Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

In Your House V

DMann1979

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Great main event which I've seen many times. But this also has Diesel vs Owen during his tweener phase, the hogpen match and Sid & The Kid vs Jannetty/Razor.

There's also Undertaker vs Mabel in a casket match...awkward

DMann1979

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Swank all gold tights on Razor tonight...maybe that's why Golddust is so infatuated

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/wwe/in-your-house-seasons-beatings/#.U22Tt1f4w1J

Bret vs. Bulldog in a match heralded as a under-appreciated classic - Does it hold up? HHH tumbles with a HOG farmer, King Mabel's WWF career is put to rest, Big Daddy Cool tries to avenge his boyfriend's concussion and Razor gets his hands on the 123 Kid!

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score
re: comment in your review about WWF RAW being "on sale" for $70...I very clearly remember paying about that at K-Mart back in the day when it first came out. SNES games were insanely priced quite often.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Coliseum Videos were in that range too.

I remember being worried about HHH's hardway cut on his back after he got slammed into the pigpen. I hope they had peroxide in back!

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
InaudibleAhmedIYH5_zps22abe881.jpg

WTAGPricesIYH5_zpscf44a584.jpg

That's not Raw, Brody!

The segment with Buddy Landell was a wacky, mistimed disaster. The announcer - in a very confused manner - read the ring introduction card for Nature Boy Buddy "Rydell" (as I heard it). Then Lawler got in the ring to introduce the return of Double J. Then Dean Douglas came out for his scheduled match, which he was too injured for, so HE introduced his replacement Buddy Landell. Phew.

DMann1979

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Interesting, I started this thread and I was rewatching it again today. What a dull show, save for the main. Though Diesel shitkicking Owen was always kinda cool to me.

I also remember the post show Diesel/Undertaker confrontation "If it has to be, it has to be"

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Ed said:
The closed caption guy had no idea what Ahmed was saying?

He actually made out more words than I could.

DMann1979 said:
Interesting, I started this thread and I was rewatching it again today. What a dull show, save for the main. Though Diesel shitkicking Owen was always kinda cool to me.

I also remember the post show Diesel/Undertaker confrontation "If it has to be, it has to be"

Diesel vs. Owen has one of those weird "wrestling things" where of course the Jackknife Powerbomb is supposed to be the big finishing move, but there is a spot where Diesel shoves Owen off the turnbuckles where he lands way harder than he does on the powerbomb. The way he angles himself on his way down makes it look like he lands right on his head, barely missing breaking his neck, but he's a-ok.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Put this on during some downtime. I don’t think I have ever seen this show in full. Just the Hog Pen match and main event.

Marty Jannetty and Razor Ramon...has there ever been a team with a higher blood alcohol content level?

Razor pins SID with a top rope bulldog. What is this the Survivor Series!?

LOL at Vince getting pissed at the 1995 Fink replacement for blowing the “Nature Boy” Buddy Landell Rydell surprise.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There is something hilarious about Dean Douglas using the other Nature Boy as his proxy.

Being in Hershey, PA, so close to Philly, first few rows are filled with ECW Mutants. New Generation crowds remind me a lot of current WWE crowds (by current, I mean a year ago when WWE had crowds). Just filled with geeks and lifelong fans who low key hate wrestling and just don’t know what else to do with their lives.

Ahmed squashes Buddy Rydell in less than a minute. What was the point of bringing Buddy in for that?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vince: I WANT GODWINN TO *SLOP* HOWARD! NOBODY LET HOWARD KNOW!
Bruce: Fink’s not at ringside tonight. You want him to skip Tony Chimel?
Vince: GOD DAMMIT! I GUESS THAT WILL DO. WHERTR IS MY STEAK WRAP AND DR. PEPPER!?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I imagine Buddy might of got brought in because of the good match he had with Shawn Michaels at the Superbowl of Wrestling a few months earlier. It's a bummer too, because he was having maybe the best run of his career in Smokey Mountain right before WWE brought him in. It was the first time he was a babyface and he was really good in the role. He definitely could've been used in a tag team at least.

It's insane that 1995 Buddy Landel is younger than like 80% of the current WWE roster. I can't believe he was only 34 and either younger than or the same age as guys like Big E, Seth Rollins, Roman, Drew, The Usos, Baron Corbin, Mustafa Ali and most of Retribution lol, Keith Lee, etc. I know he had the mileage like a lot of 80's guys and lived really hard, but him and Michael Hayes got hit the hardest.

Last edited:

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Buddy had a good match with Bret not long after, the one where he destroyed his knee. I wonder how his role in the Billionaire Ted saga would've been.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I really do like Bret/Bulldog more than the Summerslam match. Don't care. They were so on here and the blood made it perfect.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah that was a rare blade job in WWE at that time. I remember, for whatever reason, I popped at the finish being a majistral cradle!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Best thing about finish is Jericho gave Bret Hart the idea for the finish when Jericho visited backstage at a WWF house show and Bret found out he had worked in Mexico and asked for suggestions for lucha finishes. Jericho demonstrated the move on 123 Kid!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Although that story makes me bummed that Bret Hart never worked Mexico. I'm imaging him cutting a promo in pidgin Spanish and it RULES!

Now I'm remembering Owen had a run in Mexico as Blue Blazer in '90-'91 though and I know what I'll look up on YouTube after work.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really do like Bret/Bulldog more than the Summerslam match. Don't care. They were so on here and the blood made it perfect.
Me too. The intensity and urgency adds to it. Bulldog gives a much better performance than at Summerslam.