Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

I'D RATHER DIE WITH MY BALLS AND DIGNITY: The 2020 Indy Wrestling Compendium

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's facing my boy Kevin Blackwood. That should be a banger. I'm glad IWTV picked it up cause I've heard good things about the promotion.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought EC3 was going to do a Attitude Era WWF hardcore style brawl but he did a skewer spot. Maybe he will join 44OH!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Knowing Atticus, I'm not surprised he broke out the skewers, that's his gimmick now (he's working on an eventual match with Masada). I thought EC3 might have knocked them away, but dude took them full on, and just sat there with them in his head. I was a bit disappointed with the match as it was really quick. I'm a big 44.OH fan, so I love watching all of them work, and Atticus is one of the best up and comers around. He should be getting more time with his matches, but with EC3, he's going to come in, do some work and get the win, so it shouldn't be a surprise how this one went in the end. He still isn't good in the "ring" and is mainly a promo guy. I don't like his new character at all. This "change your narrative" stuff does nothing for me, and his promos are whatever now. Previous Impact EC3 was much better, in my opinion.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't blame EC3 for getting in and out of there quick. I'm surprised he did a show that size in first place.

That was first no ring show I watched (although I fell asleep before the end of that gauntlet. Just reminded me of @Laz talking about how a lot of death match workers are really bad.). I got to say my favorite was Kevin Blackwood-AKIRA match where they limited plunder shots. I'm sad it wasn't Lee Moriarty though cause him Vs Blackwood woulda been on a whole other level.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Really really excited for the first Limitless event since February. Obviously, I would have preferred they wait until fans return to crown the new Limitless Champion but considering they probably won’t have attended events until mid-late 2021, I get it. If it were a super established title, it would be easy to take that time off but since it’s only been around a year and a half, their decision makes sense.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess I missed this with Thanksgiving happening at all but GCW thankfully canceled their Vegas shows and is doing their year end shows at their training center without fans.

Also I feel like it was going to be an internet PPV on Fite and not on IWTV but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, I'm looking forward to tuning in next week.

Big Juicy has gone from looking for ring crew work to main eventing against @Big Beard Booty Daddy 's favorite RSP in less than three months.

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the IWTV thing, too. I ordered it on Fite, which I'm ok with either way since it'll help out GCW. I'm happy for Juicy since he's a great dude. Good for him, and he shows how to do the work and get something out of it. Went to The Collective on his own dime, without a spot, and worked ring crew, and now he's going against the world champion, in a non title match. He's a guy everyone can root for, although I'm team 44OH, his is a great story.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BOOOOOOO!

In good news, I caught up on Limitless Wrestling's The Road on IWTV. Really becoming a good little show. Like the storyline of disenchanted ex CHIKARA wrestlers being the big bad heel stable. I hope it becomes a permanent thing after the pandemic ends cause it's really a good way for them to build up an undercard (with the monthly events being PPVs).

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Speaking of Limitless, Beyond posted the Last Creature Standing match between Statlander and Vox the other night and I recently gave it a watch.

Statlander is so horribly under utilized by AEW and seeing her work heel was a pleasure. She outclassed Vox every step of the way.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
While I think Statlander is underutilized in AEW, she got hurt right before her push was supposed to start. I’m not sure her status but I assume she is due back soon.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't fault AEW for misusing Kris since she has been injured for majority of her run and it did seem like they were pushing her to be in mix for Women's Title before she got hurt.

Maybe I'm heavily biased cause she's a Beyond/Limitless person but I think she has potential to be a The Undertaker/Sting/Ultimate Warrior type character for this generation. She has a mystique and "woah" factor to her that not a lot of workers have.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
She has a lot of the same qualities that people had been heaping praise upon Velveteen Dream for as far as being young and relatively new to the business and just having a unique aura.

Let’s just hope the comparisons to Velveteen end there.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Kris is about 6 months from returning last I heard. She was on The Masked Wrestler on IWTV, which taped not too long ago, and she still had a brace on.

As a bit of trivia, she's currently dating Impact wrestler Caleb Konley.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
So, this is an amazing picture for me. We took our daughter to her second wrestling show this past weekend. Our new local company is Synergy Pro Wrestling (ICW:No Holds Barred is so different than the company that used to be our local), and it's more family friendly than most other companies around here. They have one woman on the roster on the regular, Kasey Catal (she's married to hardcore/deathmatch wrestler Brandon Kirk). We took our daughter last month and she enjoyed it, but she was so tired at times she really didn't do a lot of chanting or cheering. This show, she was wide awake from taking a nap in the car to Jersey, and she was wild all night. Kasey is her favorite wrestler, and she was going for the Synergy Cruiserweight Crown (against TJ Crawford). She ended up winning, and this was right after the match. My daughter, who is high functioning autistic, got out of her front row seat, and went right over the ring to congratulate Kasey, who blew her kisses.

127242676_10164897129915457_6272069771413245863_o.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man I've never wanted an article to be real and not satire more.

Laz

Reaction score
...that would be the only time I'd pay for TOD.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Laz

Laz

Reaction score
If it's free, it's for me! I just hope the replay will be free on YT, also, because I have no room in my budget for anything wrestling for...a while.

Laz

Reaction score
The replay is free. Outside of a few fun matches in the first half of the card and Lio Rush's entrance, though, the show was...well, if I had the extra income to spend on a wrestling promotion right now, and this was the show that was going to sway me, I'd be keeping my money.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

I don't believe she's ever really been talked about here so I'm going to proclaim myself the conductor of the Heather Monroe train!

One interesting thing about this interview is that she briefly brings up her ex, Douglas James, and calls him abusive. I don't know if he was part of #SpeakingOut but maybe he should be?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Heather is a great prospect. I've been following her for a few years since she's part of the FSW/CWFH crew. I was "friends" with Douglas James and had no idea they were dating (we were Facebook friends, and we spoke a number of times). He was mentioned by her towards the tail end of when all the names came out, but she didn't name him. She said she was in a relationship with someone who abused her, but due to being in the Vegas circle his name quickly came out. He laid low for a while before moving away and reactivating his Facebook. He posts about how he's sober now and out of wrestling, he was thinking about retiring for a while before all the shit came out.

I'm surprised Impact hasn't picked her up since she's very close with Taya. She could use another couple of years of training, and she'll be a top wrestler on the scene.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, this is an amazing picture for me. We took our daughter to her second wrestling show this past weekend. Our new local company is Synergy Pro Wrestling (ICW:No Holds Barred is so different than the company that used to be our local), and it's more family friendly than most other companies around here. They have one woman on the roster on the regular, Kasey Catal (she's married to hardcore/deathmatch wrestler Brandon Kirk). We took our daughter last month and she enjoyed it, but she was so tired at times she really didn't do a lot of chanting or cheering. This show, she was wide awake from taking a nap in the car to Jersey, and she was wild all night. Kasey is her favorite wrestler, and she was going for the Synergy Cruiserweight Crown (against TJ Crawford). She ended up winning, and this was right after the match. My daughter, who is high functioning autistic, got out of her front row seat, and went right over the ring to congratulate Kasey, who blew her kisses.

127242676_10164897129915457_6272069771413245863_o.jpg

just seeing this now but kasey is a total sweetheart of a person

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hope people turn into Limitless Wrestling's Vacationland Cup 2020 on IWTV tonight. They're crowning their third champion. First two champs (MJF and Anthony Greene/August Grey) all went on to sign major contracts not too much later and expect the same from the winner (although Acey Romero, I guess, is already with Impact).

Limitless Wrestling really has done a fantastic job of presenting safe and responsible shows and I hope independent wrestling fans show their support for their first full show of the pandemic era. :)