Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Impact Wrestling Winter/Spring 2020-21: Swann Diving Into a New Era

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Because I invoked her name in the Rumble thread, I had to come here and post I finally got around to watching this week’s Impact this morning and I still maintain Alisha Edwards is a treasure.

She worked for my local indie (ICW: NY, before they became ICW: No Holds Barred). She's not bad in the ring, and she played the heel (a Boston native working in Queens, NY), and she played the role really well. I was surprised how much better she was than she is in Impact. That said, I thought she was the best part of the Fire and Flava Festival.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Brian Myers and Hernandez vs Eddie Edwards and Matt Cardona seems like a future candidate for a Matches You Didn‘t Think Existed thread.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Yeah, that's probably the best gimmick match they've come up with since Ultimate X.

Like, this opens a lot of ideas up for intersecting stories and rivalries, and seems a great way to test the waters for potential programs a month or two from now. Let's say Bey/Daivari show an insane amount of chemistry, boom, book a few matches worth of a program. Great way to test the waters for a solo Josh Alexander run, too.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She worked for my local indie (ICW: NY, before they became ICW: No Holds Barred). She's not bad in the ring, and she played the heel (a Boston native working in Queens, NY), and she played the role really well. I was surprised how much better she was than she is in Impact. That said, I thought she was the best part of the Fire and Flava Festival.

I feel like every other post of yours mentions ICW that I'm starting to question if Demanto has you on his payroll.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brian Myers and Hernandez vs Eddie Edwards and Matt Cardona seems like a future candidate for a Matches You Didn‘t Think Existed thread.
I thought this was a random TV match but it's actually going to be on their Impact Plus special next weekend! Did the former Edgeheads pick their partners names out of a hat!?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Myers is at least having a mini feud with Eddie and has been a jerk to Cardona in backstage segments but Hernandez’ current run is just random. I assume it will be seen that no one likes Myers and he is hired muscle but just feels like a random grouping of guys for a PPV match.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Personally, I think we should all be excited at prospect of 4th best member of La Familia and 4th best member of LAX teaming up.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone else remembers when Kiera Hogan accused Ember Moon of stealing her gimmick but now she’s accusing Sasha Banks of doing it too.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I’m pretty behind on my Impact so trying to catch up from two weeks ago while I eat lunch.

As much as I can’t stand Eddie Edwards’ current look and wrestling style, I think his theme is a good wrestling theme. Despite being branded losers in WWE, I really think Myers and Cardona come across as stars amongst some of this Impact crop so curious where it all goes.

The Trey Miguel interview was... weird. I thought he was coming off opposite of they wanted and sounded heelish but then Sami Callihan shows up and he sounds like the reasonable voice. Curious where that ends up going.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PPVs/Impact Plus Specials That Don't Warrant A Thread time.

Somehow this show has 9 matches which seems like a ton for one of these shows. It's usually a card on the shorter side.

Impact Wrestling No Surrender
February 13th, 2021
From Skyway Studios in Nashville, Tennessee

Triple Threat Match for the Impact World Tag Team Titles
The Good Brothers (c) Vs Beer Guns Vs Private Party (with Matt Hardy)

Impact World Heavyweight Title Match
Rich Swann (c) Vs Tommy Dreamer

Impact X Division Title Match
TJP (c) Vs Rohit Raju (with Mahabali Shera...he's back, @Baby Shoes !!)

Eddie Edwards & Matt Cardona (American Heads? Team BroWolves? Ah NVM) Vs Curt Hawkins & Hernandez (The Major Exchange)

Triple Threat Revolver (Gauntlet) Match to determine #1 Contender for the Impact X Division Title
Ace Austin (With Madman Fulton) Vs Blake Christian Vs Chris Bey Vs Daivari Vs Josh Alexander Vs Suicide Vs Trey Miguel Vs Willie Mack

Texas Tornado No Disqualification Match for the Impact Knockout Tag Team Titles
Fire and Flava (c) Vs Havok and Nevaeh

Jake Something Vs Deaner (with Joe Doering and Eric Young)

Six Knockout Tag Team Match
Jordynne Grace, Jazz, and ODB Vs Deonna Purrazzo, Kimber Lee, and Susan

Six Person Tag Team Match
The Decay (Rosemary, Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus) Vs Tennille Dashwood and Team XXXL

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
That youngster Tommy Dreamer finally getting his shot. That stupid ponytail might be the key to all this.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. Now that Impact viewership is higher than it has been in the last six or seven years, it's hilarious that they chose to feature a 50 year old as #1 contender and a confusing X Division match. Vintage TNA stuff right here.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
An AEW, NJPW, and Impact (and I 100% expect the NWA and MLW eventually) alliance would be the biggest threat to WWE and I love it. When they can tour again it's gonna be some wild stuff and I can't wait. It's my one big wish when it comes to wrestling right now.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
...is that guy doing a Blues Brothers gimmick?
Juice Robinson is from Joliet, Illinois and has decided to dress up like Jake & Elwood as tribute to his hometown.

Goofy sure but at least he looks better than most if not all of the added Blues Brothers from Blues Brothers 2000.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Juice Robinson is from Joliet, Illinois and has decided to dress up like Jake & Elwood as tribute to his hometown.

Goofy sure but at least he looks better than most if not all of the added Blues Brothers from Blues Brothers 2000.

As much as his previous looks were fun, this might also be his best on. I know the Japanese fans love his over the top and color looks, but this one works best.

I love FinJuice showing up, but I'm also a huge mark for both of them, and the more I get to see of them the better. Their gimmick is actually perfect for Impact, and if there were fans, they'd be into them. They're just a fun team.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Haven’t watched tonight’s show yet so this is solely over what I came across online.

They brought in FinJuice and the best opponents they could give them were Reno Scum? I mean, I guess they will be around a bit if they are starting at the bottom but it feels a little underwhelming when I can’t really remember them winning a match in this run with the company.

I was hoping they would get the title off TJP and onto Josh Alexander. Not sure who really is invested in a TJP reign especially as a babyface.

Cardona and Myers feuding seems weird. I got the sense they wanted to do it but it doesn’t seem like the time is right considering they not only have a podcast together but the podcast has been plugged on Impact. They haven’t directly mentioned it since they’ve been feuding but they have continued to make references to their action figure collections.

While these thoughts are mostly criticisms, I really feel Impact is in that zone now where a lot of things are starting to click and I’d really like to see them succeed.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Haven’t watched tonight’s show yet so this is solely over what I came across online.

They brought in FinJuice and the best opponents they could give them were Reno Scum? I mean, I guess they will be around a bit if they are starting at the bottom but it feels a little underwhelming when I can’t really remember them winning a match in this run with the company.

I was hoping they would get the title off TJP and onto Josh Alexander. Not sure who really is invested in a TJP reign especially as a babyface.

Cardona and Myers feuding seems weird. I got the sense they wanted to do it but it doesn’t seem like the time is right considering they not only have a podcast together but the podcast has been plugged on Impact. They haven’t directly mentioned it since they’ve been feuding but they have continued to make references to their action figure collections.

While these thoughts are mostly criticisms, I really feel Impact is in that zone now where a lot of things are starting to click and I’d really like to see them succeed.

TJP vs Alexander, as much I wanted Josh to win, and as much of a piece of trash as TJP is, the match was very good. One of the better TV matches of the week so far.

FinJuice vs Reno Scum was a nice little match, and it was great to see Reno Scum back. Thronstowe works at a hospital and didn't want to travel much until he was vaccinated, so I'm guessing we'll see more of them now. They're a really good team and should be pushed better.

It was interesting, during a post match segment Cardona even brought up the idea that fans know they're friends off screen, so he wanted to know what was up with Myers' attitude. He was attacked during the segment, so no answers there, but they aren't forgetting about that, which I think is a good move. They aren't pretending that they're not friends and I'm sure we'll get answers somewhere down the road.