Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's KISS Korner

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
46th anniversary of Dressed To Kill. C'mon, man.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have a show that night but I have very little if any interest in seeing the current lineup again although it appears that Starchild's voice is sounding marginally better given the unexpected time off. Also DLR was supposed to be the opening act and isn't anymore but his voice is even more shot than Starchild's.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
E-I-7USXMAUrjeb

(to tune of "Christine Sixteen")
COV-EEED NINE-TEEN

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also this looks like fake news. KISS is already on hiatus until at least 9/9 anyway while Paul Stanley is cleared of HIS case of COVID-19. Also Gene Simmons is strongly pro vaccination. When I Google News searched Gene, all of the results were interviews with him where he shitttalked right wing politicians in Florida and Texas and said there should be vaccine mandates.

(to the tune of "Christine Sixteen")

MANDATE VACCINES!

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

Who knew a band that hasn't done anything worthwhile in two decades isn't a draw in Vegas?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the Farewell Tour has done marginally better than KISS' tours from the past 10 years but this current lineup is not something people are gonna travel from all over the country to see. MAYBE a Vegas residency could work if it was the originals but that's not going to happen for a variety of reasons.

Also Ace has become a fun social media follow lately, posting about his colorful socks collection and random sci-fi movies he's watching. Does he think he's Minoru Suzuki? Almost enough to distract me from remembering that he's a MAGA guy now.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just found out Jean Beauvoir,who co-wrote two of my favorite non makeup era songs ("Who Wants to Be Lonely" and "Uh! All Night") and produced The Ramones Animal Boy and "Pet Semetary" plus sang the theme song to Cobra, is releasing an autobiography next month.

(He's probably known most as a member of Plasmatics or Little Stevie collaborator but he's most known as '80s KISS/Ramones sidekick TO ME)

My gut feeling is it will be a great great book. Story of a Haitian-American punk rocker who grew up to work with both of Queens greatest rock bands during career lowpoints and Stallone!? Sign me up! Pre ordering a copy as soon as I get paid.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just found out the existence of this unreleased music video from Music From "The Elder yesterday. This is the height of unintentional comedy. Like the type of music video Jimmy Fallon and Paul Rudd "parody" on The Tonight Show. Crowd bobbing their heads and singing and dancing along seems like something more out of a Wham! music video. Call me a rockist if you want but there shouldn't be CHOREOGRAPHED FINGER SNAPPING IN A KISS VIDEO!

More music videos should end with the audience hoisting the band on their shoulders in triumph. I feel bad for whoever had to hold up drunken Ace.

cc @Mickey Massuco . You should see this if you haven't.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also I did an Elder relisten yesterday and I never really realized what a great album it is for Gene. He's far and away the MVP and really carries the load while Paul is flailing away (literally seen in video above). "Mr. Blackwell" might be the most underrated Demon song. He also crushes it on "Only You" and "Under The Rose". "A World Without Heroes" might be one of the most divisive songs in the KISS canon but objectively speaking, he nails what they're trying to go for.

In short, he totally fits in and seems very comfortable among the faux pretentiousness of the album while everyone else is horribly out of place. "Dark Light" is fun though.