Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Jon Jones in trouble again, stripped of title

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This guy's his own worst enemy. He's back in jail. A warrant was issued for breaching his probation and he turned himself in.

Why was his probation breached? Because of the drag racing citation. Get him a fucking driver.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He can't get a court appearance until tomorrow so he's stuck in jail. The schadenfreude. It feels so good it hurts.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's on the short list for most talented fuck up in recent sports history. I'm not talking mma here, sports period.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And now he's been moved out of general population "for his own safety". I'm honestly surprised he was in general population to begin with.

Staff member
Reaction score
Jones is going to have a different probation set and the DC rematch is still on.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Yeah at this point the rest of Jones's career is about whether he really wants this life bad enough to stay out of trouble. Does he care? Who knows. Makes you wonder what else he was getting away with before that was unreported because the way all these small things keep happening, tends to make you think it didn't just start recently.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bones got anger management courses, driver improvement classes and he needs his probation officer's permission to drive.

He'll be back in jail in a month.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's actually pretty incredible that he's managed to become the LHW GOAT and a top five of all time with all this shit going on in his personal life. Talk about a guy who knows when to focus on the task at hand.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
It's actually pretty incredible that he's managed to become the LHW GOAT and a top five of all time with all this shit going on in his personal life. Talk about a guy who knows when to focus on the task at hand.

I agree with this. With the timeline of beating Bader, stepping in for the title shot and cleaning out the division until the troubles of the last year makes me think his biggest challenge is just getting down to 205 on fight night because he does seem to have an unbelievable focus once it's fight time.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
"I’m upset because he’s a young kid who has some insecurity, but he’s a good kid," "The Spider" told the media in Curitiba, Brazil, while promoting UFC 198. "I think the UFC should have some training for these young talents they have, those potential new champions, the UFC should train them so they can deal with this thing of victories, money, fame. They should do this. Like some soccer teams do today."

Silva didn’t watch the officer’s body camera footage that shows Jones calling the police officer a "pig", and heard about his arrest through his son.

"I was really upset," Silva said. "My son Kalyl, a big fan of his, was the one to give me the news. He’s a huge fan. He cries and everything when he watches him fight. I was upset for my son. My son is a fan, and (Jones) has many other fans. It’s tough because he’s a big friend and a big idol, and I’m sorry that that’s happening with him again."

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ariel is running with the story as well so it sounds like the fight IS off. It's the Mighty Mouse curse. Never schedule that guy for a co-main. Something goes wrong every time.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
UFC is in a tough spot here. If they take Jones off the card the buy rate dies but assuming DC is good for UFC 200 it might be too tempting to load that card the fuck up and have it as the main or co-main.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They're taking Jones off the card. There's no way they're wasting his return fight on anything but a title fight.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow. Good on him.

I imagine he probably wants to add something to the bank account.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Just found this quote:

MMA Roasted ‏@MMARoasted 28m28 minutes ago

Anthony Johnson said he's staying ready if DC or Jones gets hurt. (30 minutes in) on the Podcast

BJ Penn dot com says AJ vs Rumble is 'reportedly official', whatever that means.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 17m17 minutes ago

Another name emerges ... According to sources, Rashad Evans is interested in fighting Jon Jones on 4/23.
90 retweets 146 likes
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 25m25 minutes ago

All very fluid at the moment but I would cross Rumble Johnson off your wish list. Multitude of reasons but he's no longer a top option.
121 retweets 122 likes
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 49m49 minutes ago

According to sources close to Ovince St. Preux, he would be ready and willing to fight Jon Jones on 4/23. Standing by ...
129 retweets 200 likes

Staff member
Reaction score
Jones/OSP is a great fight given OSP's strength and body type, it presents a problem for Jones he hasn't had to deal with since the Gus fight.

That being said, it's funny how dudes like Rumble talk about how they're ready and they really aren't. Wolf tickets.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You mean like how Aldo would fight Conor "anywhere, anytime" until he was actually offered the fight?

Drives me crazy. If you're going to play that card, back it up.