Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Alex Wright made me tolerate Disco.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Both should have sued, gotten their Time Warner money, and never be heard from again.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The idea that Bret Hart could go any measure of time without injecting his opinion on the business is more absurd than most of the batshit from Russo.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Harlem Heat's planned debut was so bad that even Bischoff seemed deeply and profoundly embarrassed by the idea when Conrad brought it up again on the Harlem Heat episode of 83 Weeks a few months back. Idea that blatantly racist and out of touch could have only come from Ric Flair. Was he already booking WCW in Fall of '93?

Last edited:

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
Ole was the lead booker at the time but Sid is allegedly the one who had the idea for the idea for "Col. Parker's Posse." Not sure where Kamala got the idea it was Flair unless Bischoff blamed him for it on the podcast. But Eric was (according to the Observer at the time) the one who saw them in their getup at the TV taping and shut it down immediately. They still came out with their prison shirts but not the chains but the match only aired overseas, I think.

EDIT:
An almost but-not-quite debut of a new tag team called The Possee (formerly the Ebony Experience in GWF) managed by Col. Rob Parker. The original idea was for The Possee to be brought out in chains and shackles, to give the visual impression of a white southerner leading two black men in chains and shackles. The idea, which was the brainchild of one Sid Vicious who was so impressed when working with the duo in a tag team match at the Adkisson Memorial show in Dallas on 4/2, had wanted to bring the duo in with the gimmick of them being escaped murderers managed by Parker (Robert Fuller). The idea was all dressed up and ready to go on television when Eric Bischoff, who apparently didn't know the extent of the angle, nixed it just as it was about to be taped. When WCW President Bill Shaw found out about the idea which almost ran, which no doubt would have caused even more negative phone calls, he found a finger-pointing upper brass all trying to blame others for giving the approval of the idea. While Booker T and Stevie Ray are going to keep their jobs with WCW, when they appeared at the television tapings Monday night, they were instead called Chitown Heat (yeah, I know the punch line, they're bringing in the Power Twins as Music City Showdown and renaming The Black Hearts "Halloween Havoc") and had masking tape over their prisoner uniform numbers and they will no longer be pushed as former prisoners.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eric didn’t know who had the idea on the HH podcast but he did mention he tried to shut it down as soon as he saw the finished product at the tryout match.

It seems like a Ric Flair idea on paper and I knew he was Booker in roughly same time frame but Ole makes sense too since he booked a lot of racist shit. And well since SID is from Arkansas.

Valeyard

Reaction score
It's just funny that so many names coming up with something that awful come to mind. Ole soliciting and taking suggestions from Sid had to be a hell of an interaction.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I weirdly love '99-'01 DDP. It might be my favorite era of his. Just seems like he's grasping at straws to find some sort of spark to help the company. "I'll turn heel and form a stable with Bam Bam and Kanyon where we brag about being from New Jersey! Then I can get mad at Buff Bagwell for hitting on my wife. No wait I can become David Arquette's best buddy!"

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
re: "Norton couldn't do jobs in America"

Is that why the match against Booker T got scrapped at WW3 in 1998? I think it was even advertised in the pre-show of the PPV but was dropped with no explanation