Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Impact Wrestling Winter/Spring 2020-21: Swann Diving Into a New Era

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
View attachment 305
tag team from Rhode Island that has been Shimmer tag champions
They are both stars in Limitless here in Maine. Ashley Vox is one of my favorite wrestlers on the independent and seems like a really great person too. Delmi Exo is a more recent addition (Ashley predominantly works as singles in the Maine territory ) but also seems great. Massively psyched for them to get this opportunity to compete on national TV.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
That tournament is really stacked. I love that they are bringing people in from outside of the company. Killer Kelly and Sea Stars are great additions. Would have been dope to see Bird and the Bee, but can't have everyone.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Ashley Vox is very, very solid. Watched a few matches with her vs. Solo Darling and was thoroughly entertained.

Delmi looks like she's from RI lol

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Just getting to this week’s show now and was trying to figure out the wall behind Fallah Bahh with random Tennessee Titans pictures including a shot of The Rock circa the Attitude Era wearing a Titans 99 jersey.

Also I guess James Storm only works PPV, since he was on Bound for Glory and Turning Point but I do not recall seeing him or having him referenced on Impact.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Given that it was just a cameo in their Royal Rumble knockoff, I think there's a 50/50 chance that it was just a one off surprise appearance. James Storm still seems too young to be making "Legends" appearances which probably explains the confusion here.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I finished watching this week’s show and they did do a segment where Sabin asked him to team with him in a bar.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Looks like a temporary Beer Guns (or was it Gun Money? I can't remember) reunion while Shelley is injured. Best use of Storm at this moment, honestly.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Real talk: James Storm and Billy Gunn should've teamed at one point.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Other notable thing from Turning Point:

- Deonna Purrazzo regained the Knockouts Title
- Gallows & Anderson won the tag titles
- JOE DOERING DEBUTED!?!?!?
- Daivari returned!

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am actually super excited to have Sea Stars in this tournament. I'd love to see them advance and get Deonna and Kimber in the semis.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I assumed they were going to run with Deonna and Kimber but now that Deonna has the main belt back, I say they go elsewhere. I guess I’d have to make Taya/Rosemary the favorites now with outside chance of Grace and her partner, unless they are just bringing in someone who will split from her and feud.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm actually rooting for Tasha and Kiera in this one. They've been a solid duo and Kiera deserves something for busting her ass in Impact for the last 2-3 years.

This has been my pick since they announced the titles. Give it to them, and have Taya/Rosemary chase them. The 2 teams have been feuding for a while, so it makes sense.

Joe Doering debuting got big buzz on Twitter (at least from the wrestlers/fans I follow).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joe Doering signing seems random as hell. @cobainwasmurdered and @Slayer know more about him but I'm guessing he just wants an easier workload while maintaining ability to go to Japan whenever.

Speaking of which, I thought The Good Brothers were going to NJPW once they were able to. Lord knows that NJPW's tag team division needs the help but it seems like a weird sign that Impact is signing All Japan's biggest gaijin.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
I was legit shocked at the Doerring appearance, interesting pick to bring in. I like the pairing with Eric Young, and honestly I thought (and maybe it still will happen) that Shamrock and Callihan was going to join up with EY. Could be a solid heel faction, if so.

Watched Turning Point last night on a delay (god bless the Watch Wrestling/Wrestling Network sites) and as far as notable happenings, it was good, but the in-ring didn't really draw me in. I think its the effect that they tape all of this stuff so much ahead of time that the workers get burned out in-ring wise, and also its very rare we get a really uniquely great match outside of the live ppvs.

Both title switches made sense. Arguably, Deonna should have never lost the title but this match actually made her look stronger than she has looked since the Ironwoman match with Grace. I'm guessing Good Brothers are staying back from New Japan until maybe January? New Years Dash perhaps? Will they go Bullet Club again?

This women's tag tourney looks impressive though on paper with the new talent being brought in.

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
Joe Doering signing seems random as hell. @cobainwasmurdered and @Slayer know more about him but I'm guessing he just wants an easier workload while maintaining ability to go to Japan whenever.

Speaking of which, I thought The Good Brothers were going to NJPW once they were able to. Lord knows that NJPW's tag team division needs the help but it seems like a weird sign that Impact is signing All Japan's biggest gaijin.
Doering's been out of AJPW since last year, with his last appearances being from their round-robin tag tourney last December. After seeing pics of him from last night, damn, he's def been put his 2020 downtime to good use and looking great (fully shaven Eric Young OTOH, not so much). In All Japan he was the current-gen reincarnation of Stan Hansen, both in character and in beefy hoss goodness. This won't get me to watch Impact but I am curious to whether he will maintain that persona or go in a different direction stateside

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
really happy for Doering. I'm a big fan and agree with Slayer's comments on him. I'd say he's on the downside of his career as far as "inring quality" but he's done some really great work.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I didn't even know Doering was still wrestling. I thought he retired due to a big illness or injury.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Watching this week’s show. I still enjoy Johnny Swinger more than I probably should and Alisha is still a guilty pleasure of mine.

Based on Jordannye Grace’s phone call, I think she may be teaming with Tara/Victoria. I had been thinking they’d probably bring back someone like ODB but I would not have guessed Tara, if it’s her. And if it is, we need to get @HarleyQuinn in the IMPACT ZONE

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I posted too early. Now I’m patting myself on the back because I wondered if they were going to have TJP beat Rohit as Manik and they spelled it out clearly this week.