Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

I'D RATHER DIE WITH MY BALLS AND DIGNITY: The 2020 Indy Wrestling Compendium

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Classic Kamala Indy thread triple post

But this article goes in depth on talking about Shlak’s past associations with Neo Nazis (and rape rock bands!?)

it kind of agrees with my viewpoint that he is not necessarily a Nazi but someone who at one point was way too comfortable around Neo Nazis and doesn’t seem especially apologetic about it. His love of rape humor might be even worse is cause he was still into that less than five years ago!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chris Dickininson said him and Joey Janela Vs The Great Muta and Kris Statlander was going to be one of the main events of Joey Janela's Spring Break 4 o_O:(:(

• Wow
Reactions: Laz

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Amazing that they were able to get such a huge international superstar in the middle of a pandemic.

This show, the parts I've seen so far, have been so fucking good. GCW just keeps putting on great shows. I have some matches to catch up on since I was putting my daughter to bed during some of it.

ACH vs Tre Lemar is fucking amazing.
Alex Zayne vs Blake Christian tore the roof of the place, if it had a roof.
AJ Gray (making his deathmatch debut) vs Alex Colon is in the running for best deathmatch of the year

There was a HUGE surprise after the Janela vs Yashihito match, too. GCW just seems to do almost everything right (whatever your opinion of Shlak is).

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
ICW Milwaukee had their Insane 8 deathmatch tournament today. It was an outdoors show with no social distancing and no masks. Everything GCW has done to show people how to properly run shows, and all these other companies are ruining it for everyone else. On top of that, it was the worst commentary I've ever heard. They didn't know what any of the weapons were called, and made mentions of Trump, Pence, and the Kenosha shooter. One of the commentators yelled for one of the wrestlers to slit his throat at one point.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And Wrestling Twitter is all divided about this weekend since Indiana is a state where COVID numbers are increasing. GCW and Black Label Pro have both put on successful, socially distanced shows. I get both sides of the argument. I know even socially distanced shows (even outdoor ones) are far from risk free and it seems like a NOT GREAT IDEA for hundreds of wrestling fans to gather for an entire weekend. But I feel like the accusatory finger should be pointed at bigger people than GCW and Black Label Pro over promotions feeling the need to go back to shows.

In a perfect world, I think we'd be able to support wrestlers without them having to go back to work in the middle of a global pandemic but this isn't that world.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sgt. Slaughter did a guest shot for USWA in September '92, challenging Eddie Gilbert for the USWA World Title. This was around the time Lawler signed with WWF. Maybe Slaughter helped with the process!?:oops:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
How many shows is this in total? If it's 5 or 6 I still think it's a bargain (still wouldn't buy it, though).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It is 12 shows so it'd be a good deal in pre pandemic times. Especially if Jon Moxley is still going to be there (which is obviously doubtful)

Also I looked it up and it's $50 more to attend Collective in person. I feel like a clown and a fool for sharing that tweet.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
If you go by the price of each show, $12.99-$19.99 (for JJSB and Bloodsport), that's a great deal. Plus you get $28 in credits back to use on future shows, so you're getting it, essentially, for $111.99. So $9.33 per show is a great price. You can get them individually for $130.91, and there are only 9 available to order on their own, I'm guessing the others will be added, but that'as already a better price.