Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hulk Hogan has lost his mind

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Sponsors should know about all this, again. Bold, risky, and fucking dumb to use him during the change to Peacock.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel terrible for Titus O'Neil that he's getting the biggest gig of his entire WWE run (and it's happening in his hometown) but he has to help rehabilitate Hulkkk's image in the process.

Valeyard

Reaction score
This is trending on twitter and people are fucking pissed. I'm so glad.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Ew34p9TWgAAUyFP

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's Wrestlemania. It's an event that even non-fans will show up to a watch party. A host is incidental. So why use Hogan, he might have been the biggest name in wrestling history, but it's 2021 and he is an outed racist. There is a very large contingent of black wrestling fans (at least the events I've attended) that should, in my opinion, vocally endorse a boycott of this event. The "independent contractors" can't raise hell about it too much b/c of the boss being crazy.

I just can't believe how tone deaf the company, the CEO, can be in 2021.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I actually don't mind SKs blog when it's the retro stuff but when all the wwe worshippers start in it's excruciating. Bob usually defends modern wwe more often than not excluding that thread

Valeyard

Reaction score
I have always valued both the opinions of Bob Barron and the Scooter Community. The former, despite his suspicious obsession with underage female celebrities and his "old fashioned" beliefs, is after all a former ombudsman. A TSM elected official. He is a voice of reason. Heil.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It's like Ralph Bellamy telling Eddie Murphy what's in a BLT.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Hogan's bio is one I never bothered to pick up, even in my hardcore days of markdom in the early 2000s. Foley's first and Austin's were the only two I cared to buy in hardcover. All other WWE-approved bios I read were borrowed from friends or purchased on Kindle for pennies.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I borrowed Hulk's second autobiography- one that came out amidst all the drama after Hogan Knows Best fell apart and it was such claptrap. He talked about outpartying John Belushi, which tbh I feel like most famous baby boomers autobiographies try to claim. A random anecdote that's burned into my memory is him talking about Brutus Beefcake's grilling skills and now I think "He could be the Barbecuer instead of the Barber, brother" whenever I see Ed Leslie.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Totally forgot Hogan has a second book. I was amazed when I remembered recently that DDP had a book in WCW's dying days!

I know we have a wrestling book thread but I do want to reiterate that Foley's first bio is still the best wrestling book ever. Jericho's first is a closer 2nd.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bret Hart's is also in the holy trinity.

Everything else seems to range from "Well that was alright." to "OMG! I've lost brain cells. Why did I read this!?"

Valeyard

Reaction score
The Rock's book soured me on most wrestling books. Last I got was Flair's and it was alright. I wish I'd gotten Gary Hart's when I had the chance.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the Rock's book right after Foley and was annoyed that half of it is in character. I borrowed Flair's from a friend and would put it in the 2nd tier of great wrestling books.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I have at least 6 Hogan bios in my Hogan shrine. Several from the 80s boom by Daniel Cohen (IIRC) and others, the mass produced ghost written Hogan bios, one with Thunderlips on the cover and one with NWO Hogan on the cover.

I am rearranging my Toy collection over the next few weekends, but plan on doing a "before" video for prosperity sake. I'll be sure to share it here.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
I won't buy any which have ghostwriters any more after the Rock, Angle, and (yes) Chyna's books felt like cash grabs. Yes, I bought all of those in high school with actual money from my first job. Rock's was at least kinda funny in spots.

One day I'll get into Bret's book if he wrote it himself. I can legitimately pick up Foley's first book after a long time and enjoy it all over again.

After not touching a wrestler's book for nearly two decades (Foley's second was the last one that was new to me) it's a bit daunting when the number of autobiographies exploded during the 2000s.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chris Jericho's is the only one I can think of that used a ghostwriter that was actually great. I've read his first three (jesus I think he just came out with his 5th or 6th) and they were all at least good but first one is up there with Bret & Foley.