Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Being shorter than his girlfriend had to be a bigger problem, brother.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I would probably pay money for a comp of all the washed Dick Slater matches from 1987 in the AWA and beyond. He and Murdoch were some of my bains (banes?) when they took out Scott Steiner in 1991.
Slater was working WCW Pro on Sat AM in like 95 against some slub and Heenan on commentary mentioned Slater's bad knees. Schiavone or whoever was the play by play guy struggled to think of a recent angle to explain Heenan's comment. The Brain then explained all long time wrestlers have bum knees from the decades of grind. It was a little moment that stuck with me 25 years later.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Heenan seemed like he would drop hints of realness in second/third tier WCW matches more than he ever would anytime else there or in WWF. Like how he would wax nostalgic about managing Bobby Duncum during Bobby Duncum Jr matches.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Heenan would alternate between embarrassment and concern for the long term health of the hardcore shit.

I loved the random matches. The sense of excited confusion when something ridiculous like Evad vs Psychosis or whatever has never been matched.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
That and the Lex/Neidhart clip could be cross-posted in the Matches You Didn't Think Existed thread

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score

And here is the Giant squashing 911: