Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hulk Hogan has lost his mind

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Heenan's was fine but was obviously essentially a shoot interview with the questions cut out.

Most autobiographies are ghost-written. It really depends on how involved and invested the subject is. Fred Blassie's book was heavily ghost-written, but it's very good. The Destroyer's book was so heavily ghost-written that it's in the third person. But the author got the story from Beyer and it's Beyer's life story, and that one is good as well.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I'd rather hear wrestlers BS about their careers than watch them streaming on Twitch.

The UFC story is funnier in my head since Greg Gagne has his story about how Verne was going to do an MMA league in 1993 with Couture and Liddell. So Verne would have been booking Hogan once again.

Wasn’t the claim that there was some kind of press conference, or talking panel where they discussed something like the UFC. But the dastardly Randy, and Chuck were there listening, and ran off to Dana White with the idea… years before any of those men were involved with the UFC?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Greg also claimed Tribune Media wanted to syndicate AWA in like 1989/1990 and Hulk Hogan wanted to rejoin them to make up for leaving them in 1983 but deal fell through and company went out of business.

I'm sure Hogan spent a lot of sleepless nights after he sold out arenas with Macho Man, feeling guilty about how he treated Verne and wishing he could wrestle Larry Zbyszko.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hogan has told the Tatsumi Fujinami story a couple times in the past; it's on his first DVD that came out circa 2003. I think he told it in slightly more detail on Jericho's podcast when it first started.

What I get from Hogan's tale is that the WWF and New Japan had a working agreement that was about to end after a tour in...1984, I think? Hogan's title defense against Fujinami took place on the final night of said tour. Sounded to me like Vince got in Hogan's ear and wound him up expecting a shootfight with Fujinami. They weren't going to be doing business with New Japan anymore, so Hogan had better not drop the belt and so on. Nothing happened and it was business as usual.

Apparently this was also the night where Hogan finally earned Andre the Giant's respect for not asking for his backup and handling the match by himself.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Verne and Greg meeting Dana White, Chuck, and Couture is an all time great story. I don't like Greg one bit but his bullshit shoots are the best. I'll always have this vision of old man Verne vs Royce.

Those Hogan/Fujinami matches were probably really good. All those elements make it sound like intentional or not Hogan worked snug and busted his ass to keep up with Fujinami just in case. By the same token that also sounds like Hogan modified the story to fit the Andre narrative for WM3 because it's a way better story.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I've heard that Andre story a couple times. I don't know if I can put that solely on Hogan.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Will Bix discuss how much shit Johnny Valentine could fit in a bed frame?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I blame AEW because there was a rumor that they might've been bringing in Ric Flair to do something.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's deflecting/projecting in vain. If he points and gawks at other wrestler's poor fortunes, he probably thinks people won't notice that he looks like a gaudier, cleaned up version of the Cryptkeeper.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
His old buddy Mulligan seemed to be his favorite target. "Blackjack's over 400 lbs!" like every week. Meanwhile on line 2, Conrad cringed a bit as his chair groaned under his girth.
I’ve made notes, and picks for my deathpool based on his podcast gossip.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Has Hogan's bullshit just now become a big running gag or have I not been paying attention? Because it seems like all of a sudden there's an influx of Hogan bullshit appreciation/vitriol.