Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

It's Alright

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
I looked for a Saved by the Bell thread and THERE ISN'T ONE?!! WHAT?!!?! THIS IS NOT THE TRTSM I KNOW AND LOVE

thread created to spotlight this

http://gobayside.tumblr.com/

favorite new podcast obsession :-*

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A lot of people lumped Saved By The Bell into the Full House/Family Matters/Step by Step/all encompassing TGIF thread I started, which I have to say is slightly unfair. Not all of these early '90s shows for kids too old to watch cartoons but too young to watch actual sitcoms are the same!

Huge, HUGE SBTB fan. I've seen every episode at least twice. I watch it occasionally to this day.

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Full House Reviewed guy's going to do a SBTB podcast after his badly needed break.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a friend who went to a real Bayside school here in BAMA and yeah I mark outget so excited so excited so scared every time I hear about it

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiffani-Amber Thiessen as Kelly Kapowski (underrated great name btw) had a major impact on me as a kid.

I sadly even tried out SBT: The New Class and SBT: The College Years afterwards simply because they had the name in the title.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
College Years was fine. Not as good as the original and their lame attempts at making it a sitcom for adults (nobody over the age of 30 is going to watch SBTB) but it had its moments.

The New Class though, I could never get into because it seemed like they changed the entire cast every other season. Probably because they actually did change their cast every other season! During that era, I always preferred City Guys when it came to TNBC sitcoms.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yeah the College Years wasn't perfect but it was watchable. I enjoyed the first half of the New Class but it got really ridiculous as time went on and was pretty unwatchable by its last couple seasons.

I actually discussed STBT:TNC on CXF: http://culturecrossfire.com/movies-tv/tv/remembering-tnbc/

MillenniumMan831

Monsoon_Classic
Reaction score
My favorite part of the College Years was the fact that Bob Golic was on it.

I've been catching up on the Go Bayside podcast. I'm about 25 eps in and the only one I had to tap out on was the one with Baron Vaughn as a guest. He was dreadful enough that I committed his name to memory.

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Funny how the new class got worse in the later seasons, because that's when the show actually maintained a consistent cast.

I watched all of those horrible tnbc shows. My sister gave me so much crap about it.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I was, and still am a huge SBTB fan. I remember before it debuted, NBC aired a special before their new season about all the new shows that were debuting. It was hosted by a few of the cast members and talked a lot about the show. I'm a fan dating back to Good Morning, Miss Bliss. Even being a big fan, I always found it weird how the show moved from Indiana to California. If it was just Zack, that'd be one thing, but Lisa, Screech and even Mr. Belding moved with with him.

I've seen every episode from there through the end of the series at least a dozen times. Kelly was my first TV crush and I always wanted to be Zack. I bought the entire series, including the 2 movies (Hawaii and wedding) on DVD and I'm excited to show them to my daughter when she gets a little older.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As I'm sure a lot of people have, my brother and I began apologizing to our folks when we were about 16 for all the terrible things we made them watch growing up. As I'm sure most parents do, they both kind of shrugged it off, with one exception: My mother insisted on an apology for SBTB.

MuchMusic began replaying them at midnight on weeknights in October 2011. I was 45 minutes late for work every day that week.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
There was a point, I think 95-97ish when I was in highschool that SBTB was on 5 times after school. Twice on WGN, twice on this other station WWOR, and then once on a local channel.

My Dad was always part amazed and part perturbed that I could watch episodes that I've seen 50 times already and know by heart, over and over still.

This was new a few years ago, but for those who haven't seen it, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6kvsXbvr0

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I love the fact that we are now at the point in time where '90s nostalgia is in fashion and therefore all of these people are coming out of the woodwork as SBTB fans. I thought I was the only one.

And it's made Mr. Belding semi-sort of relevant again!

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
You're far from the only one. Hell, I own a Kelly Kapowski shirt, as has been seen in some pictures I've posted. I also an a Zack Attack shirt, Bayside Tigers gym shirt and The Max shirt.

It's cool to know that my daughter is going to be raised as a second generation SBTB fan.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Yeah 80's nostalgia feels old-hat now, and even though I was born in the 80's, I consider myself a 90's kid because that was my 10 - 19 years of age timeframe. A lot of the stuff I watched in the 80's I remember but more in a blur kind of way.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mr. Belding was the "Grand Marshall" for a local mardi gras parade a few years ago.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
What I've noticed after watching reruns of SBTB on Netflix is a lot of stuff was edited out of the episodes I watched growing up in syndication. There were even alternative title cards and a remix of the theme in later seasons. I'm glad I finally got to see these episodes in their entirety.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They reedited the Good Morning Miss Bliss episodes to fit in with the continuity of SBTB and would have Zack set up the episodes, yet he never explained why everyone moved to California at the same time.

And I love how we have promotional photos of Tori with Kelly and Jesse, yet no video evidence of them ever interacting on the show.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Yup, Tori only came around after the producers couldn't get Tiffany Amber Thiessen and Elizabeth Berkley to sign on for more episodes that last season. I love how Tori just disappears before graduation while Kelly and Jessie return.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Yeah as the story goes, Kelly & Jessie and the rest actual filmed their "senior year" before the Tori episodes filmed. That way they could have the original gang graduating together in the case of not getting the gals back. So technically the Tori years which oddly enough feature Lisa Turtle with a different hairstyle for just those episodes, are considered their "Junior year"

NoCalMike

Reaction score
As cute as Tiffany Amber Theisen was during high school, as a woman she really filled out and got curvy and wonderful.

hot_kelly_kapowski.jpg

Richard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I posted this in the other thread, but a theory on tvtropes is that the Tori episodes were a fanfic and Tori was the author's mary sue. All the guys are in love with her and Kelly and Jessie are eliminated to reduce competition (Lisa is kept around to be her adoring black best friend).

Tiffany was by far the best thing about the Ladies Man.

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Richard said:
I think I posted this in the other thread, but a theory on tvtropes is that the Tori episodes were a fanfic and Tori was the author's mary sue. All the guys are in love with her and Kelly and Jessie are eliminated to reduce competition (Lisa is kept around to be her adoring black best friend).

Tiffany was by far the best thing about the Ladies Man.

She was in Ladies Man? Granted, it's been fourteen years since I saw it (and I'm sure that was more than enough), but I only remember Karyn Parsons.....I'd do some awful things to her.

Robert

Robert
Reaction score
That Me in My Place thing she did a few months back brought back some great memories.