Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

I'D RATHER DIE WITH MY BALLS AND DIGNITY: The 2020 Indy Wrestling Compendium

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I'm not an indy guy, but I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the MOTY thread:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lio Rush had a short “retirement” even by rasslin standards. That being said, I am pumped for JJSB4 next weekend.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I have a friend who works for HOG, so I'm able to hear a lot of "insider" stuff. Chris is, unfortunately will never get signed. He's burned too many bridges with being so vocal against higher up office staff all over. He's got a bad reputation.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but Eddie Kingston had the same problem a year ago. Never say never in wrestling.

Anyway, I was already 99.9% sure I was going to order Spring Break but this six man tag made me purchase the show. Can’t wait!

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Of course not. He'd have to tilt his head back and look up for too long to do that.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
My local wrestling store has started to have M&G again. I've been able to meet Molly and Gallows and Anderson. The owner of the store said that masks are required, which is great. There have been some people bitching since they think that wearing masks ruin the pictures because they can't show off the people they've met. The owner of the store has said it's up to the talent if they want to do pictures without masks, but they have to start on. When I met Molly, she told my daughter that she can do the picture with or without the mask, and my daughter wanted to keep the mask on (that's kind of big since she's Autistic and usually hates wearing anything extra on her body). It made me happy that my daughter chose to keep the mask on.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It takes a lot to genuinely surprise me after 26 years of fandom but I was genuinely surprised to see Anthony Greene leave Limitless Wrestling as champion. I was 99.9999999999999% sure he was going to drop it to Ashley Vox in his indy farewell match and that would have been great since they have had one of the best rivalries in the promotion’s history.

On the other hand, this is rare case where I am perfectly fine with a guy leaving the indies not putting anyone over. Anthony Greene has been Mr. Limitless since Day 1 and has done almost everything you can do for the company. If anyone deserves to leave with his head held high and his hand raised then it is him. Hope he has a great run in WWE.

Honestly, I hope Limitless waits until crowds to return to determine how they crown their next Champion. It seems virtually impossible to build a new top person in a crowd less environment (see Drew McIntyre and old heel Eric Young) They were belt-less for a long time and they don’t have to rush

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
To sort of continue me and @Big Beard Booty Daddy 's conversation on the state of tag team wrestling in 2020 from another thread...Beyond Wrestling Tournament for Tomorrow this year is going to be a one night, single elimination tag team tournament.

(that is assuming we'll still be allowed to have indy wrestling shows next month)