Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He was everything and more in NJPW, at least to me. Monster who worked stiff, and he and Ludvig Borga as a team is some of the hardest one can mark.

Fire And Ice were great and it's a shame they didn't get a real run. At least a chance for a Faces Of Fear feud.

Super Leather

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I totally would have bought Scott Norton in a higher-profile role than being lost in the NWO shuffle. Give him a good mouthpiece and feature him in a monster-for-hire capacity...or just run Norton/Meng every so often for a good hoss fight.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Him in the random-ass midcard title scene would've been fine. Killing cruisers, he and Regal beating the shit out of each other, high profile to at least be on TV more. Bridge the gap in the US title scene maybe until Konnan gets the promised run, just because at least getting in One Man Gang's spot is different..

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At the very least, it would've been way better if he should have had the random role of hoss who has a feud with Juventud Guerrera instead of Reese in mid '98. Flash Norton had a neat little match with Eddie Guerrero at one of the later COTC specials IIRC.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Norton and Malenko would've been the kinda team I'd back.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He wouldn't get higher than solid midcard. If he came in a few years before on a consistent basis there'd be all kinds of stuff for him, potentially. Watts would've dug him.

There's also the fantasy of a jump and Million Dollar Champion Scott Norton taking out that big dummy Diesel.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Norton in the mix during the Booker/Benoit/Martel/Saturn/Finlay rivalries for the TV title would've been very welcome

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@BruiserBrody : Sad? Did you misspell "awesome"?

@Valeyard mentioned the underratedness of Scott Hudson in the '01 thread and I want to chime in here that I really enjoyed his vaguely smarky C/D show commentary in '99 when he would run down all of Ed Leslie and Barry Darsow's past gimmicks.

Come to think of it, Ed Leslie and Barry Darsow should've done a confused ex WWF guys tag team.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

I wonder how things change if Dusty really does decide to hang it up in 88 (and maybe tries to stay on as booker?)
- Do Tully and Arn still leave in a huff?
- I guess Flair/Dusty still have issues over Flair dropping the gold.
- Maybe Dusty loses the US title via suspension like what happened IRL, but then agrees to retire if he fails to win it back with his one rematch at the GAB?
- If nothing else, if Rhodes was building to his own last match, maybe he'd be more focused than his 88 booking where he feuded with the Midnights, Larry Z, Tully, Windham, and Ivan/PoP all in the first 5 months of the year.

Valeyard

Reaction score
I much preferred Bock. He felt like a natural presence, a wrestler being in a position of power and not quite comfortable but still stern. There's also the mountain of stuff he and Heenan could've done.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I also liked that you could play up the fact that he's an early Hogan rival.

Plus who wouldn't have wanted to see Bockwinkel and Raven seeing who could use bigger words in a promo?

Valeyard

Reaction score
He and Jericho would've been really good. Bock would've made the Goldberg match happen.