It's Always Sunny Season 13

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Extremely easy for Kaitlin and Danny since they just act. Kaitlin has said it's usually two months to film all her scenes and the rest of the time she can raise her kids and do other acting. The other three have to write and produce and help casting and etc so it probably takes 6 months for them.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Kaitlin Olson becomes the first person of the younger cast to get an Emmy nomination. For her show on Quibi called Flipped and not Sunny and it's in the Actress in a Short Form Comedy Or Drama series and not Lead Actress in a Comedy Series but it's still recognition of some sort. The Quibi show I think would get some hype if it wasn't on Quibi. It's actually very good and she's funny and different than Dee on it but the stupid 7 minute format really hurts.

Last edited:

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
I've been on a Sunny rewatch this past week. I noticed that Hulu removed some episodes such as the season 8 episode where the gang become garbagemen. Dee's blackface scene was pretty cringe looking back but I thought the rest of the episode was pretty funny from memory.

There is a noticeable drop in quality once season 7 hits.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Dee's brownface scene is designed to be cringe though. Your not supposed to be laughing with Dee, your supposed to be horrified that she thinks this impression is funny. And then laughing at her impression failing and leading to her getting embarrassed. Even Frank comments on how fucked up the brownface is. It's like the scenes in The Office when Michael is being terrible and for the most part Michael is never portrayed to be in the right either. I can understand why people would find it offensive, but it's making fun of how terrible some white people are to me.

I think the quality sustains until Season 11. 2-7 is the clear peak, but it's still a great show in 8-10. The last four seasons are inconsistent, but it still hits most of what I find funny and I'm usually laughing throughout. They still put on at least 2 or 3 absolute classic episode a season and to me that's great for a show over a decade old. I think the reason I love Sunny is that there's so much physical comedy and it seems rare for a show to have so much these days. I prefer the new Sunny seasons to the last 3 or so seasons of Curb, but I might be in the minority there.

Fall of Epic

Epic Reine
I think season 7 is where it starts to be inconsistent. There are certainly some gems in there. The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore is one of my favorite episodes of the series. So much over the top wackiness that it's impossible not to love but I really dislike stuff like The Gang Gets Trapped and Frank's Brother. There's still a decent number of good episodes in each of the newer seasons for sure (The Gang Texts for one) but the peak for me is seasons 1 - 6.