Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

I'D RATHER DIE WITH MY BALLS AND DIGNITY: The 2020 Indy Wrestling Compendium

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
That was a fun as hell show last night. My daughter enjoyed it, except for The Sea Stars losing. She was rooting for them because they are girls, and she'll always root for girls over boys in matches.

Before the main event started she said she wanted the guy in red shoes (Daniel Garcia), the guy in yellow and blue (Alec Price), or Tasha Steelz partner (Casanova) to win. Basically she didn't want JD Drake to win, lol. When Casanova was in there, she tells me, "He's real good, daddy." My girl knows talent! She popped big time when Cas got the win. She was going to the bathroom before heading to bed after the show and I hear her say, really loud, "I can't believe Tasha's partner won! I can't believe he won!!"

The best thing about 2020 has been my daughter becoming a full on indie wrestling fan, and I couldn't be more proud.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am heavily biased but I think it was right up there for best independent show of pandemic era. I was genuinely shocked for a second that Alec Price knocked out Acey in semi finals but it makes more sense the more you think about it.

I just wish I had been able to mark out for Casanova finally becoming champ in person but this was next best (and most currently sensible) thing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is Cassandro retiring? Otherwise, it seems a bit weird to have a tournament named after a still active talent but still v. cool and I'm sure Cassandro is honored.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I am still not sure what beef is between GCW and IWTV over The Collective but it sounds pretty dumb and will probably cause my man @Big Beard Booty Daddy a lot of undue stress

Apparently IWTV is suing over the Las Vegas show that GCW ran. They had it on YouTube, for free, and made no money on the show. They raised $15,000 in donations that all went to renting the location, and the talent on the show. IWTV is suing over something having to do with the show.

GCW also filed their own copyright over The Collective, since they’ve been using it for a few years now. That one doesn’t have to do with IWTV.

I support both GCW and IWTV. I’m a fan, and have no dog in this fight. I enjoy the product both put out, so unless something illegal happened, I’ll continue to support both.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
GCW trying to get out of a contract via Twitter is a very 2020 way to end the year in independent wrestling tbh.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Hasn't GCW come under fire from other promoters before for similar issues (breaking deals)? I know there's a lot of heat between GCW and CZW, but I also know most of that stems from DJ Hyde being a colossal idiot.