Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Impact Wrestling in Spring-Fall 2021: Not just an AEW Farm Team! We've got NJPW guys now too!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, that's a p. cool idea. I feel like that's something the promotions running taped fanless shows should have been doing all along. "one of the titles will change but we aren't going to tell you which one!"

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
About as often as that Twitter user looks in the mirror and realizes they, themselves, are the mark.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can never remember which members of wrestling Twitter are problematic so I guess I should just assume it's all of them.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jordynne Grace is resigning with Impact for a multi year deal and announced she is going to have a monthly column in Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

DOUKI is @Laz preemptively striking me before I make any other comments about the lovely and strong Ms. Grace

B29E7A7A-B5AD-4403-94D1-A24F48FF6220.jpeg

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cards that don't warrant a thread. I actually plan on watching this too, albeit not live but sometime early next week! I'm going to see a movie for the first time in 16 months Saturday night. Seeing Bob Odenkirk wreck motherfuckers in its last week in theaters overrides second tier Impact PPVs.

And yet still, I got to say, whatever you think of the AEW/NJPW crossovers. The lineups for these Impact Plus specials really have gotten to be PPV level in the last few months. We can complain that AEW's barely mentioned Impact but Omega's shown up a lot more on Impact than I expected him too.

Impact Wrestling Under Siege
May 15th, 2021
From Gateway Studios in Nashville, Tennessee

Six Way Match to determine the #1 Contender for the Impact World Title

Chris Bey Vs Matt Cardona Vs Sami Callihan Vs Trey Miguel Vs Moose Vs Chris Sabin

Six Man Tag Team Match
The Elite (Kenny Omega and The Good Brothers) (with Don Callis) Vs Eddie Edwards and FinJuice

Impact Knockouts Tag Team Titles Match
Jordynne Grace & Rachel Ellering (c) Vs Fire N Flava

Impact X Division Title Match
Josh Alexander (c) Vs El Phantasmo

Impact Knockouts Title Match
Deonna Purrazzo (c) Vs Havok

Willie Mack Vs W. Morrissey (with Eric Young)

Black Taurus Vs Brian Myers

Fatal Fourway to determine the #1 Contenders for the Impact World Tag Team Titles
Ace Austin & Madman Fulton Vs XXXL Vs Rohit Raju and Shera Vs Petey Williams and TJP

Taylor Wilde and Tennille Dashwood (with Kaleb with a K) Vs Kimber Lee and Susan

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
So, Impact Wrestling is really running a storyline where Jordynne Grace, aka former Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace, is being made to question whether or not she's the "weak link" in a tag team, where the other half of the team is a woman that got to the company last month? What part of the game is this?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
They did a similar story with Nevaeh before they let her contract run out and didn’t re-sign her. I think this was filmed before she signed her new deal, so this could be their way to write off talent now, but since she re-signed either she’ll have change of heart in story, or turn heel, which would be a really bad idea.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Impact deserves some more Forbidden Door so I hope they get something good happening. Anything. Fale.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Impact deserves some more Forbidden Door so I hope they get something good happening. Anything. Fale.

They have Kojima showing up on Thursday. I’d say that’s infinitely better than Fale. They’ve had FinJuice, ELP, and now Kojima. I really like this for them. Certainly once things get better, getting even bigger names would be amazing, but for the talent that can be sent over, those are some solid names.

Valeyard

Reaction score
No one is bigger than Fale. He's the best.

Kojima is a really good get for them. If I thought he'd ever come back they could get Okada to drive his car.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh the hilarity if by the time they get to the regular Impact the score is like 6-2 with three minutes left and the final score is somehow 10-2, but how they got to that score was awesome, dawg

Laz

Reaction score
Iron Man matches are inherently inferior to regular matches. Fight me.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Iron Man matches are inherently inferior to regular matches. Fight me.

I will say it would be hilarious if one time RAW or SD opened with a clock in the corner with 12:37 remaining and a scorecard showing, like, 3-2 and Sheamus and Ricochet going at it and them just pretending the two of them got in some kind of fight backstage and couldn't wait for the show to start to beat each other up.

I know this really only works without crowds but it's also something I could actually see them doing.

Laz

Reaction score
I feel like that's been done before, with a match starting "before" Raw, with the 15/10-minute commercial spot before the show having JR Yell about how they "couldn't wait for the start of the show" and the cold open was the finishing stretch. Can somebody confirm?

Valeyard

Reaction score
Iron Man shit is fine every few years. It's just super rare I'm invested. Nothing a long two out of three falls can't accomplish without any of the obvious stalling for time though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I barely like Iron Man matches as blowoffs to long feuds. As a match between two midcarders who have had a two week rivalry? Idk if I have any serious interest but Impact is really hyping it hard. Fact that TJP is in it negates a lot of my interest.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A small amount of fans will be allowed to attend Slammiversary.

If someone had told me a year ago that Impact would be last promotion to welcome back fans, I would have laughed in your face.