.jpg

Cd3e0aIUEAA7Se4.jpg

WHEN IT COMES CRASHING DOWN AND IT HURTS INSIDE

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
It'll probably get knocked down a bit on appeal, but Gawker may be seriously fucked. Deadspin and Kotaku have their merits, but I'm not shedding a tear for Gawker here at all.

Twisted Intestine

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know this is highly unlikely but with hulk and bubba settling outside of court for a very small amount... think there's any chance they could have been smart enough to be in on this together, double dipping and splitting the money gawker payed for the sex tape and hogan won in court?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Don't worry, Hulk won't get anywhere close to that amount. And even if it held up on appeal (which in won't), Gawker would declare bankruptcy before paying it (as I don't believe they are even worth that amount).

It will be years before he gets anything, and when he finally does his lawyers will end up far richer than the Hulkster. It's the beauty of suing big businesses in our country, and the cost of appeals and lawyers.

CookieMueller

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get why anyone thinks he'll see any of this money. Like a jury awarding the Goldmans $25 million in a civil case against OJ and they still haven't seen a penny. All this means is that Gawker will declare bankruptcy and fold. I'm not a lawyer so idk if he can go after any individuals from there to get anything but I would assume not.

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, he's going to get some of his money at the very least. This was an intentional tort which cannot be discharged in bankruptcy court. He owns some of those Gawker people for life.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
209 Boxing Academy said:
lol at all the 'journalists' shitting on this verdict. It's a ridiculous amount of money but Gawker was in the wrong, these bitches complaining because they want the right to deceive someone and ruin whatever life they have to in order to get the story are fucking scum.

Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus around the net. Even Hogan's biggest detractors are happy to see Gawker burn.

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently he's going to receive an even larger award in punitive damages. Lol

Also, just so you dudes know, Nick Denton was worth around $290m in 2007. Given he's personally liable for the lawsuit, he'll probably sell Gawker. So...

vkrtbaw.gif

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.gerweck.net/2016/03/21/hogan-awarded-25-1-million-more-in-punitive-damages/

After over three hours of deliberations, the 4 women and 2 men jury who last week awarded Hulk Hogan $115 million in his lawsuit against Gawker, came back with their punitive damages. The three plaintiffs were ordered to pay $25,100,000 in total damages to Hulk Hogan on top of the $115 million. Gawker received a $15 million bill, its founder Nick Denton was handed a $10 million bill and AJ Daulerio, who has zero assets and is in $27,000 debt was ordered to pay $100,000. After the verdict was read, judge Pamela Campbell ordered the sex tape sealed. Gawker will be appealing the decisions and have a good chance of paying much less from the $115 million, if anything at all. They still have to post bond which will likely end up being around $50 million until the appellate court hears the case.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/285347/hulk-hogan-car-almost-blown-up-coast-guardsmen-sex-tape/
It was uncovered this week that back in 2007, a pair of drunken Coast Guardsmen tried to blow up Hulk's car after he refused to accept a shot they bought for him at a strip club.

This seems like the kind of story Hogan would make up. Although in article, it says that Hogan claimed this happened after he beat up four Coast Guardsmen.

NEVER CHANGE HULK, YOU MAGINIFICENT PIECE OF SHIT!

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Not sure when he told this one, but I don't think I ever heard it:

WWFA/Anglo Asian Wrestling Federation
11/13/82 – Sun City, South Africa: Hulk Hogan beat Terry Funk; according to Hogan, when he went up to the promoter to get paid (the money was to be wired to his account, $70k) a bunch of guys put him in the backseat of a car, and held a gun to his head .... they told him either he goes to the air port and lives, or they give him the money and kill him --- he said the guy in the front seat would spin the barrel of the gun, and every ten minutes or so, would pull the trigger at Hogan; so they let him out at the airport, and he called Funk and told him not to ask for money or he wouldnt get out alive
From the "Hulk Hogan History" website

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I heard that story and a friend told me that Terry Funk more or less confirms it in his book FWIW (probably not much).

CBright7831

2016/17 Poster of the Year
Reaction score
Death and Taxes Magazine has obtained a 90-second clip of Hulk Hogan’s racist rant which got him into a lot of trouble last year. The clip is low quality and features portions that are redacted, but Hogan can be heard dropping the n-word several times. You can hear the clip and read a transcript below. The rant happened in one of the two Hogan/Heather Clem sex tapes that weren’t sent to Gawker.

https://soundcloud.com/death-and-taxes/hulk-hogan-n-word-rant

Hogan: I’m getting ready to cut some serious bait. [Inaudible] Brooke — my daughter, Brooke — [redacted], she jumped sides on me.

Heather Clem: Mmm-hmm.

Hogan: ‘Cause I shelled out two, three million bucks for her music, and [inaudible] I’ve done everything. fukking with him day and night on the radio like a jackass, and he’s working with me to make…make work [inaudible] when [inaudible] really should call it a day and do the shyt I did.

[Eight-second redaction]

Hogan: The son, he’s [inaudible] this black billionaire guy, Cecile. He basically did more for her in a year than anybody’s done. [Inaudible], he had one song, and after 10 months it should go to [inaudible] and [inaudible] and [inaudible]. [Inaudible sentence]. I try to be the realist, and ‘This is your option: You got a better option. [Redacted] said you can sign with [redacted].’ He’s gonna put 500 million behind [inaudible]. Right now there’s nothing else. We’re doing the best we can.

Clem: Right.

Hogan: So it gets to the point where…I dunno if Brooke was fukking the black guy’s son, or they’ve been hanging out. I caught them holding hands together on the tour. They were getting close to kind of [inaudible] the fukking [inaudible]. I’m not a double standard type of guy. I’m a racist to a point, y’know, fukking ******s, but then, when it comes to nice people and [redacted]

Clem: We all are that way.

Hogan: Yeah, cool, when it comes to nice people, you gotta…you can’t, you can’t say the…

[Two-second redaction]

Hogan: I don’t give a fukk if she [inaudible] [an eight foot tall?] basketball player.

Clem: [laughs]

Hogan: If we’re gonna fukk with ******s, let’s get a rich one!

Clem: [laughs]

Hogan: I don’t care if he’s a multi-billionaire. The thing is, now that you start doing these nasty emails…so somewhere, [inaudible] relationship, and now [inaudible] doesn’t want to talk to anybody, nanananana.”

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
How fucking stupid is "Death and Taxes magazine" to announce this so proudly? Gawker just lost their huge lawsuit for doing this exact thing.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Hulk is making an appearance at a sports expo in Pennsylvania and charging $99 for photo ops. After just winning $100+ million from Gawker, he's being hilariously ripped to shreds on social media.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wrestling fans are cheap pricks.

My best friend just paid $105 + fees & taxes to get a picture with Stan Lee. Shatner was charging $160.

Staff member
Reaction score
Hogan has not actually "won" or been paid anything from the lawsuit.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
As much crap as TNA gets, I met Hogan when I went to their Bound for Glory FanFest in 2012. I paid extra for the package that included one Hogan autograph and picture. Think it may have been $125 vs. the $75 for normal, something like that.

Well worth it. I know I talked about it here and later posted the thing on CXF but when I told Hulk I couldn't decide between getting my trading card signed or his HULK RULES album, he not only signed both for me but also gave me the 8x10s they had out for people without their own items. He was super chill.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
As crazy as Hulk is, he tends to treat his fans really well. A friend of mine is a huge Hulk fan and finally met him a year ago and said he was such a great guy. Just talking with the fans, treating them well. Many times its the company that the person works for that sets the price.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Detective Ventriloquist said:
As crazy as Hulk is, he tends to treat his fans really well. A friend of mine is a huge Hulk fan and finally met him a year ago and said he was such a great guy. Just talking with the fans, treating them well. Many times its the company that the person works for that sets the price.

My friend met him at the Beach Shop and he took a picture with him, did a video and even offered to record his missed call message.