Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Justice League movie

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: Justice League movie to shoot next year - release Summer 2015

It's too bad Nolan turned down producing it. I wonder if he's just burnt out on Superhero stuff.. I kinda wish he'd get the same deal that Whedon got due to the mega-success of the Avengers. The guy is pretty much Marvel's movie/tv overlord now.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Nolan would make it too dark and pseudo-introspective. The Justice League is supposed to be light and fun. I hope they go in that direction. Seeing six brooding superheros would definitely be overkill.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score

Rocket Raccoon is still making it to film first.

That said, I'm pumped. Can't wait for a cast announcement.

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Curious if they'll have Green Lantern there after the disastrous 2011 film. They could just use Rayner or Stewart to distance themselves from the previous film and effectively reboot the character without having to do another individual movie.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Justice League movie to shoot next year - release Summer 2015

It's probably in they best interest to use this movie to reboot all of the characters. Except maybe Superman.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score

Thinking about this film being a reboot for all the characters as dubq suggests... that seems like it would be a huge trainwreck. I just don't see anyway it would play out other than a chaotic mess.

Reaction score

Yeah, I think rebooting everyone in one movie is a bad idea; they'd have to spend all the time explaining characters, and they'd have like, no time for cool stuff.

That's part of why I liked Avengers so much - we already knew who they all were, so they just jumped right into the action.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

I think with how much money Avengers made we all knew a Justice League movie was inevitable, but I wish they wouldn't rush it like this and actually took there time to make it a good movie like Avengers.

cheex incarnate

Integral Poster
Reaction score

What would have made the most sense is going ahead with the Nolan produced Superman, followed up by a Superman/Batman movie (with Bale). Copying Marvel's Avengers won't work just like copying Iron Man didn't work for Green Lantern. Especially when there isn't almost 5 years of post credit hype. Also, nobody cares about the Flash.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score

I care about The Flash :-\

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score

I even have the TV series on DVD!

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Justice League movie to shoot next year - release Summer 2015

Bob Sacamano said:
Thinking about this film being a reboot for all the characters as dubq suggests... that seems like it would be a huge trainwreck. I just don't see anyway it would play out other than a chaotic mess.
I was thinking just make it Bats an Supes teaming up as the catalyst for a team. We know their history and then intro the new members as the movie progresses. Though even without a reboot I don't see how this couldn't be a train wreck either way ;)

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Bob Sacamano said:
I even have the TV series on DVD!
Ditto. The TV series was great for what it was.

In any case, they need to have the Justice League Big 3 in the movie, or it just doesn't work (see: the JLA TV Pilot). The Marvel guys seemed to realize this and thus they took their time to establish their Big 3 before filming Avengers. Warner, I just don't see them having the patience to do that.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score

Marvel built up Avengers with individual movies for Iron Man, Thor and Captain America that all teased the team up

DC won't have Bale playing Batman (basically the equivalent of having to replace Downey Jr. in Avengers), will have a re-booted Superman and nobody knows how audiences and critics will take to Man of Steel.......Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman will be unknown quantities.....and Green Lantern was an epic flop

I don't see how this could possibly live up to expectations and all the money they'll end up pouring into it

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I can't help but feel that the ship has sailed at this point. A live action Justice League isn't nearly as intriguing a concept now that The Avengers has become such an enormous success. Especially if it comes off as half-assed as it appears at this point. Dead Man is right. The appeal of The Avengers is that we got to see these guys in their own films with years of build up before they finally came together as a team. Nothing like that had ever been done on film, or at least hadn't been done since the monster mashups of the 40s. There was a real novelty there that Justice League can't possibly match now that it has been done.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I refrained from posting that until we get something more official. But since it's here now... It's weird. I love JGL and yeah they had a blockbuster movie that would tie it together...but Batman going forward not being Bruce Wayne? No man...no. That said...if Man of Steel has a post credit sequence of JGL meeting with Oldman's Gordon under the BatSignal about a problem that ties into the JL movie? Yeah I would love that.

The one good thing is that it caused some people to confront what they didn't understand about the end of Rises. I've seen a fair amount of "Wait...isn't he Robin" stuff online. Because apparently Bruce left a Robin signal for Gordon to call on Robin in the Robin cave. They only threw in that his given name was Robin to have Nolan show how he WOULD use a Robin character in his world. Not some faggy teen acrobat wearing bright clothes...but as the successor to Batman since the movie world, or real world even, isn't the comic world and the same dude can't be Batman for 75 years.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The Justice League needs Bruce Wayne not John Robin Blake. Just no, you can't go that direction. And if you just make him Bruce Wayne, I don't see that working too well either. This project is already limping and it just started.

If they get him to play someone else? Maybe. But as Bruce Wayne? I'm not seeing it.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score

They could have him play Nightwing and have a brief conversation between Nightwing and Batman where he talks about a strange dream he had the other night...

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

I don't like JGL as it is, so having him in the movie and not as Bruce Wayne...wow. Good thing I like Superman more than Batman. Not excited for this movie at all so far though.

Laz

Reaction score

...everything about you is wrong, good sir.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score

If they throw enough money at him, Bale can come in towards the end of a JL movie as Batman and kick ass.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Bale will only ever be Batman for Nolan

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Not to mention, how many fights did Bale's Batman actually win? Because I sort of remember Batman getting his ass kicked a lot in those movies.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

2GOLD said:
The Justice League needs Bruce Wayne not John Robin Blake.
It doesn't if it's connected to the universe that Nolan has created.

Laz

Reaction score

2GOLD said:
Not to mention, how many fights did Bale's Batman actually win? Because I sort of remember Batman getting his ass kicked a lot in those movies.
The only one he actually lost was the first fight with Bane. He was closing to losing the second one, too, but then CatwomanSelina Kyle showed up and shot a grenade in Bane's face to end it.

Punch Rockgroin

Very Active Poster
Reaction score

So Darkseid was announced as the villain for the JLA movie, according to IGN.

I'm pretty meh on this while project even though I loved the animated series. Seems like a train wreck.