Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Hulk Hogan has lost his mind

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought I pasted the link under that: http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/hulk-hogan-njpw-wrestle-kingdom/

Originally via Sports Illustrated.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=116274

Hogan and WWE have been talking apparently.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
You limit him to the network as a host and talking head, I'm fine. Him talking on the Andre doc probably why they want him anyway.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want to see Hogan at all and I don't really see any value to him especially when you consider possible sponsor blowback.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm ok with Hogan never appearing on TV again but they should feel comfortable talking about him and acknowledging his accolades and impact on the business in the right context.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
QaddafiWasMurdered said:
I don't want to see Hogan at all and I don't really see any value to him especially when you consider possible sponsor blowback.
I don't care about sponsors, but I agree with this. Dude is on the wrong side of history and just needs to fade away.

Dandy

Reaction score
I feel that Hogan should be given another chance. I detest the racial slur he was caught using and I will never defend him for saying that. I also feel like he was never the best person anyway, so I am not even defending his overall character. But Mark Henry has gone on record of saying that an apology to the boys is all it would take in his eyes for him to be welcomed back among the boys.

Furthermore, we have Steve Austin that has all but been confirmed as a wife beater; we have some very despicable people from the history of this industry that are still in favor or have their shady actions ignored. It is as if Hogan is being given the Benoit and Snuka treatment. If we ostracize and omit everyone who has made a terrible mistake and/or is a shit human being, the shows would be a lot lighter and the history of the WWF/WWE is going to be condensed quite a bit.

Hogan should not be a permanent television fixture. He should have no recurring role on television either. But it is asinine to ignore his achievements in recaps or to not mention his name. He should make the occasional appearance like at the Hall of Fame ceremonies and Wrestlemania weekends; Network shows where he is discussing certain eras or certain wrestlers; in video clips to show history on television; and the extremely rare appearance on live television.

I see nothing wrong with that if the wrestlers currently associated with WWE are given a sincere apology and he does not continue to use racist verbiage.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
He doesn't have a sincere bone in his body though. He's offered nothing but lame excuses. Also guys like Big E seemed a lot more upset by Hogan than Henry was.

Hogan isn't totally omitted from history. He's already in the Andre doc that's coming on soon. There's nothing to gain from bringing him in. He can't work, he can't really cut promos anymore because he's so scattered, huge segments of the population hate him, and he's liable to spout off at any time with something stupid (like he did last year on twitter during the floods in the south).

Most wrestlers scummy shit happened before the internet gave people such an easy way to make their voices heard. Even with Steve Austin the internet was nowhere near as powerful as it is now. If Austin was arrested for that shit now he'd be anathema.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
It's also about more than just how the wrestlers feel about hogan being a racist but the viewers since a huge portion of the audience are minorities now, more than ever supposedly.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm also super disgusted by the lame apology he gave out. He only apologized because he got caught. He's only "not racist anymore" because he got caught. Fuck him.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
All I was saying is the minimum if they do bring him back. I can take the talking head shit or hosting some yearly best of WM show or something, but I have no real desire to see him. I didn't last time he was around. Come to think of it the last time I cared one way or another was the Shawn match. But I still think they only care now because of the Andre doc and him being prominently featured in the ads.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
As the Ultimate Social Justice Warrior on this board, I think Hogan should be sentenced to death and removed from the WWE and WON Hall of Fames.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mark Henry: “It doesn’t mean that everything he’s done is forgiven, you just gotta pick the good from the bad, see how you can help the situation. I sit on the chair of the delegation and they’re not ready. I’ve had many talks, I mean with dozens of guys. The consensus is there’s a lot of work to be done to heal that wound and fix that wall. The delegation is pretty much all of the more established African-American wrestlers in the country and in the world for that matter. There’s not a wrestling promotion that doesn’t house someone from the delegation. It’s gonna have to be more community service and outside work. Support for programs, even create a program that deals with diversity in the workplace. I’m very rarely shocked, but in that case, I don’t know if I’m ready. I think there’s a lot to be done.”

source: Busted Open & Wrestling Inc. // http://www.gerweck.net/2018/03/27/henry-may-not-be-ready-for-hulk-hogan-to-return-to-wwe/

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
God he is the worst, fucking taking Macho Man and Piper and Dusty and this scum lives. Only Love BL.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
They should make him a surprise entrant in the Rumble, but when he comes in there are only black wrestlers in the ring. There is a moment of realization before they team up and dump him immediately LIRL other than racists who wouldn't want to see that?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Please include Virgil in this so Hogan can plead “I got black friends!” as Virgil shakes his head at him while New Day throw him out.