Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Impact Wrestling is still Hard to Kill

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This Saturday night is the most important Impact Wrestling PPV since...probably AJ Styles left the company? Maybe as far back as the first year of Hogan/Bischoff running the show. I can't say this is a make or break show since Impact Wrestling really IS hard to kill but I think this show could determine if Impact Wrestling is once again a viable, interesting promotion on the rise or if it's just another tertiary promotion just trying to hang in there.

Impact Wrestling Hard to Kill
January 16th, 2021
Live from Skyway Studios in Nashville, Tennessee
Announcers: Matt Striker and D Lo Brown

Six Man Tag

Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers Vs Rich Swann, Moose, and Chris Sabin

Impact Knockouts Tag Team Titles Tournament Final
Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz Vs Hakov and Nevaeh

Barbed Wire Massacre
Eddie Edwards Vs Sami Callihan

Triple Threat Match for the Impact X Division Championship
Manik (c) Vs Chris Bey Vs Rohit Raju

Impact Knockouts Title Match
Deonna Purrazzo (c) Vs Taya Valkyrie

Old School Rules Six Man Tag
Eric Young, Joe Doering, and Deaner Vs Cousin Jake, Rhino, and Tommy Dreamer

The Karate Man Vs Ethan Page

Intergender Tag Team Match
Tenille Dashwood & Kaleb With A K Vs Rosemary & Crazzy Steve

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I bought the show (as I have ever since Chris was signed. Gotta support my buddy). This show looks sold on paper, and could have some very good matches. I've very interested to see what they do for Karate Man vs Ethan Page. I love that they dove into that feud.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm afraid that they're depending a lot on top three matches delivering. Is there really a need for MULTIPLE comedy matches (although I think The Karate Man Vs Ethan Page might appeal to BTE fans) and yet another ECW style plunder brawl on their most important show in years? Granted, it's kind of tricky to build an entire 8 match card so soon after the holidays and roster is still somewhat small but you'd have to think they could do SOMETHING better.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Is there really a need for MULTIPLE comedy matches (although I think The Karate Man Vs Ethan Page might appeal to BTE fans) and yet another ECW style plunder brawl on their most important show in years?
There's no reason for any "major" promotion to have more than one comedy match on a card, period, but plunder matches are always welcomed by me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I should always remember you, @Laz when I ask myself "Does anybody really want to see a Tommy Dreamer match in 2021?"

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I mean, he's had a solid 30 year career off of primarily wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, sooooooo...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As much as we make fun of him, he was at Limitless a few times in 2019 and the fans genuinely loved him. And jaded heel smark Kamala isn't too proud to admit he popped when he walked out to "Man in the Box".

Reactions: Laz

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought Team Impact was going to pull off the (mild?) upset in main event with Rich Swann pinning one of the Good Brothers but now that Shelley is out, I think The Elite wins after shenanigans/team miscommunication that helps further the Moose/Rich Swann storyline

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
3l1dsq.jpg

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Honestly, Zack Ryder being in Impact makes way more sense to me than AEW. The problem is pushing both him and Meyers as singles stars. Should have just tagged up.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Honestly, Zack Ryder being in Impact makes way more sense to me than AEW. The problem is pushing both him and Meyers as singles stars. Should have just tagged up.
They want to try their hand at singles and I think they’ve earned it at this point. Their last tag run they didn’t coordinate gear or anything at all, which I typically hate, personally.

I think they assumed Cardona was a lock in AEW because he’s super close with Cody but it was weird. He got a couple t-shirts and all were top sellers but they didn’t do much with him and his five match deal went by. I really didn’t know how they could bring back him at this point.

I do think in modern Impact that Cardona could potentially finally get his shot at a top guy. It’s funny because on their podcast the past few weeks, Myers has been making fun of Cardona and calling him retired. Cardona had made a comment about putting him in touch with D’Amore, so I was expecting this soon.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
They want to try their hand at singles and I think they’ve earned it at this point. Their last tag run they didn’t coordinate gear or anything at all, which I typically hate, personally.

I think they assumed Cardona was a lock in AEW because he’s super close with Cody but it was weird. He got a couple t-shirts and all were top sellers but they didn’t do much with him and his five match deal went by. I really didn’t know how they could bring back him at this point.

I do think in modern Impact that Cardona could potentially finally get his shot at a top guy. It’s funny because on their podcast the past few weeks, Myers has been making fun of Cardona and calling him retired. Cardona had made a comment about putting him in touch with D’Amore, so I was expecting this soon.

I'll tell you a secret about that. Literally anyone could walk into AEW, put out a shirt, and it'd be a top seller. I'm part of the PWT VIP group, and you'd think you were in an AEW fan group. They buy everything that AEW puts out, no matter which wrestler it's for. Not taking anything away from Matt, but when they dropped the first shirt and posted about it in the group, there was close to 100 comments within the first 30 minutes of people mentioning they bought the shirt.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's just staggering how little interest there is for this show on my Twitter feed. I kind of lost when they announced Shelley was out but I'm amazed that no one is talking about it.

Of course, WWE conveniently and randomly announced the next three WrestleManias locations on a Saturday night probably to divert casual fans attention.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm just glad my prediction of Tasha and Kiera coming out on top was correct.

I didn't see the match but from the brief clip I saw, it looked like they pussed out on Barbed Wire Massacre. Rather than using barbed wire instead of ring ropes, they just set up random sets of BW around the ring.

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It's just staggering how little interest there is for this show on my Twitter feed. I kind of lost when they announced Shelley was out but I'm amazed that no one is talking about it.

Of course, WWE conveniently and randomly announced the next three WrestleManias locations on a Saturday night probably to divert casual fans attention.

I know most of my TL were watching the No Peace show on IWTV. I went with that one since IWTV can be a bit slow to upload shows to on demand, and I'll watch this show Sunday. I did see the main event, and it was fanatic. It's too bad Moose is a piece of shit, because he was tremendous.

Regarding the barbed wire, it can take a very long time to take down the ropes and put the barbed wire up. And with the 6 man being the main event, they would have had to pre tape the match, and I doubt they wanted to do that. They would have at least 30-60 minutes for the setup to no ropes, and then getting the ropes back on.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Zack Ryder debuting getting a bigger online reaction than a Kenny Omega main event in 2021 is so Impact.

How long is Omega around? Because it sure feels like this is some insanely wasted potential for everyone.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Review of the show I read implied this was his last appearance, at least for a while, so yes...

THIS. IS. IMPACT.

Valeyard

Reaction score
If he's leaving now and not even getting a singles ppv main event, that's even worse that the Bullet Crutch booking. I will always root for them but this is the worst booking there's been in ages.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
The artwork for the next Impact PPV had the Omega symbol on it (inside a star, but not a golden star ), so it's a safe bet that he'll be back. We might see more with Impact wrestlers showing up on AEW now

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mentioned it earlier but I'm half hoping/half expecting they'll save the big one on one AEW Vs Impact matches for later in the year when some fans are allowed to get back into the building

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
From the desk of Ethan Page

From the afterlife

I’m going to take a full blown break from social media. I’ll be staying active on my personal Patreon as much as I can & probably in this group too cuz I love the fig life & u guys. Xoxox. But man .... last night sucked. I’m so embarrassed with how IMPACT! lazily edited that segment last night & forced it to be a joke. I felt the thought of the same guys fighting eachother was comedy enough & the more serious we took it the better the reaction would be. But cuz I left the company, they lied to my face & just did what they wanted the whole time. I’m sorry if any of my fans paid for that PPV & felt cheated. I honestly feel the free version I gave away was made with more love, care & attention to detail. Sadly I had no control over the creative or the final product & the editor refused to send it to me before hand .... so I saw it live with you guys & was surrounded by family. All scratching their heads at that high school project level delivery on a PPV. I pray ppl know I didnt edit that hot garbage. I actually begged IMPACT! Not to even have Karate man on tv. I only wanted it for my YouTube channel. But ... we don’t write the shows. We just get the scripts & do our best. Idk what else to say. Breaks my heart this company refuses to respect its talent or it’s fan base on a regularly basis. I tried. Oh well! Life goes on. That door is closed. Now let’s focus on what’s next. Hope you’re all well. I love all of you for supporting me & helping promote my projects. Because without you guys, karate man wouldn’t have been anything haha. I’m gonna just focus on the good that came of him for my social media & my personal channels. He’s gone now & May he live on in GOOD videos edited by the person who created him. Not stolen by a greedy company trying to capitalize on someone else’s hard work & creativity. Sorry if this comes off so negative. I know I’m usually a positive light for my fans ... but today, I need to just be honest. I was lied to. I was hurt. I was disrespected. And I need a break from it all.

Love Julian

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
C'mon, @Laz ! You got to be pretty happy that Dreamer's knees are in good enough shape to drop it low like that at least, right?

Valeyard

Reaction score
I like Dreamer very much, but he never seems to go away long enough to miss him and it gets sad.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also apparently Matt Cardona doesn't have a contract with Impact Wrestling.

Erm, at least he didn't go over Ace Austin cleanly?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Cardona wants to work the indies when they reopen. He supposedly has ideas he wants to do with the Internet Championship, which he had a new version made of. But Impact lets the other guys take outside bookings, so who knows. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cardona does wind up back with AEW eventually, especially if they do get a second show but it is way too bloated now. Impact is probably the best place for him to have a chance at being a “top guy”. I‘ve liked him well enough in the past but I can’t see him in the mix even with ROH with guys like Rush working the top. Wouldn‘t blink with him competitive with the Impact top guys.