Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jericho getting all the spots Benoit did is an interesting idea. Or what would happen when Lance Storm came in, for that matter. I never thought about the options of Jericho hanging around until the end. Legit think he and Sid could've had some great matches.
I wish we had seen Jericho cut a promo on SID.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If Jericho could get a good match out of 2003 Kevin Nash (Mind you I think Nash has had flashes since 2003 like his weirdly fun TNA run, but 2003 Nash stunk), he could get a good match out of 1999/2000 Sid.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Agreed 1000% . I think that special is direction that WCW should have gone in. I think WCW could have done an updated Rock N Wrestling era for the late ‘90s and done so under the family friendly edict of Time Warner.

They had so many connections with music industry with them being under same umbrella as Warner Music Group and I think they did attempt it by bringing in Master P and KISS. And Idk how to best articulate it but it was one of those cases where they missed it by a little in one sense but just generally missed it by a lot. I think the problem is bringing in the WRONG music superstars and handling them poorly.

I think Kid Rock would have been an awesome pick for WCW to bring in regularly tbh but he probably was too risqué and not a big enough star for ‘99 Bischoff. Bischoff is other problem. He seems like the type of guy who thinks he is way hipper than he actually is (he occasionally tries to talk about hip hop on 83 Weeks lol) and that is the exact worst type of personality to drive a Rock N Wrestling type direction.
This is a fine idea if any of the music acts WCW or WWF had used showed any sign of moving ratings up or drawing $.

Until then Rhythm and Blues remain the highest grossing music act in wrestling history for headlining Wala Wala, Washington's Middle School against the Bushwackers on a C show in the spring of 1990. ***

*** Event may not exist.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
That's what I meant. Even the favorable comparison to WSX is ignoring that WSX didn't find an audience until it had been off the air for a year or two, and most of the DVD audience was out of morbid curiosity rather than it being a good product.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is a fine idea if any of the music acts WCW or WWF had used showed any sign of moving ratings up or drawing $.

Until then Rhythm and Blues remain the highest grossing music act in wrestling history for headlining Wala Wala, Washington's Middle School against the Bushwackers on a C show in the spring of 1990. ***

*** Event may not exist.
Like I said. I'm not defending how WCW actually did it or concept of music themed wrestlers in general. I'm just saying there's a way they could have used their music connections to fit with the product better- ala Wendi Ricther/Cyndi Lauper back in the '80s.

And I can't believe I'M bringing up The Brawl to End It All to YOU and not vice versa.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I made him a world champion in one of my EWR games before. That should count for something.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
O’Haire seemed special but the word was he was his own worst enemy.

Didn‘t it come out in recent years that random Piper pairing in WWE was because they rolled the ball with that gimmick and then he was too uncomfortable to do the talking himself?

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
He just wasn't a good promo, in general. He was serviceable when paired with Palumbo in WCW, or even just as part of the NBT altogether (since Sanders did most of the talking), but O'Haire's big thing was that a guy his size with his look was that agile. He's a guy who probably should've been released and told to work the indies/Japan for a couple years before coming back.

I mostly say this because the idea of O'Haire busting out a bottom rope Seanton in ROH or stiffing the fuck out of Shingo in Dragon Gate would have been the stuff of legends.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
O'Haire needed Heyman. He gets the same kind of protection from Heyman that Brock did, we'd be talking about how it's lame Impact brought him in to fight Shamrock. He'd at least have had the chance to be a castoff with the right people in his ear.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He could’ve and maybe should’ve been one of the hosses that Herman brought in to try and take down Brock in late ‘03. He was still on the roster till ‘04, I think.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
He could’ve and maybe should’ve been one of the hosses that Herman brought in to try and take down Brock in late ‘03. He was still on the roster till ‘04, I think.
Gyfx.gif

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Like how legit annoyed Scott at no nothing reporter is then he drops character to send sincere best wishes to Brian Hildebrand.

Also how the hell did Bischoff think QVC was a good cross promotional partner? Although I feel like WWF had tie in with the other home shopping network (which I think was just called Home Shopping Network?)

Lazgistics Supervisor

Reaction score
I remember the Glacier/Miller team lasting longer than it probably should have, but Miller was definitely at his best when he started doing the James Brown schtick. He is also my favorite on-air commissioner to date, and I loved when he was paying the Jung Dragons to attack him randomly backstage.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I made him a world champion in one of my EWR games before. That should count for something.
Ha I remember starting one of those what if WCW never died scenarios and my main event of what would've been Starrcade 2001 was Sean O'Haire vs Goldberg.

Also I've been going through all the WCW World War 3 Pay Per Views and The Cat was actually pretty athletic in 1997. He broke down pretty fast in 98/99 but I wonder if he would've been a better in ring worker if he came in like 91 or 92.

Last edited:

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Hey, that's an interesting thread: "Favorite on-air wrestling figureheads". Other than Mr. McMahon obviously, mine would probably be either Paul Heyman as Smackdown GM in '03-'04 or Regal as NXT GM.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One thing I can say about Tiffany's general manager run is I liked seeing her tits on Treme a few years later.

Last edited: