Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Jeopardy (the television game show) thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fuck that. That failed insurrection was a line in the sand. If you can't disavow right wing extremism after that, then you're part of the problem. This isn't about trying to play it down the middle between the two sides with differing views, it's about letting people know you're not with the racist fascists.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think he’s doing a week. And they waited until after he recorded his episodes to announce it, which tells me they knew backlash was coming.

“Oh, should we have not done that? Whoopsie!”

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I suppose if you want to make the primetime specials more of an event, it makes some sense but this completely just feels like they wanted to keep their guy they had all along in house and appease the fan base in some manner.

edit: not to be a @King Kamala here but not a good look to have the white guy in charge essentially pick himself.

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Will Bialik even have enough time for this? Her sitcom was renewed for a second season. She's gonna be busy!

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I initially didn't mind him as the pick because I thought he came across well on the episodes (not knowing about how terrible his week was from a production standpoint), but the more stuff came out the more I was hoping he'd get dropped. Glad to see it.

Assuming he was serious about taking the job, Aaron Rodgers was the obvious choice from the guest hosts. Although it's disappointing that Alex's pick in Laura Coates was never considered.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you already championed Bialik as the primetime host, you might as well just make her the permanent all around host unless she didn’t want that position.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I read somewhere that gave Bialik the primetime spot cause she couldn't commit to doing the daily version of the show.

LeVar Burton is definitely hovering Sony Pictures Television's office rn.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In all fairness, the fan base around Burton is probably a bigger deterrent for him than it is a positive.

Sony is fucking weird.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
2021 is so messed up that I'm rooting against LeVar Burton cause of his (mildly) toxic fanbase. Unreal.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Burton was really bad. I understand he only had one day and his nerves were probably wrecked. But if that was a job interview, he failed.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
From a production standpoint Burton and Richards were by far the worst hosts, requiring a ton of reshoots and both days going about 4 hours longer than normal.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly I know he had minor CANCEL HIM buzz earlier but just go with Ken Jennings. It’s who Alex wanted anyways and he was quite capable at it.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Burton was really bad. I understand he only had one day and his nerves were probably wrecked. But if that was a job interview, he failed.
As a big fan of Burton, he was awful and just did not fit at all as the host. I'm not sad that he (should) not be the full-time host.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Just hire this guy...

2dfdce1262fbe13596d52ac5f5c557191a523983.jpg

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’m more surprised that he’s out as host or that he’s staying on as EP. I don’t understand why either side would want him to continue in that role after this debacle.

It would be interesting to know which guest hosts were actually auditioning for the permanent gig and which ones were just doing it as a one-off. Some were open about it one way or the other, but many weren’t.