Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Just when you think 2020 can’t get any worse...

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Unless it has Frasier Crane getting a TV deal and having to tape at 30 Rock, hard pass.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm okay with never watching Alec Baldwin in anything again ever so this will be worse than when Kelsey Grammer was paired up with Martin Lawrence.

Of course we live in a world where a show with Danny DeVito and Jeff Goldblum starring never gains any traction while a show with these two assholes gets picked up.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Do we really want to celebrate the movie that forced Gene Hackman into retirement because he was so embarrassed those were the movies he was reduced to doing, HQ?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Do we really want to celebrate the movie that forced Gene Hackman into retirement because he was so embarrassed those were the movies he was reduced to doing, HQ?
*Looks at Kelsey Grammar being cast* Well...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you told me 2000 me or even 2010 me that I'd be dreading a Kelsey Grammar-Alec Baldwin team up, I'd be...kind of surprised but not really.

I think Alec Baldwin is #1 on my list of actors that need to pull a post Welcome to Mooseport Gene Hackman and just go away. I think the horrible Trump impression and him just being an ass IRL have poisoned his career. Just do NPR and voiceover stuff so I don't have to see his stupid smug face.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah other than his terrible beyond belief Trump impression I don't really hate Baldwin. I was actually a big fan of his in the late 80s/early 90s. He was an awesome SNL host. He's actually a pretty decent interviewer as well on his podcast.

I haven't cared about Grammar since about 1993

Anyway this show sounds horrible of course

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If you told me 2000 me or even 2010 me that I'd be dreading a Kelsey Grammar-Alec Baldwin team up, I'd be...kind of surprised but not really.

I think Alec Baldwin is #1 on my list of actors that need to pull a post Welcome to Mooseport Gene Hackman and just go away. I think the horrible Trump impression and him just being an ass IRL have poisoned his career. Just do NPR and voiceover stuff so I don't have to see his stupid smug face.
He needs to just do his weird podcast where he interviews such luminaries like the director of a film Alec loves, practices, and worships.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcast...des/delightful-deviant-behind-human-centipede

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You know I thought I would have no interest in an Alec Baldwin interview podcast in 2020 but you and @strummer may have talked me into it. List of guests looks intriguing (not The Human Centipede deviant!)

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He interviewed Paul McCartney on John Lennon's 80th birthday and I thought it was pretty good. But I'm a sucker for stuff like that

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Now I think Frasier trying to adapt to the world of podcasting and streaming services has some merit. Baldwin going all Glengarry Glenross as the evil John Spotify trying to humble him. Frasier may be listening, but John will always be closing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That is weird cause my reaction to Alec Baldwin and Kelsey Grammar being in a new sitcom in 2020 is justifiably "Hell no" but Baldwin playing the antagonist in a Frasier reboot...I could get behind that tbh.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like to imagine he spends half the show chasing Roz around the studio.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thomas Middleditch and Amy Schumer is a no automatically for me. But then the plot is a DEAR GOD I AM NEVER WATCHING THIS for me.

Man he's the worst and all, but I'm sure 80 year old Trump supporter Kelsey Grammer could get a smirk out of me being bewildered at Alec Baldwin on The Odd Couple reboot. This sounds like the least funny thing ever.

Last edited:

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sarah Silverman has been vocal about being against "cancel culture" so not surprised she's involved. This sounds dreadful of course

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thomas Middleditch and Amy Schumer is a no automatically for me. But then the plot is a DEAR GOD I AM NEVER WATCHING THIS for me.

Man he's the worst and all, but I'm sure 80 year old Trump supporter Kelsey Grammer could get a smirk out of me being bewildered at Alec Baldwin on The Odd Couple reboot. This sounds like the least funny thing ever.
Twitter informs me that Kelsey Grammer is "only" 66" today. That puts him somewhere around 27-28 when he debuted on Cheers. That blows my mind a bit as he apparently had the John Tenta/Arn Anderson syndrome of looking 40 years old very early in life.
Man, TSM has been kind of like a mid '90s ECW show lately.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I do that on purpose some times to make fun of actors I don't like personally. Exaggerating ages can be amusing to me and I do it a lot in the chat you don't go in brutha.

But, more importantly he could probably drag a laugh out of me more than this Chevy Chase Cancel Culture show would.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone wanting to see Chevy Chase do anything except maybe a brief Vacation reunion after he blew that sweet Community gig 10 years ago. Idk if there's any non racist/sex pervert actor I'd rather see less.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Chevy did a really bad Vacation reunion with Beverly D'Angelo in that horrific Vacation reboot from like 5 years ago. He looked really bad and seemed to be slurring. Any comedic timing he had was completely gone.

Bruce Willis is probably the only one for me that hasn't been outed for anything truly evil yet. I actually liked Chevy on the 3 seasons of Community I've watched, but after he blew it and the way he treated the cast, I don't want to see him do anything else the rest of his career.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bruce Willis is probably the only one for me that hasn't been outed for anything truly evil yet.
He is apparently a massive clueless and conceited ass but I haven't heard anything about him doing anything genuinely evil. Although there was that flap up of him getting kicked out of a Rite Aid for refusing to wear a mask last month but again, I think that was more because he's dumb and vain than being an anti masker.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't remember if there was any racism involved in his big blowup with Kevin Smith and Tracey Morgan on the set of Cop Out or if he was just a jerk.

But with Willis, I just don't like his one facial expression or his voice. And besides some movies in the last 10-15 years where you remember that he can be very good like Looper or Moonrise Kingdom, I just don't want to watch anything he is in anymore. He doesn't have the charm of Travolta or Cage or Cusack if I want to watch a former big star do a Direct to Streaming movie.

Chase was mostly confined to dog Christmas movies I believe before this 41st attempt at a comeback.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I almost wrote Advance Auto Parts. When you don't drive, ability to distinguish chain auto parts stores becomes Die quite Hhard

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
I can't remember if there was any racism involved in his big blowup with Kevin Smith and Tracey Morgan on the set of Cop Out or if he was just a jerk.

But with Willis, I just don't like his one facial expression or his voice. And besides some movies in the last 10-15 years where you remember that he can be very good like Looper or Moonrise Kingdom, I just don't want to watch anything he is in anymore. He doesn't have the charm of Travolta or Cage or Cusack if I want to watch a former big star do a Direct to Streaming movie.

Chase was mostly confined to dog Christmas movies I believe before this 41st attempt at a comeback.
The thing about Willis is that with the exception of "Moonrise Kingdom" and "Looper", he hasn't even tried to deliver a good performance in years. He seems bored most of the time, and probably just wants to retire. Guys like Travolta and Cage have largely been in shitty VOD movies nowadays, and even then Cage can still pop up in something cool ("Joe", "Mom and Dad", "Mandy" and "Color Out of Space" are all worth checking out if you haven't) and something like "The Fanatic" is undeniably awful, but also has Travolta at least trying to do something with his performance. It's not a good one, but it's more effort than Willis gives nowadays.

Last edited:

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think in general though, I just find those guys more entertaining to watch especially now. Travolta especially is a much worse actor than Willis imo, but he's oddly entertaining. Bruce Willis when he tries is a very good actor, but Cage and Travolta can be weird forces of nature you want to watch even when they are in something bad. Willis never really had that dynamic of a personality.