Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Impact Wrestling Winter/Spring 2020-21: Swann Diving Into a New Era

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh shit how long has Cody Deaner been back in impact?! Him, Brodie Lee and Pepper Parks (The Blade) worked the indies here in Rochester 12-15 years ago and I loved when Deaner was brought in with ODB in TNA.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Impact running a Best of show tonight, which is fine. Showing some of the PPV matches I missed out on this year.

But man, oh man, that Deonna-Jordaynne IronWoman match had maybe the most ridiculous sell of a bump I’ve ever seen. I don’t think I was supposed to laugh like I did.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Ace Austin needs to be a bigger prick in the ring. He has some really fun moments and I think he's one of the few heel flippy guys that "gets it," but I want him to just watch a ton of classic Eddie Guerrero and take notes.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I was honestly ready for him winning the world title when Tessa vacated it over the summer and thought he was who Impact was going with in that 6-way in Slammiversary but he didn't. I think he has a natural heel persona and with some more seasoning, can be real special in a few years.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
He had a match a few months ago with, IIRC, Trey Miguel when he (Ace) was X-Division champ, and Ace was solid at playing the heel while still working the fast-paced X-Division style. He took shortcuts, he fought dirty, and he did flippy stuff around all of it. Dude just needs some experience alongside bigger level talents for the sake of honing his craft because he definitely has something special about him.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Rock must’ve hired the best social media people that they are always seemingly tweeting informed tweets on any and all that message him.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Eddie Edwards vs Sami Callihan in Barbed Wire Massacre announced for Hard to Kill. While I think this feud is played out, I think Impact have the opportunity to separate themselves from everyone else by just having a total bloodbath. Callihan is smart enough to work that type of match so let's see what they come up with. I assume this will be filmed beforehand.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Impact Plus Monthly Special Events that don't warrant a thread: The "Why are we having one of these a month before one of our actual PPVs edition

Impact Wrestling Genesis
January 9th, 2021
Taped from Skyway Studios in Nashville, Tennessee

Super X Cup Finals

TBD Vs TBD

I Quit Match
Moose Vs Willie Mack

Super X Cup Semi Finals Match
Ace Austin/Suicide winner Vs Daivari/Cousin Jake winner.

Super X Cup Semi Finals Match
Crazzy Steve/Tre Lamar winner Vs Blake Christian/KC Navarro winner

Jordynne Grace Vs Jazz

Super X Cup Quarterfinals match
Ace Austin Vs Suicide

Daivari Vs Cousin Jake

Crazzy Steve Vs Tre Lamar

Blake Christian Vs KC Navarro

You know what? Between the tournament and Jordynne Grace Vs Jazz, this show looks good enough for me to watch tbh. And Impact/TNA it seems does well with the shows no one really cares about.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I don't care about Moose vs anyone, but the rest of the card is going to be very good. The tournament, if they do it correctly, could be great. I like that Jazz vs Jordynne didn't have one turn on the other, it's a respect match. That's a good change of pace.

Also, Ethan Page vs The Karate Man is already feud of the year. They're having a match on PPV!!!! @King Kamala, will you be buying the show just on that match alone?

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
Eddie Edwards vs Sami Callihan in Barbed Wire Massacre announced for Hard to Kill. While I think this feud is played out, I think Impact have the opportunity to separate themselves from everyone else by just having a total bloodbath. Callihan is smart enough to work that type of match so let's see what they come up with. I assume this will be filmed beforehand.
Not only is Callihan smart enough to make it work, he's legitimately one of the best deathmatch workers in US history. The COD between him and Danny Havoc is still a masterpiece of brutality that is amplified by Sami's tenacity and the constant pace set by both men.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Ace Austin did an interview where he revealed that he’s kept a part-time job at Hot Topic for several years and still works that. If true, wonder how long until wrestling fans ruin that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Watched only my second episode of Impact in I don't know how long, this week. My singular observation was how annoyed I was that Madison Rayne never made mention of her history with Neveah, during that tag match. Was that something that they've done, already, and just don't feel like they need to come back to it, every week, or have they never talked about it, at all?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Watched only my second episode of Impact in I don't know how long, this week. My singular observation was how annoyed I was that Madison Rayne never made mention of her history with Neveah, during that tag match. Was that something that they've done, already, and just don't feel like they need to come back to it, every week, or have they never talked about it, at all?
I do not recall them giving much more about Nevaeh other than saying she had history with Havok when she showed up. To me it was a pleasant surprise they’ve done so well in the tournament since they haven’t given her much of anything, IMO.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I do not recall them giving much more about Nevaeh other than saying she had history with Havok when she showed up. To me it was a pleasant surprise they’ve done so well in the tournament since they haven’t given her much of anything, IMO.

Madison mentioned how she knew Naveah when she first showed up. She didn't go into how, but when Naveah would show up in the stands where the fans would be, Madison would talk about knowing her. Josh would ask her who she was, and Madison never went further.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This article articulates almost exactly how I feel why Impact Wrestling has never really broken. It's somewhat justifiable for a major promotion like WWE or AEW to try and give a little bit of something for everyone (even though they often fail at it). However, it's a real headscratcher for a secondary (or let's face it probably teritiary since Spike canceled them) promotion to try that approach. Is Impact the promotion that emphasizes high flyers/high spots?The promotion that emphasizes their women's division? The "funny" promotion? The blood and guts promotion (which is direction me along with a lot of the IWC and fellow NEW ENGLAND MEN think they should go)?

Pick one MAYBE two things to emphasize and stick with them for a year.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I had heard that Impact was doing good things with their women's division. I don't know whether they'd already decided to stop, before I figured out what channel it was on, or if that person just had a lower bar for women's wrestling than I do, but I'd definitely like to see more that what we're getting in the "main" promotions, right now. Like, NXT is, like, halfway there, but what I'd really like to see is a promotion like SHIMMER or Shine, with NXT's budget. Or even Impact's budget.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Is the WOW revival already in the ground?
I read this as "WCW," before I cleaned off my glasses. I feel some kind of way about the notion that "SHIMMER + Money Mark = WOW." Like, I guess, maybe if you went out of your way to hire the shittiest booker you could find?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, new WOW got two seasons. WWE signed and stowed away Santana Garrett, I think Tessa was fighting with them and JungleGrrl was diagnosed with cancer I believe. So their top of the card was all screwed up. Season One was fun but Season Two was rough and saw some people not showing up. Although they really were trying with Kiera Hogan before Impact and the GOAT Alisha Edwards was SASSY MASSY. Oh well, maybe someday Jeannie Buss will catch up to Dixie Carter.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I figure Piper's daughter would have been top dog there considering her legacy but the few matches I've seen from her had her looking green as grass so better to wait a little while longer to feature her anywhere.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watching Genesis rn and I thought they were replacing Madison Rayne as color commentator? Josh Matthews does like that 80% of the talking anyway. It is just like she is filling the seat until they get her replacement.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
There were reports she was out and there were weeks with Matt Striker but I’d prefer she stay and Josh go find something else to do.