Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

It's Alright

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Therapy? said:
What I've noticed after watching reruns of SBTB on Netflix is a lot of stuff was edited out of the episodes I watched growing up in syndication. There were even alternative title cards and a remix of the theme in later seasons. I'm glad I finally got to see these episodes in their entirety.

I don't know if I just forgot about it, but there is a scene in the first episode (well, what Netflix has as the first proper SBTB episode since Miss Bliss is "season 1" - I thought the first episode had Zack pull a cardboard cutout of Kelly out from under his bed but that wasn't this one) where Hamilton Camp (who apparently did other things, but he's Gizmo Duck / Fenton Crackshell to me) plays a music teacher stuck teaching two classes. Whenever he leaves the room, the gang starts playing some Bach really jazzy and up tempo. I swear I've never seen this before.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
How come every time I took a cardboard cutout of my lady friend in high school from under my bed she found it "clingy" and "creepy"?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Venkman said:
Therapy? said:
What I've noticed after watching reruns of SBTB on Netflix is a lot of stuff was edited out of the episodes I watched growing up in syndication. There were even alternative title cards and a remix of the theme in later seasons. I'm glad I finally got to see these episodes in their entirety.

I don't know if I just forgot about it, but there is a scene in the first episode (well, what Netflix has as the first proper SBTB episode since Miss Bliss is "season 1" - I thought the first episode had Zack pull a cardboard cutout of Kelly out from under his bed but that wasn't this one) where Hamilton Camp (who apparently did other things, but he's Gizmo Duck / Fenton Crackshell to me) plays a music teacher stuck teaching two classes. Whenever he leaves the room, the gang starts playing some Bach really jazzy and up tempo. I swear I've never seen this before.

If that's the scene I'm thinking of, I love that one. When the teacher walks back in, they suck again. It happens a few times.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Detective Ventriloquist said:
Venkman said:
Therapy? said:

If that's the scene I'm thinking of, I love that one. When the teacher walks back in, they suck again. It happens a few times.

that scene goes on for 47 minutes

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Venkman said:
Therapy? said:

That actually was in the syndicated episode. Great scene.

There was a scene in the episode where Screech tries to beat the Russian guy from Valley in a chess match where he's practicing in the gym in some sort of chess related physical education class. I'm 100% certain that wasn't in syndication growing up.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
How come every time I took a cardboard cutout of my lady friend in high school from under my bed she found it "clingy" and "creepy"?

He also had a banner which he controlled with a remote.

...Zack had a creepy Urkel-like obsession with Kelly, didn't he?

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ed said:
Baby Shoes said:

He also had a banner which he controlled with a remote.

...Zack had a creepy Urkel-like obsession with Kelly, didn't he?

He could stop time, what does he care?

Shooting Star

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always thought Scott from New Class looked like a drug addict. As I got older, I imagined the reason he disappeared was because he had actually committed suicide due to drug addicted depression but have found no evidence of it. Nor if he's homeless.

That being said, I actually liked his character.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was thinking a quick Google search would show up where the first fake Zack Morris ended up being but the wheareabouts of Scott from Saved By The Bell: The New Class are unknown? Maybe Shooting Star is right. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I never watched The New Class, so I wanted to see what this Scott looked like.

From his Wikipedia:

After he was fired from the show, he competed in amateur gymnastics under the tutelage of famed Québécois magician F. Brian Fester.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
the episode where Zach and Slater get into a fight over the new girl in school aired yesterday and it's still awesome. I lost my shit when that first aired

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Monsoon Classic said:

Yep, he is a blind lawyer now.

issac.jpg

I liked Weasel. I always thought the Saved by the Bell: TNC cast had charm, but they were just dealt a bad hand with having to follow the originals.

Also Bianca Lawson hasn't aged a day....hell, she might be hotter now than she was then.

Shooting Star

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a ton of assumptions of people who had roles on tv that are probably depressed suicidal drug addicts and likely homeless. Fake Zack was the first one ever though.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shooting Star said:
I have a ton of assumptions of people who had roles on tv that are probably depressed suicidal drug addicts and likely homeless. Fake Zack was the first one ever though.
http://youtu.be/wlMwc1c0HRQ

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
All this talk of the New Class, I wonder how many people would join me if I started a thread on a true great show - California Dreams.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Isn't there a thread for Saturday Afternoon TNBC Sitcoms? I feel like there is. Where else can I talk about the greatness of Hang Time?

CanadianGuitarist

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
I never watched The New Class, so I wanted to see what this Scott looked like.

From his Wikipedia:

After he was fired from the show, he competed in amateur gymnastics under the tutelage of famed Québécois magician F. Brian Fester.

That name reminded me of:

P._piggly_hogswine's_super-sm%C3%B6rg.png

Shooting Star

Integral Poster
Reaction score
HSJ said:
Isn't there a thread for Saturday Afternoon TNBC Sitcoms? I feel like there is. Where else can I talk about the greatness of Hang Time?

I really liked the crossover between Hang Time and SBTB.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Hey it's Amy Weber as Soliel-Moon Frye / Robin's friend Chloe!

Props to having the jacket Robin wore early in the episode have a heart on it. Good Punky Brewster reference that had previously gone unnoticed.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Go Bayside podcast has the Mystery Weekend episode up!

That might be my favorite SBTB episode.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
My favorite is a toss up between the marijuana episode (Johnny Dakota!) and Cut Day.