Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Impact Wrestling Winter/Spring 2020-21: Swann Diving Into a New Era

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Man this relationship will end up like when WCW used to get Nagata or Chono in exchange for High Voltage.

Valeyard

Reaction score
They could've (and should've) at least sent the Jurassic Express. Skunt might not be the biggest douchebag in the building.

Valeyard

Reaction score
His brother made that girl suck a dildo which is okay because she was a consenting adult, or so I saw posted.

He's got mad douchechills and wouldn't look quite as bad in Impact, that Skunt. A lot of that would be because he'd just by default make everyone look like bigger stars.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kidding aside though, I do feel like Marko and Private Party are the exact type of guys they should have do occasional shots in Impact cause it gives them much needed ring time in an environment that's more important than AEW Dark but less pressure than TNT primetime.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yup, pretty much. As I stated a week or so ago, there's a new woman in NXT UK with the name "Valkyrie" so doubt they'd have two so I have to guess that she pretty much joins her husband immediately on Smackdown and takes the name Taya Morrison.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, snark aside, I really like the Good Brothers Vs Private Party pairing. It's not going to lead to any MOTY candidates but I feel like The Good Brothers will be good mentors in ring for Private Party and teach them how to slow things down a bit.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Aoife Valkyrie signed with WWE last January after working the UK indies for years under many variations of a Valkyrie name.

Also, Morrison is on RAW now and while I was never the biggest fan of Taya, RAW women’s roster is probably the weakest of any of their brands, despite having some big names.

Apparently they wrote Taya off last night by saying was going to a facility “in Stamford”.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Officer Dreamer said she would go to a facility in Stamford, Jacksonville, or Baltimore.

SHE'S NOT GOING TO GO TO ROH, TOMMY!
Ah, the write up I found only said Stamford, since I haven’t gotten to watch yet.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Officer Dreamer said she would go to a facility in Stamford, Jacksonville, or Baltimore.

SHE'S NOT GOING TO GO TO ROH, TOMMY!

Dreamer said that hopefully she goes to a Jacksonville prison, because if she goes to Stamford penitentiary she'll locked into a bad place for 2 year, with a prison option for a 3rd year.

Acey then said she better hope she doesn't end up in Baltimore.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Impact has Kenny Omega guest appearances for two months and they think can take potshots at ma boys in ROH. SMDH.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I haven’t watched this show yet to know but that’s my best guess. If Swinger is who it is @Mr. S£im Citrus , his current gimmick is he is stuck in the 80s and does a lot of gags about 80s/90s wrestling tropes. Pure comedy act, I think was last year he worked a 70-year old man.

In other news, the weekly Cardona-Myers podcast came out and a couple interesting tidbits. On Wednesdays they do a fantasy booking show and really only touched on the Impact debut giving Matt a hard time that Impact called him on Friday and wanted to fly him in that night but he made them wait until day of show because he had to finish taking pictures of his action figure fantasy booking, I think those go on their show’s Patreon. On Fridays they do their normal show and Cardona says he hasn’t set foot in a ring since September. At all. Myers was telling the producer in disbelief that multiple Impact talents came up to Cardona in the locker room and told him that he was their favorite wrestler growing up. Myers also gave him a hard time joking he worked with Ace Austin who was probably in kindergarten when Ryder was at his peak.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I haven’t watched this show yet to know but that’s my best guess. If Swinger is who it is @Mr. S£im Citrus , his current gimmick is he is stuck in the 80s and does a lot of gags about 80s/90s wrestling tropes. Pure comedy act, I think was last year he worked a 70-year old man.
Yep. And it was actually one hell of a match, too.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
In names from the past news, Taylor Wilde did an interview recently and says she signed somewhere and hopefully will debut in a month. I’d have to assume if she’s going to be a televised performer at this point, it is probably a return to Impact.

Valeyard

Reaction score
That's the best way to give two weeks notice to Sunglass Hut in history, I'd wager.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well I don’t think he was going to reunite with them regardless. I thought rumor was he was going to AEW. But I really think a smaller, familiar company like Impact is probably best for Trey with his past issues.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Total food for thought, but what if Trey DID sign with AEW and because of this partnership with AEW/Impact they are just working his Impact return, only to turn on someone on the Impact roster to reveal AEW signed him and to go from there? Seems less than likely, but I wouldn't mind them doing this angle with someone at some point if this partnership keeps up., even if its a worked storyline where some talent signs with the other company, but really doesn't, but it's more of just a way to showcase a strong Impact talent on AEW programming for awhile to give him more eyes noticing him or her. Similar to the Thunder Rosa/NWA agreement with AEW.

I thought last nights show was kind of "eh" as I was expecting much more follow up with the interpromotional angles, but all we got was a short PP/Hardy promo and Tony Khan either somewhat intoxicated or just trying to play some sort of obnoxious heel character, or both.

Reactions: Laz

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Trey is a talented guy but AEW is too overloaded with talent right now for him to get a shot on the card. I think @King Kamala summarized it well, Impact was really good with some of his mental health struggles in the past. It is likely the best place both for his well-being and spot on the card, in my opinion.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
Trey is a talented guy but AEW is too overloaded with talent right now for him to get a shot on the card. I think @King Kamala summarized it well, Impact was really good with some of his mental health struggles in the past. It is likely the best place both for his well-being and spot on the card, in my opinion.
All totally valid points, like I said I was kind of going way out there with that idea. I do still wish someone though would be implimented in this concept of an Impact guy turning on the company to go to AEW in storyline, maybe Callihan? Even though it would be completely worked, having him go rouge against Impact for not treating him as he feels he deserves, to then go to AEW even briefly to do some matches with others like Mox, Kingston, etc, wouldn't be a terrible idea. Plus it seems like the tease is already on that Calihan is going to have some part in the Jericho cruise 3 on a side note.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Because I invoked her name in the Rumble thread, I had to come here and post I finally got around to watching this week’s Impact this morning and I still maintain Alisha Edwards is a treasure.