Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

It's Always Sunny Season 13

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Didn't realize the new season has started up and already 3 eps into it, last nights was a rip on 80's Skiing movies complete with Dean Cameron in the guest staring role.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: It's Always Sunny Season 11

I knew there had to be a twist coming to explain things at the end. Good episode. Charlie was great.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score

First two episodes were amazing. The ski episode had it's laughs mostly due to Charlie not getting it. I guess I haven't seen enough 80s ski movies to fully appreciate the gag. I got the gag because South Park already did it, but I enjoyed the Sunny take on it.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

The frank episode was really fun for such a departure from the style. The suburb episode though is one of the funniest in recent times to me. So much to love in it.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I haven't loved this season, but the Suburbs episode was an all time great. The Richard Grieco episode might've been one of the worst though. Dee seems very underutilized so far. Charlie too, other than the skiing episode.

Being Frank was an engaging experiment, but other than Ponderosa biffing it while sliding off the car I didn't laugh much and I missed the ensemble.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

Charlie schooling everyone with bird law was fantastic.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Detective Ventriloquist said:
I love Guillermo del Toro's cameo. Didn't recognize him at first being under that big beard.

He was on a few seasons ago playing the same character. I was more excited for Reginald VelJohnson.

The Ponderosas have turned into great characters over the last couple of seasons.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

so do we get permanently gay Mac or does this get swept away off the boat?

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score

Seems like they are really pushing it fit him. Between admitting this week and him going to the gay bar in the St. Paddy's Day episode, it's pretty much confirmed for good.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

This season has been pretty bad so far, honestly. I didn't like the premiere or this week's episode at all. The one at the water park was alright but relied too much on cliches of past. It's apparently going to season 15 but if it keeps at this pace, yeesh.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

I thought the water park episode was really fun. The last episode wasn't a classic but it was fine. Charlie's Mom was really funny in it and Dennis being Dennis.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Cliches or not, I laughed a lot at all three episodes. That's all I ask when watching this. Not innovation.

I've been wondering how Kaitlin Olsen's new show would influence this and it does seem so far that her scenes are almost separate than a lot of the cast (or she has her head obstructed).

I have also enjoyed The Mick, if no one else is watching, as we don't have a thread for that (yet).

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score

Bible-Pounding Phony said:
Cliches or not, I laughed a lot at all three episodes. That's all I ask when watching this. Not innovation.

I've been wondering how Kaitlin Olsen's new show would influence this and it does seem so far that her scenes are almost separate than a lot of the cast (or she has her head obstructed).

I have also enjoyed The Mick, if no one else is watching, as we don't have a thread for that (yet).

Agreed, it may not be at it's height anymore but I still get a good amount of laughs out of it.

Also watching The Mick and digging it well enough, can't believe the chick that plays the daughter is like 25.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm liking The Mick more than Sunny so far. It has a corny premise, but it's making me laugh more and is a great showcase for Kaitlin Olson. The youngest kid and the maid are pretty hilarious in their own right and I'm surprised at how dark it gets for a network sitcom.

Last nights episode was the first one I really liked. Just a back to basics classic episode of Sunny with all five characters getting something to do.

I feel like most of this season is trying to hard to be Community or something instead of focusing on five assholes being funny.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The Making A Murderer/The Jinx inspired episode was the highlight of the season so far. I loved that it was Dennis centric, but still had one great scene from every other character and unlike the musical/80's sitcom episodes still felt like a classic episode of Sunny while parodying a genre.

It's weird that 3 out of the 5 episodes so far are either gimmick episodes or homages to a genre, but it's the twelfth season of a sitcom so I get that experimentation has to happen to keep it fresh.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score

Last night's episode was gold-especially the bike (
I guess Mac is officially out of the closet for good
)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Gary said:
Last night's episode was gold-especially the bike (
I guess Mac is officially out of the closet for good
)

Charlie Day said he's out for good now in an interview

Season's really picking up now. This one was probably the best since the Suburbs episode from last season. Love how lax FXX is on the cursing as they basically said every word you can say unbleeped.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score

Loved this episode as well. The homosexual line floored me because I wasn't expecting it at all.

I remember when Louie got an F word on the air a few years ago and it seemed like a big deal. Then Atlanta (great show) came along and was fucking all over the place. Finally looks like Sunny is getting the pass. This episode almost seemed like them telling us that they could say anything now. F word, cunt, cocksucker, the N word with a GER.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I really didn't like the musical or Old Lady House episode, but if this season sticks the landing it's the best one since Season 9, imo. Last night's was a little disjointed with the Mac/Frank storyline not really going anywhere but was still a really funny episode with an amazing ending. It feels like it's been way too long since they did a Charlie/Dennis pairing and it's always hilarious when they do it and last night was no exception.

I love and prefer when they show that Dee is just as evil and disgusting as her brother compared to when they kinda make her Meg Griffin and let the guys shit on her the whole episode. So, her pulling an Oldboy on that guy was insane

Good week for Kaitlin Olson in general as The Mick has really started to differentiate itself from being Dee: The Series and her character is starting to gain some emotional depth. She nailed the serious scenes and was pretty terrifying when she went Terminator mode on the kids. The Mick has some flaws (Not a fan of Chip and the decision to give him so many storylines where he's by himself), but has been constantly good. I hope it gets renewed as it has been Fox's highest rated Tuesday show.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

I saw the ending coming to a degree as far as
having the daughter in the audience but the delivery was perfect especially the line about her having her finger in his asshole.
Totally died laughing.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The Mick got renewed for a second season. Great for Kaitlin.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Didn't see the latest one, but the PTSDee episode is the best of the season and is in my top five for the entire series.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I thought last night's was great as well. A very heartfelt and oddly touching episode for this show. Still had some funny moments like the new Dee and everything Frank did or said, but it was a different episode.

It seems like Charlie and Dee are totally banging now. I took her laughing at his song after visibly being in near tears as not wanting to look weak in front of the gang since I remember her not being able to cry on command in Sweet Dee Gets Audited. That scene was amazingly acted by Olson.

And Glenn Howerton's acting at the end was fantastic. Dennis finally having feelings was a great character moment

Probably one of the better acted episodes all around with Kaitlin, Glenn, and Charlie all killing it. Best season since 9.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

This week's episode was my favorite of the season so far. New Dee and Mac buying Dennis an RPG were perfect.

I also checked out The Mick. Not a great show but a decent way to kill a half hour.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The all cricket episode might be my least favorite episode of the series. I predicted the twist right away and their weren't many laughs. It felt like total filler that in the end really didn't tell you anything you didn't know about cricket. It was also barely seventeen minutes long which is nearly the length of an Adult Swim show.

Next week looks fantastic though and should be a great ending to a really good season.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

Yeah, the twist was easy to call early but I was wondering if we were going to get a lot of episodes in this style this year seeing half the main cast is so busy with other projects.

Have been fast-forwarding through previews to go in fresh each week. Sad how quick the finale always seems to come each year.