Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Just Close Your Eyes! AEW is EXPLODING into Spring 2021!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
You are hitting someone as hard as you can in a vulnerable area. That's both more realistic and more interesting than SO many choreographed sequences that wind up ignoring any psychology repeated until it gets the dramatic pin, which IS what a great deal of matches come down to on the big US stage. This is the kind of thing I want more of.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I think for his debut, there's nothing wrong with doing this. It helps him come off as a badass, and even gets the punch over as something that could, and should, be feared. So far all we know about him is what we've been told by the commentators, and that he is a really good talker. Going forward, we're going to want to see more out of him.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's all context too. I'd agree it's a terrible finish 9 times out of 10 and I wouldn't say it's good cause I agree with @alkeiper that it looked kind of wonky but it's serviceable as a TV squash match debut and not worth the inevitable 2 or 3 pages worth of discussion ITT!

Valeyard

Reaction score
I mean think of the psychology you'd have from an opponent. A career of being hit by guys who theoretically rock you as it is is daunting in general, but now you have to protect your whole body and try to find a way to avoid getting a punch thrown at you altogether.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's all context too. I'd agree it's a terrible finish 9 times out of 10 and I wouldn't say it's good cause I agree with @alkeiper that it looked kind of wonky but it's serviceable as a TV squash match debut and not worth the inevitable 2 or 3 pages worth of discussion ITT!
It's more jarring here than it would be in, say, Battlarts, or whatever. I think that's the argument I'm trying to make here.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I like that aspect, though. Dude's no joke. No superkick parties that don't even hurt people, no comically complicated and contrived dives, no perpetual near falls from murder moves. This guy will wipe you out if you don't have exactly the right plan of attack and even then nothing is certain. Then when you get the big kickout or stand up or what have you, it will make a superstar (unless they have a shitty neck tat). I love the idea of, for comparison's sake, dropping a Chuck Liddell guy in 2004 TNA.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
I know AEW has signed too many people. But, Mickie James as a stabilizing force in the women's division is so needed.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Mickie is worth cutting a good chunk of the joshi workers for. But then so are a bag of Sour Patch Kids.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Thank god. I was worried they were losing momentum over the past 6 weeks.

Can they get to 1.4 million for Blood and Guts?

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Oh man. This is probably one of the matches I'm most looking forward to.

This might be my favorite lineup ever for a Dynamite. Nothing huge like Mox vs. Omega. But, everything looks good to great:

* AEW TNT Champion Darby Allin defends against Jungle Boy

* AEW Women’s World Champion Hikaru Shida defends against Tay Conti

* Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Christian Cage

* Hangman Page (11-match win streak, 7 straight singles wins) vs. Ricky Starks (10 straight singles wins, 9-1 in last 10 overall)

* Trent vs. Penta El Zero Miedo

Last edited:

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This would be a good time to pull the trigger on a women’s title change. Britt Baker is probably the most over act in the division, but Tay Conti has been rising fast, and either of them would be more interesting than Shida at this point. It’s time.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Remove Trent and this is a really fun card. They need to pull the trigger on Jungle Jack before he gets swallowed up and I don't think Darby's in a place where the loss would hurt him much.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Just don't care for him and find him annoying.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He would be so much serviceable if he was just another guy but associating him with the rest of the group gives him severe go away heat that he probably doesn’t deserve but he chose to align with those idiots.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Matt Bloom did this a few years ago in NXT. He rented a movie theater for a private screening of Hacksaw Ridge for the locker room. My guess as to why a Jew wanted a private screening of a film directed by Mel Gibson is as good as anyone's!

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is common with team sports or businesses in general.

War based movies like Hacksaw Ridge are very popular from coaches to show to the team because all the themes and that bullshit.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Where the hell did the Elite go? They were in the freaking bus 30 seconds before.