Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
One company having 911, Rick Fuller, and Road Block, no matter how briefly, had a badass stable.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Fuller was a poor man's Bryan Clarke.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've told this story before but this is perfect thread to tell it again. I once urinated next to Rick Fuller at an extremely poorly attended indy show in 2010. Very loud breather IIRC.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PWO/DVDR revealing to me that El Dandy was a huge star in Mexico in the early 90s absolutely blew my mind
The GOAT knew.

Los Fabulosos was name of El Dandy and Silver King’s team that got a short lived undercard push in ‘00. They feuded with post gay gimmick Lenny & Lodi (as Standards & Practices maybe? God, nosediving dying WCW lover insider humor). Los Fabulosos wore hilariously unflattering skintight Power Rangers like costumes.

It was just a victim of bad timing as their push started like literally two weeks before Russo returned and reset all of the storylines. In fact, IIRC, their last appearance was standing in the ring with rest of non main eventers when Russo gave his dumb return “shoot” promo.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The GOAT knew.

Los Fabulosos was name of El Dandy and Silver King’s team that got a short lived undercard push in ‘00. They feuded with post gay gimmick Lenny & Lodi (as Standards & Practices maybe? God, nosediving dying WCW lover insider humor). Los Fabulosos wore hilariously unflattering skintight Power Rangers like costumes.

It was just a victim of bad timing as their push started like literally two weeks before Russo returned and reset all of the storylines. In fact, IIRC, their last appearance was standing in the ring with rest of non main eventers when Russo gave his dumb return “shoot” promo.
I remember someone getting really mad at Bret for this promo and his burying of El Dandy.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Weren't El Dandy, Silver King, and La Parka a group for a little while? I swear I remember them together for at least a bit and breaking up because La Parka wasn't taking the group seriously.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Crowbar is an anti-vax loon. Fuck that guy. Get him to post here.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Crowbar is an anti-vax loon. Fuck that guy. Get him to post here.
He has a very annoying Twitter presence. Which I guess culminated with him following me. He's trying very very hard and very unsuccessfully to get over as a "controversial, outspoken grizzled '90s vet". Which is like fuck, why would you emulate Disco Inferno and Al Snow?

He had a match in ROH last year and is pretty good for an old timer but he'd rather focus on his physical therapy practice and trying to pick fights with wrestling Twitter then get more bookings, I guess.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Crowbar is totally a legend. I remember the Wall putting him through a table, and him standing in the way so I couldn't see Daffney. His shitty beliefs, which I think cost him a gig in TNA in the early days. That he looks like a goth Nostalgia Critic. He's absolutely a legend. I want him and Damien Demento to have a podcast.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Steve Doll's career highlight was being in the ring when Scott Hall made his debut kicking off one of the most famous wrestling angles ever.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
vs The Mauler (Mike Enos)! When the match started, I think every wrestling fan was like "Why the hell did a random undercard heel Vs heel match make Nitro? Oh...."

I wonder what would be the most meaningless Nitro match in history. Hour 1 of Nitro during the three hour era had some real garbage time matches. There was a point in early-mid '99 where they were like "Hey wait. Why are we putting these garbage matches on this slot? Let's just do mostly interviews and video packages during Hour 1!" and wrestling fans were just like "You know you guys have the most loaded roster of all time. You could put GOOD MATCHES on here. Whatever. I'm going to watch Sable."