Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Justice League movie

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score

Between this and "Joker", I'm pretty certain that everyone making something DC related in Hollywood knows of the "We Live in a Society" meme and is fulling embracing it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had no idea what people were talking about with the “We Live in a Society” meme and now that I looked it up, I feel like a worse person for doing so.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
If I wasn’t already sick enough of hearing all this SNYDER CUT nonsense, I think I’d be pushed over the edge now that they are releasing Jesus Joker pictures

leto-joker-christ.jpg

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This just feels like the wrong time for all this shit. This all feels stuck in the late 00's/early 2010's. I thought Snyder went through all his Jesus allegories with Superman already anyway.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
If Snyder hadn’t had the tragedy, and Whedon didn’t take over... it would have been about the same movie we already got. Just a little less competently made. I’m sure none of this crap was every in the works, but he feels like he had to damn near remake the thing to justify the whole “Snyder cut” nonsense.

I feel like I’m going to have to see this shitshow now.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
This just feels like the wrong time for all this shit. This all feels stuck in the late 00's/early 2010's. I thought Snyder went through all his Jesus allegories with Superman already anyway.
Hey, man... if Tarantino can ride his foot fetish stuff in every movie then Snyder can roll with his JESUS imagery too.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
So, it's getting better reviews than I (or probably anyone) expected. I'm still going into it with a dose of skepticism, but I'm also not dreading it as much.

I'm no fan of Snyder's, and his politics don't seem to usually align with mine (he wants to do an adaptation of "The Fountainhead"), but it amuses me that people thought he was some sort of far right wing crank (I mean, he endorsed Joe Biden). At the very least, he doesn't strike me as a bad person-just someone whose movies I usually don't care for. I'm okay with that.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
So, it's getting better reviews than I (or probably anyone) expected. I'm still going into it with a dose of skepticism, but I'm also not dreading it as much.

Is it, though? I mean, has anybody given the SnyderCut a positive review that was negative/on the fence about it, before it was released? I ask because, going by what I've heard, the only people giving it high marks are reviewers who went into it already on the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut train. How many reviewers have been, like, "You know what? I thought that this was going to be trash, and I was wrong. It's way better than I thought it would be!"?

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it, though? I mean, has anybody given the SnyderCut a positive review that was negative/on the fence about it, before it was released? I ask because, going by what I've heard, the only people giving it high marks are reviewers who went into it already on the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut train. How many reviewers have been, like, "You know what? I thought that this was going to be trash, and I was wrong. It's way better than I thought it would be!"?

Exactly. Some of these movie fans are like cult members. I saw people go to bat for Avengers 2 and Star Wars IX the same way.

Reaction score
Finished watching. It’s good, imo. Cyborg got fucked over in the theatrical release, and now he truly is the heart of the story. The character building in the first two hours was methodical in a good way, and I actually enjoyed it more than the last two hours which had some nice action packed scenes.

People want this and that and universe and whatever, but as a stand-alone movie, very enjoyable, just really long (which I know is a result of rushing a movie about 6 heroes in the first place).

Oh yeah and the new score is waaaaaay better.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are SPOILERS in this because 1. This is basically the same movie that came out YEARS ago and 2. It talks about things for movies that will NEVER come out.

I watched it and eh...it's a very very slight improvement over the Whedon version. Which means it is still not a very good movie. a 5.5 of 10 instead of a 5 (and I am a very easy grader).

The movie is so dark and washed out. Which of course, it IS Snyder but my god it makes it hard to watch. And I have to disagree about the score with BZ. I thought it was hilariously bad. Anytime Wonder Woman breathes *Soaring epic female power vocal*! Several times this funny power metal thrumming starts up like theres going to be some huge badass fight scene only for it to fade out for TALKING!

The additional footage is nice and I agree that it helps Cyborg in particular but there is way too much of it. It takes 2 hours to get them all together in the same space.

At the end of the day Flash is still an annoying comedy character. Wonder Woman does nothing interesting the entire movie (great moment at the end aside), Aquaman gets his shirt sniffed by a bunch of Icelandic woman, Superman is an unapproachable god figure who will abandon humanity if his woman gets killed.

Speaking of which, the storyboards for Snyders planned 2nd and 3rd JL movies are out there and oh boy. I asume everyone noticed the pregnancy test in Lois's drawer? well it turns out she fucked Bruce and got prego in the incredibly brief time Supes was dead. She lies and says its Supes and then Darkseid murders her in the batcave which "breaks" superman and lets darkseid mindcontrol him (because Superman is that pathetic and only cares about one person in the universe). Most of the other characters die as we see in the epilogue and then in the 3rd movie you get the time travel BS and this time Batman sacrifies himself when he finds out it was his kid.

And when Clark finds out that Lois fucked around on him he snaps again but thats how we set the next trilogy up!

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I liked it? I'm less negative than CWM was on it but I kind of equate it to Daredevil. It improved on the original but not enough to make it a great movie or anything (definitely not an 8.5 IMDB level). I liked a lot of the character-building early and felt the pacing was very strong actually. Once it hit the 2:30 mark and they bring back Superman, the pacing seemed to kind of fall off a little and the length started to take its toll more.

The Barry Allen character was fine for me. He was younger than the others and was a needed contrast personality-wise to their characters. Also compared to BvS, the movie's color/lightness was way better than I anticipated. The character of Cyborg definitely got the most development and that was worth it to me.

2017 Justice League = 5/10. 2021 Zack Snyder's Justice League = 7/10.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Barry Allen is 2 years older than Cyborg (I looked it up) and is 23 years old and acts like every stock comedy guy. I don't want to nitpick this movie any more but I really should have given it and the first movie a lower rating tbh.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
To be honest, I have a hard time watching Ezra in this and Fantastic Beasts without thinking of his character in Trainwreck.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Alright, Snyder Cut Justice is Gray version (black and white) dropped today. Which version do we get next week? A fully red version with another three hours of new footage?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was gonna say he ruined his career to me when he played one of the creepiest and unsettling film characters I've ever seen in We Need To Talk About Kevin. Can't buy him at all as a quipmaster.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
@King Kamala hitting me with negative reactions every time I make fun of the black and white cut. Did not expect him to be such a Snyder fan. Must love that black and white 300 too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm just negative reacting the idea of those cuts. I should stick to my old method of not negative reacting anything outside of Current Events or someone being outed for being a creep.