Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

It's Alright

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Well, that was hard to watch. It was a trainwreck, but I couldn't stop watching. They glossed over so much stuff that it needed to be longer. It was based on Dustin Diamond's book, so he looked like the hero. I need to own this now.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Caught the last hour after half my Twitter feed went nuts about it. Every bit as awful as I would have expected it to be. Fun to see Jessie's "I'm so excited!" reimagined though, complete with Dustin Diamond laughing at the absurdity of it off camera.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Did not realize this came up. Luckily Lifetime OnDemand already has it up. Have it recording off the OnDemand right now so I can watch some night this week.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't remember the episode where Screech dressed up as Abraham Lincoln. I think they made up episodes because they couldn't reference any real ones for legal purposes (except the caffeine pills one, of course).

I feel ashamed that I can actually tell the difference.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I feel like Screech as Lincoln seems familar from an opening credit montage but it has also been at least a decade since I've seen an episode.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What was the deal with Dustin Diamond's buddy threatening to ruin his career as Screech? At that point, they only had one episode left and nobody knew they were planning to do the College Years, New Class, etc. For all they knew, the Screech character was done anyway.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
My guess is that was done with more than 1 episode left, but due to time restrictions and rushing through everything, they just put it there to add emotion and tension.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Tino Standard said:
What was the deal with Dustin Diamond's buddy threatening to ruin his career as Screech? At that point, they only had one episode left and nobody knew they were planning to do the College Years, New Class, etc. For all they knew, the Screech character was done anyway.

Figured it out. The graduation episode was one of 16 episodes filmed with Jessie and Kelly. The network ordered 10 more, but since they had already fulfilled their contract and decided to leave, Jessie and Kelly were replaced with Tori. Her episodes aired after the first 14 with Kelly and Jessie and the last 2 of their episodes then aired. So there were 10 episodes left that Screech had to film. The movie did a horrible job at explaining this.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
The movie is on right now in Canada (it was on earlier but I missed it) and it's awful but I can't stop watching it. I guess that means they really did capture the SBTB spirit.

CBright7831

2016/17 Poster of the Year
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac

It's like the cast has been bathing in a lazarus pit for 20 years. Too bad nobody told Mr. Belding about it. :'(

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was worried that Mr. Belding was going break his shins by simple walking. Still, pretty fun stuff here.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
That was fantastic. All the easter eggs were great from the signs (trip to white water rafting) to the various lines. Belding looks...huge. I loved the so excited part and Zack being happy he got Kelly pregnant was hysterical.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Mr. Belding looked awful. There were pictures of him backstage at Summerslam last year and he looked fine. I don't know how he's ballooned up since then. The rest of the skit was terrific though with the numerous callbacks. Jessie's face after Zack calls her a stripper was great.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
10996068_10206733949413756_3475793746070428278_n.jpg

OK, between this and the limited edition, vinyl reissues of The Wrestling Album and Piledriver: The Wrestling Album 2, Record Store Day has jumped the shark...

or gone to a whole another level. 8)

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So Mark-Paul Gosselaar was on the Nerdist podcast last week and I was disappointed to hear that he barely remembers any details about filming SBTB. One of the hosts said she has a podcast where she reviews old SBTB episodes and sounded really excited about it. Gosselaar couldn't recall the Screech Spaghetti Sauce episode (her favorite) nor some other favorites. Kind of a shame, really.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was it due to being drunk/high during filming or he just forced himself to forget?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
He just said it was so long ago that everything kind of blurs together. He wasn't high or anything as he was able to talk about other work he did.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Sadly no, but he did say that none of his film roles ever paid much and he looks forward to pilot season because television shows are where the real money's at. I was shocked that he talked about Hyperion Bay (though I don't think he ever referred to it by name).

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
That Fallon skit would have been much better without Fallon in it. Dude likes to insert himself into skits and be useless.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I stumbled upon that a few months ago. The biggest takeaway I got was the dude who played Flash wound up playing a teacher in one of the earlier seasons of SBTB.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Camp Candy wound up being pretty terrible IIRC. I always hated the Alf cartoon as a kid. Didn't realize the Smurfs and the Chipmunks were still on the air in 1989