Jon Jones in trouble again, stripped of title

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
lolol.gif

Just Call Me Dan

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Paper champion is only used because of Jones' legit aura of invincibility.

Those other examples differ because GSP got beat up and Cruz is injury laden.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ViciousFish said:
I hate the "paper champion" argument. No one's calling Lawler or Dillishaw paper champions.

Totally different circumstances. GSP was stepping away from the sport for god knows how long and in the case of Cruz not only did they not have a timetable for his return but it was unfair for Barao.

There was pretty much no reason for UFC to strip Jones. They've created interim titles over a lot less.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
ViciousFish said:
I hate the "paper champion" argument. No one's calling Lawler or Dillishaw paper champions.

Totally different circumstances. GSP was stepping away from the sport for god knows how long and in the case of Cruz not only did they not have a timetable for his return but it was unfair for Barao.

There was pretty much no reason for UFC to strip Jones. They've created interim titles over a lot less.

Cruz was stripped due to injury. Which took too long. Jones is a fucking criminal. They simply do not want him representing the company as a champion right now. I fully support this.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Jones will get the same deal as Johnson. After time passes they'll treat him just like they used to. Dana runs the UFC like the fans have no memory.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Soooo.....you fully support UFC stripping Jones because he's a criminal but you're also fine with AJ assuming the throne despite multiple domestic violence incidents?

?

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Well AJ was at least released from UFC and had to work his way back, no? Or was he released simply for losing fights/not making weight?

I don't think anyone is going to deny Zuffa's hypocrisy & double, no, triple standards when it comes to fighter behavior, but when it finally seems like they do something semi-correct it should be applauded.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AJ was suspended for domestic violence and reinstated when the civil suit was dropped.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Jones has been given more chances because he draws money. It's a double standard, but it is what it is.

Johnson's case was dismissed wasn't it?

Either way. I'm ok with guys getting second chances, but not right away. I'm perfectly fine with Jones coming back and competing at a high level after some time has passed.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
Right. Jones will be back, and as long as he works hard he will probably remain dominant at LHW unless that ship has sailed by the time he is back and needs to move to HW, but again that is his fault.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/4/8547845/manager-jon-jones-may-never-return-to-mma

Would be a damn shame if this was the case but it makes sense.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's no way Jones walks away. This is just spin to get everyone more excited when he returns.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The Snake said:
lol i'll be shocked if he spends more than a month in jail, and I'm sure he won't spend any time at all.

Jon Jones leaves court a free man. No felony. No fines or fees. Ordered to make 72 appearances for youth outreach.

Jon Jones, before an Albuquerque judge, received no jail time; gets supervised probation for up to 18 months.

theboywhoknewtoomuch6_thumb.png

ahhh

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
It's funny that I've done a complete 180 since the last time, but I'm rooting for the 70s outlaw throwback HEY DC JON GOT HIS SHIT TOGETHER HES COMIN

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The former UFC light heavyweight champion pleaded guilty on a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident and was granted a conditional discharge by Judge Charles Brown in Bernalillo County Second Judicial District Court on Tuesday. Jones was given 18 months of supervised probation.

Brown required Jones to make 72 appearances doing work with charity and speaking with children. Once the probation period is over, Jones will be re-sentenced per the terms of a conditional discharge. He has not been convicted of a felony and likely will not be if he fulfills the terms of his probation.

more details, probably won't end up with a record.

CQFPi4MUwAAc2pY.jpg

looks older without the facial hair.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's got the Lindsay Lohan probation. Considering the people he surrounds himself with I don't have high hopes of him passing 18 months of random drug and alcohol tests.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If I'm Jackson and Winkeljohn I'm gonna assign somebody that I implicitly trust to be at his side 24/7 and report on anything they see that might be suspect.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That would be smart and they probably will but Bones is a fucking idiot. How many wake up calls and second chances does he get/need?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I can see why people would be skeptical, but nothing was as publicly humiliating as this slip-up was, plus he's older now. I think he stays out of trouble for the rest of his career.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, but if he got away with little more than a slap on the wrist what's to keep him from continuing to do stupid shit if he knows he can get away with it?

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It puts the UFC in a shit situation too because even if he fucks up again they'll have to deal with it because no way they cut him and allow Bellator to pick him up.